General Hasbro BEYBLADE: Metal... Metal Fury/ Shogun Steel - FALL 2013 [HOBBY]

(Jan 06 2013 04:52 PM)Beyatic Wrote:  
(Jan 06 2013 04:04 PM)GladiatorGaruda Wrote:  
(Jan 06 2013 03:39 PM)Sakyoo Wrote:  I think hasbro should make the boxes for Shogun Steel like the TT ones, they are much cooler!
I think we will see a little bit at the toyfair of Shogun Steel, like the metal fury 2 pack from last year
When is this toyfair of Shogun Steel?

The Toy Fair takes place February 10-13 this year. We are not sure if Shogun Steel will be show at the fair, however. It is just speculation based off what Hasbro has done in the past.

I don't think there would be any Shogun Steel there unless Metal Fury was there around the same time last year. Isn't it a little early for them to be making the toys after the title was only announced mid December?
Jan 06 2013 06:28 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
DrPepsidew

CertifiedBreadwinner
BeyRank: #51 (1,402)
Silver FaceDJ FaceGold FaceBronze FaceVirgo FaceWolf FaceFace of RevolutionGold FaceAmber FaceEmerald FaceFace of Days IVSapphire FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBronze FaceRuby FaceGold FacePassport FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceGold FaceOnyx FaceBronze FacePrize Hunter FaceGold FaceRex FaceBlaze FaceAnniversary Face 2013Gold FaceBronze Face

(Jan 05 2013 09:04 PM)GladiatorGaruda Wrote:  Possibly, yeah my launch power is a lot, after using LL2's a lot and getting used to them, when I started using ripcord launchers again, I just couldn't launch properly if I put my finger inside the hole for the handle. Ever since then I've been launching ripcords by putting my index finger on the bottom of the handle and my thumb on top without putting the fingers through the opening. I can't really explain much more of you don't get it. For one of my ripcords, i think it got stuck so when I pulled it the handle flew off and the cord stayed inside the launcher! For another one, it just started ripping randomly and eventually fell off.

See what you're saying, I do the same thing with my ripcord launchers, you get more power out of it that way

Follow/Sub me on Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram! @DrPepsidewWBO
#Sway King
Dragooon isn't as bad as it was when it first came out. It's totally fine now. But F230 combos. Jeez. And straight Dragooon stamina carp. Defense and attack are cool doe.
Goals:
All have been achieved. Now onto people I want to defeat:
Jan 06 2013 06:28 PM
Raigeko13

MtG Player
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceCapricorne FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago Face
(This post was last modified: Jan 06 2013 06:44 PM by Raigeko13.)
It's highly likely we'll see it at the toy fair. It's what Hasbro's done since Metal Fusion was introduced.

As for if Shogun Steel will be the main attraction, is another question. (See Beywheelz.)
However, I'm sure they'll showcase it, along with a stadium or two. Pray it's an unaltered Zero-G Stadium.

[Image: oqcqh.png]
Jan 06 2013 06:42 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
phantomcellistf

Gosei Ifrit Zord

(Jan 06 2013 03:39 PM)Sakyoo Wrote:  I think hasbro should make the boxes for Shogun Steel like the TT ones, they are much cooler!

Name the last time you went into a store and saw a toy (excluding the larger sets) in the boy's action figure section that wasn't in a blister-style package or box with a clear window. Hasbro is not Takara Tomy nor will they ever be them. They have specific practices for their products. They give the packaging simple designs that are mostly uniform throughout their lines. If you haven't noticed, the Avengers multipack sets are the same exact box shape as the ones for the Legendary Bladers sets. Also, like other toylines, each Metal Fusion Bey was in the same package as each other, and the same was true about Metal Masters and XTS, and now Metal Fury, [Metal Fury] SparkFX, and Hyperblades. So, what makes you think Hasbro will go out of it's way to make a package to suit each individual Beyblade that, although somewhat uniform, makes them greatly stand out from each other and compete for your attention? Besides, can you imagine if Hasbro did it for all their product lines? Also, Takara Tomy is a smaller company with less product lines that mainly operates in a single highly/extremely competitive and brutal market called Japan.

