Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average

General Monsuno Thread

This is for discussing MONSUNO it's this new TCG/Action Figure game I picked up a couple at target today. It's a mix of Beyblade/Bakugan/Pokemon. I bought DriftBlade and BackSlash. there is also a TV show on nicktoons.

"Remember this Masamune Kadoya, true effort, real training, is found at the very edge of one's limit!"-Klaus
Mar 03 2012 01:13 AM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #486 (1,126)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days VEmerald Face

That would belong in the Media forum.

[Image: UeGedi8.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Mar 03 2012 04:41 AM
Online Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
To

Bieber SMASH
BeyRank: #494 (1,124)
Antique FaceDJ FaceFace of DaysSagittario FaceDragoon FaceEmerald FaceEscolpio FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days IIBull FaceWolf Face

The toys look like the least inspired creation ever.

Mar 03 2012 07:39 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Hazel

Octorok Shmoctorok!
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAmethyst FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceEinstein FaceWyvern FaceThunder Dragon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnubis FaceHoruseus FaceSamurai Changer FaceDriger FaceDragoon II FaceRose Platinum FacePegasis FaceAnniversary Face 2012Driger Fang FaceBloody Devil FaceDranzer II FaceKetos FaceJiraiya FaceDark Leopard FaceEternal Passport Face

I saw some of these today, and I really have to agree with To... they seem to've very much ripped off every other series on their aisle(Pokémon, Beyblade, and Bakugan) in TRU.

[Image: hazelsignature2.jpg]
Some manner of Octopus.
Mar 03 2012 09:10 PM
RayUniStriker

L!
BeyRank: #1,056 (1,046)
Gold FaceAquila FaceCancer FaceBull Face

(Mar 03 2012 01:13 AM)BLAZE-∞™ Wrote:  I bought DriftBlade and BackSlash.
I saw them for the first time this morning , I wonder if you could use the stadium to bey blade in?It is a mystery

!L! ScottPilgrimWBA is now gLeeBlader!
Do YOU like gLee well pm me and lets get talking!
[Image: dragonanimated_728664.gif]Clicky Clicky Clicky Clicky
Mar 10 2012 07:20 PM
MBF1

BeyRank: #1,642 (1,010)
Bronze FaceRose Gold Face

(Mar 10 2012 07:20 PM)ScottPilgrimWBA Wrote:  
(Mar 03 2012 01:13 AM)BLAZE-∞™ Wrote:  I bought DriftBlade and BackSlash.
I saw them for the first time this morning , I wonder if you could use the stadium to bey blade in?It is a mystery
I found the stadium at my local target, for a split second I thought it was an actual beyblade stadium until I noticed it said "monsuno" on it. Pinching_grin

[Image: wpFo8aL.png]
Mar 10 2012 11:13 PM
To

Bieber SMASH
Antique FaceDJ FaceFace of DaysSagittario FaceDragoon FaceEmerald FaceEscolpio FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days IIBull FaceWolf Face

So Far East Movement did the show's theme song

Wait, wut? The song itself is kind of awkwardly done (if they had to use the song I would've started it at 28 secs in) and given the target demo won't know who Far East Movement are it makes it a very confusing decision.

Mar 20 2012 11:22 PM
AkioEPC

Macaroni Noodle Dog

I love monsuno I want Charger(the moose not the car) he and BackSlash are my Favorite Monsuno.

Mar 24 2012 03:49 PM
iVtechboyinpa

King BeyKnight

(Mar 10 2012 11:13 PM)kev1 Wrote:  
(Mar 10 2012 07:20 PM)ScottPilgrimWBA Wrote:  I saw them for the first time this morning , I wonder if you could use the stadium to bey blade in?It is a mystery
I found the stadium at my local target, for a split second I thought it was an actual beyblade stadium until I noticed it said "monsuno" on it. Pinching_grin

That's exactly what I thought! I was like "Wow Hasbro, new stadium, I likey!" And then I picked it up and saw Monsuno and was like "...." -__- I feel like trying it anywats though haha.

Need Sticker Sheets? All thanks go to Kai-V!
Laugh Moments (Click to View)
Mar 27 2012 01:14 AM
Wombat

Tomorrow Comes Today
BeyRank: #105 (1,321)
Rose Gold FaceFace of Days IIICrown FaceBronze FaceBeafowl FaceEmerald FaceUnicorno FaceAnniversary Face 2013Poseidon FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceBegirados FaceFace of Days VGold FaceTrypio Face

If it was curved on the inside, like a bowl, it would be like a Hasbro/SpinMaster Stadium, but better.