As for my opinion on Takara Tomy's packaging: they are cool, but, honestly, they're a mess and overwhelming. There's too many logos and text everywhere, but then there's photos and wide array of color and designs, making it even more messy. It works for the Japanese and other Eastern markets, but not the worldwide/US/Western market, which prefers simplicity and uniformity.

(Jan 06 2013 06:42 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote:  It's highly likely we'll see it at the toy fair. It's what Hasbro's done since Metal Fusion was introduced.

As for if Shogun Steel will be the main attraction, is another question. (See Beywheelz.)
However, I'm sure they'll showcase it, along with a stadium or two. Pray it's an unaltered Zero-G Stadium.

Unless Hasbro comes out with yet another major sub-product line for the Beyblade franchise, I highly doubt Shogun Steel will be pushed to the side for the show. Besides, last year, they did focus on the main set for Metal Fury: the very gimmicky Destroyer Dome. Hopefully, they'll do the same for whatever is their version of the Zero-G Stadium, another very gimmicky concept.

3DS FC: 4983-5058-0346 - Drew
XY Friend Safari: Ghost (Lampent, Pumpkaboo, & Golurk)
--------------------------------------------------
Quick Links to online Beyblade listings (Click to View)
Jan 06 2013 08:28 PM

They might release the Zero-G stadium in a set similar to the Destroyer Dome, but I wonder if they will use a weird spin track or something of the sort in the set. Anyway, if a set of the Zero-G stadium is created, I can't imagine what name Hasbro would give it.
Sphere 360 -> Destroyer Dome
Zero-G -> ???????
(Someone said something like this before, I just thought I would bring it up again)
Jan 06 2013 10:21 PM
Tri

BEYFIST
BeyRank: #552 (1,111)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceAnniversary Face 2012Coro Dragon FaceDragoon II FaceDranzer II FacePassport FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSusanow FaceBeelzeb FaceAlexandrite FaceAnniversary Face 2013Amber FaceCrown FaceLyra FaceGiraffe FaceCygnus FaceKronos FaceCoro Dragon Face

Wonder if Hasbro will release there regular launchers with the Shogun Steel beys. Hasbro launchers can't don't do very well launching synchrom combos if I recall correctly.

[Image: OJQfY6t.png]
Jan 06 2013 10:35 PM
Online Find all posts by this user
Ryuujin M

Ryuujin Genesis Neo
(This post was last modified: Jan 07 2013 12:06 AM by Ryuujin M.)
(Jan 06 2013 10:35 PM)Tri Wrote:  Wonder if Hasbro will release there regular launchers with the Shogun Steel beys. Hasbro launchers can't don't do very well launching synchrom combos if I recall correctly.

Don't know what your talking about, I can launch Dragoon Phoenic BD145MF (random syncrom I made) with a Hasbro launcher FAR better than I can with a Compact launcher with a grip.

[Image: glide.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 1607-2691-1148
You may know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you because I know everything YOU'RE going to do!
Strange isn't it?...Ze.
Jan 07 2013 12:05 AM
Tri

BEYFIST
BeyRank: #552 (1,111)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceAnniversary Face 2012Coro Dragon FaceDragoon II FaceDranzer II FacePassport FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSusanow FaceBeelzeb FaceAlexandrite FaceAnniversary Face 2013Amber FaceCrown FaceLyra FaceGiraffe FaceCygnus FaceKronos FaceCoro Dragon Face

I never said they would release with the compact launchers, all I said was I wonder if they will release with there regular launchers, not necicarilly meaning compact launchers as the alternative.