See an abbreviation or term you don't understand and can't find on Beywiki? Check out the WBO Glossary!
[Image: YWPhCc6.gif]
Mar 27 2012 01:28 AM
Brittany Mason

I am a peanut >w<
BeyRank: #2,527 (969)

I want a monsuno action figure soooo bad,but my mom is to lazy to take me to the store! : p

[Image: kyoya.png]
Mar 27 2012 04:13 AM
Brittany Mason

I am a peanut >w<
BeyRank: #2,527 (969)

I just got Lock! I had to work my but of doing choars to get it though Pinching_eyes_2

[Image: kyoya.png]
Mar 31 2012 01:12 AM
PhantomKid

GOBLUEGOBLUEGOBLUEGO

I have 4: Lock, Evo, Wind____ and Backslash(?)

[Image: Untitled-1-9.gif]
Thank's Blood for the cool sig!
Mar 31 2012 01:38 AM
Nuzumaki90

BeyRank: #1,009 (1,050)
Face of Days IIAres Face

I felt the same way about the opening for Monsuno that I did for Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal opening. The high-techy singing put me off at first but I have to admit, it's gotten to me and I like it a lot.

I'v yet to buy any seeing how I don't really know how the game works and the names are confusing.

[Image: phantomchris.jpg]
Mar 31 2012 02:38 AM
Crab Commando

InsertCrabJokeHere
(This post was last modified: Apr 01 2012 12:44 AM by Crab Commando.)
That opening song was interesting.
Anyway, can somebody explain to me how to play this and WHAT this is, exactly? It looks like Bakugan.

But yeah, that Monsuno stadium screams "BEYBLADE" right in my face.

Crab Commando (krab-ka-man-doh); noun
Definition: A person who really needs to take a break from buying Beyblades
I'm buying some stuff here!
Random Quotes... (Click to View)
My collection (83 Beyblades and counting) (Click to View)
Mar 31 2012 12:56 PM
To

Bieber SMASH

(Mar 31 2012 12:56 PM)Crab Commando Wrote:  That opening song was interesting.
Anyway, can somebody explain to me how to play this and WHAT this is, exactly? It looks like Bakugan.

A very obvious cash-in by a company who saw the green Hasbro and Spin Masters were pulling in and decided they wanted some of it.

I honestly don't even know why you need to spin the toys other than it being "cool". It's not like Bakugan where these monsters have hidden G power, and where the roll ends dictates the use of a card. In Monsuno it seems the only reason you spin the toys is to summon them? Err, all the toys have card counterparts, why is that needed? Well that's the funny thing, for Monsuno there's a version of the game where you don't need the toys at all. Amazing.

This project since announcement nearly two years ago has always rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed very "Me too!" and I think the product is showing that.

Apr 06 2012 12:20 AM
Anchor

Based Cereal
Rose Gold Face

I wanna try out that stadium,its tempting to buy. It looks a lot better than Hasbro Stadiums for sure,thats sort of sad too.

[Image: jTdFIBh.jpg]
Apr 06 2012 12:35 AM
Thor Odinson

God, Avenger, Epic.

What does it look like? Someone post a link/picture...
Apr 06 2012 12:37 AM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Hazel

Octorok Shmoctorok!
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAmethyst FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceEinstein FaceWyvern FaceThunder Dragon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnubis FaceHoruseus FaceSamurai Changer FaceDriger FaceDragoon II FaceRose Platinum FacePegasis FaceAnniversary Face 2012Driger Fang FaceBloody Devil FaceDranzer II FaceKetos FaceJiraiya FaceDark Leopard FaceEternal Passport Face

(Apr 06 2012 12:37 AM)TheInGreek Wrote:  What does it look like? Someone post a link/picture...

Can you really not type "Monsuno" into google?

[Image: hazelsignature2.jpg]
Some manner of Octopus.
Apr 06 2012 04:31 PM
Crab Commando

InsertCrabJokeHere

(Apr 06 2012 12:20 AM)To Wrote:  
(Mar 31 2012 12:56 PM)Crab Commando Wrote:  That opening song was interesting.

A very obvious cash-in by a company who saw the green Hasbro and Spin Masters were pulling in and decided they wanted some of it.

I honestly don't even know why you need to spin the toys other than it being "cool". It's not like Bakugan where these monsters have hidden G power, and where the roll ends dictates the use of a card. In Monsuno it seems the only reason you spin the toys is to summon them? Err, all the toys have card counterparts, why is that needed? Well that's the funny thing, for Monsuno there's a version of the game where you don't need the toys at all. Amazing.

This project since announcement nearly two years ago has always rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed very "Me too!" and I think the product is showing that.
I picked up a Lock from TRU last Saturday. But there IS, in fact a number on each of the figures.
The figures are fun to spin and launch, but yes, not original at all...

Crab Commando (krab-ka-man-doh); noun
Definition: A person who really needs to take a break from buying Beyblades
I'm buying some stuff here!
Random Quotes... (Click to View)
My collection (83 Beyblades and counting) (Click to View)
Apr 06 2012 06:26 PM