[Image: OJQfY6t.png]
Jan 07 2013 12:08 AM
Online Find all posts by this user
Coach

Smash something!
BeyRank: #323 (1,172)
Rose Gold FaceDJ FaceWolborg FaceFace of Days IIIGold FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceSapphire FaceThunder Dragon FaceAmber FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceCygnus FaceBeelzeb FaceOrion FaceFox FaceBeafowl FaceKronos FaceCrown FaceMetal FaceBronze FaceRuby FaceBronze FaceAnniversary Face 2013Phoenix FacePassport Face
(This post was last modified: Jan 07 2013 12:43 AM by Coach.)
Hasbros light launchers have no power.
I really wish they would release more string launchers in stores. I see some online but the only one I ever saw in store not in a set was the rev-up and I have a feeling mine was broke brand new. Discovered a tooth missing on a gear soon after using it... And if they'd ever create a good L/R would be nice...
Hope with what it seems like Hasbro pushing the boat to keep Beyblade a continuous "toy" that they step up their game some. The Hyperblades were a major surprise for me, They are competitive buys

[Image: TBC_Coach.png]
Michigan BeyRankings (Click to View)
Jan 07 2013 12:42 AM
Ryuujin M

Ryuujin Genesis Neo
(This post was last modified: Jan 07 2013 12:49 AM by Ryuujin M.)
(Jan 07 2013 12:08 AM)Tri Wrote:  I never said they would release with the compact launchers, all I said was I wonder if they will release with there regular launchers, not necicarilly meaning compact launchers as the alternative.

My comment had nothing to do with what launchers would come with the Beyblades, it was only to state that Hasbro launchers are perfectly capable of launching Synchrom combos with ease.
Edit:
(Jan 07 2013 12:42 AM)Coach Wrote:  Hasbros light launchers have no power.
I'd say otherwise..

You may know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you because I know everything YOU'RE going to do!
Strange isn't it?...Ze.
Jan 07 2013 12:45 AM
Dual

Illinois' Underdog
BeyRank: #557 (1,109)
Face of Days IIIAnniversary Face 2012Dragonis FaceAntique FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceCancer FaceUranus FaceAnniversary Face 2013Emerald FaceOrion FaceSerpent FaceAquila FaceAquila FaceWBBA Caesar FaceWBBA L Drago FaceCancer Face

I wouldn't. Hasbro launchers junk compared even to the TT light launcher 2.

[Image: aij7.jpg]
|Emotional Overflow|Shot in the Dark|A Bit of the Past|The Suffering Warrior|Reach for the Stars|
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
Jan 07 2013 01:25 AM
Online Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ryuujin M

Ryuujin Genesis Neo

(Jan 07 2013 01:25 AM)Outnumbered Wrote:  I wouldn't. Hasbro launchers junk compared even to the TT light launcher 2.
Once again, I say otherwise.

From the many test launches I just finished doing, my conclusion is that the Hasbro launcher's power ranges from equal or slightly greater power than that of my LL2.
I say this because the launches with the LL2, while powerful, they weren't consistent enough for my tastes. Hasbro's launcher however, had the same power if not slightly greater than the LL2 while being much more consistent, much smoother, and can handle the heavier beys much easier.

And if you are wondering, I tested with Wing Pegasis 90WF (Hasbro), Screw Capricorne 90MF, and Diablo Kerbecs BD145EDS (EDS is rather offensive).
I'd make video proof if necessary.

Strange isn't it?...Ze.
Jan 07 2013 02:02 AM
Dual

Illinois' Underdog
BeyRank: #557 (1,109)
Face of Days IIIAnniversary Face 2012Dragonis FaceAntique FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceCancer FaceUranus FaceAnniversary Face 2013Emerald FaceOrion FaceSerpent FaceAquila FaceAquila FaceWBBA Caesar FaceWBBA L Drago FaceCancer Face
(This post was last modified: Jan 07 2013 04:56 AM by Dual.)
Huh. Maybe we have different Hasbro launchers -.-...not to be rude or anything, but I completely disagree. The Hasbro launchers I own are so weak, F:D doesnt even change modes, it just goes nuts. Maybe theres something wrong with every one of my Hasbro launchers, but I dont think so. Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

[Image: aij7.jpg]
|Emotional Overflow|Shot in the Dark|A Bit of the Past|The Suffering Warrior|Reach for the Stars|
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
Jan 07 2013 02:08 AM
Online Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #575 (1,106)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FacePassport FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013

Yes, seriously, this whole Beyblade community disagrees with you on that subject, Ryuujin EX, and we have been testing things extensively since 2008. Hasbro's "ripcord launchers" are horrible, equal to a simple Light Launcher at most.

[Image: direngreysignature104.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Jan 07 2013 04:54 AM
th!nk

CRAZY HORSE
BeyRank: #412 (1,142)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FacePassport FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face
(This post was last modified: Jan 07 2013 05:25 AM by th!nk.)
It's not a matter of the community, it's a simple matter of the gear ratio on them being utterly abysmal - it's an immutable fact that they are weak, not some subjective thing that can be argued about. The LL1, which is the launcher hasbro are still using (they use the same internals unless I remember incorrectly), is the weakest non-gimmick launcher in the entire beyblade line - and unlike the TT LL1, they don't even come with a sizable ripcord.

Only the String Launchers approach the power of the regular launchers used for Plastics, and even then, it's only close when the string launcher is used well.

New Here? Read My Guide to the WBO: How to Make Good Posts and Not Get Warned!
Jan 07 2013 05:06 AM
(This post was last modified: Jan 07 2013 05:16 AM by Infie.)
The hasbro light launcher is also poorly made at times, with brand new light launchers already faulty and skipping gears (especially with the Tempo printed light launchers).
Jan 07 2013 05:16 AM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #575 (1,106)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FacePassport FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013

(Jan 07 2013 05:06 AM)th!nk Wrote:  It's not a matter of the community, it's a simple matter of the gear ratio on them being utterly abysmal - it's an immutable fact that they are weak, not some subjective thing that can be argued about. The LL1, which is the launcher hasbro are still using (they use the same internals unless I remember incorrectly), is the weakest non-gimmick launcher in the entire beyblade line - and unlike the TT LL1, they don't even come with a sizable ripcord.

Only the String Launchers approach the power of the regular launchers used for Plastics, and even then, it's only close when the string launcher is used well.

My comment was more : "subjective or objective, in a poll, all the veterans are on the same side against you, therefore chances are very high that they are right whatever you think".

[Image: direngreysignature104.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Jan 07 2013 05:35 AM
Ryuujin M

Ryuujin Genesis Neo
(This post was last modified: Jan 07 2013 05:38 AM by Ryuujin M.)
(Jan 07 2013 05:16 AM)Infie Wrote:  The hasbro light launcher is also poorly made at times, with brand new light launchers already faulty and skipping gears (especially with the Tempo printed light launchers).
I honestly had that problem with a lot of the launchers from Hasbro. the thing is, I've never really had this problem with nearly all of the launchers from the Metal Fury line that I've purchased.
About all of the launchers from before then pretty much sucked. I forgot to mention this earlier however, as I wasn't paying attention to all the details. What I'm saying is that all of my good launchers, save for a few, came from Metal Fury or later.
Edit: Man, I'm too slow...

Strange isn't it?...Ze.
Jan 07 2013 05:38 AM
th!nk

CRAZY HORSE
BeyRank: #412 (1,142)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FacePassport FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face

I feel that objective proof is better than opinion, haha. Either way, we agree that the launchers are terrible.

New Here? Read My Guide to the WBO: How to Make Good Posts and Not Get Warned!
Jan 07 2013 05:38 AM
Raigeko13

MtG Player
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceCapricorne FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago Face

BB-10

Duo Cygnus W145WD (Metal Fusion Launcher from Rock Scorpio T125JB)
2:12

Duo Cygnus W145WD (Metal Fury Launcher from Hyperblade Omega Dragonis 85XF)
2:22

Duo Cygnus W145WD (Light Launcher 1 from Pegasis 105F)
2:22

There is hardly any difference in them, from what I see. I always felt that Metal Fusion Launchers weren't built as well as the Metal Masters and up, but it barely made any difference. If these solo spin times seem a bit low to anyone, it's because my Duo shakes like there's no tomorrow. No matter what I put on there, it shakes, so in turn, it's slightly aggressive at the beginning of the battle.

[Image: oqcqh.png]
Jan 07 2013 07:34 AM