General Hasbro BEYBLADE:Metal Fury/Shogun Steel/Beyblades Legends -FALL 2014 [HOBBY]

(Oct. 18, 2011  12:00 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: No, I'm not criticizing, The "why even bother" part was that when it doesn't have 4D's why make a 4D Beyblade. A joke.

One thing though, how do they know the better mode?
Because it is released as Metal Fury, not 4D.

The team that designs the Beyblades actually playtests them so they do know which one the better one will be.
(Oct. 18, 2011  12:05 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: So if theres just one mode, will the ENTIRE Variares be released, or just two auto modes? If si, Im getting that Attack mode!!!
We actually didn't ask about Variares.
I steam at the collar when the Weeaboo types on Deviantart start criticizing Hasbro. *shudders*
(Oct. 18, 2011  12:03 AM)Hazel Wrote: This is like being angry about your milkshake stand not also offering a poop flavor in addition to Vanilla, Chocolate, etc. They're cutting out the crappy modes and giving you a lower price, people.

Stop the absolutely baseless Hasbro-bashing. I know the bandwagon is cool, but you're not.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't care at all if the better or worse mode is released. I want Different Material, Divided Wheel, Dynamic Drive, and Deep Custom, two of which won't be present.

The reason I like the 4D system the most is because of the cool gimmicks like having 4 modes on big bang, and the cool bottoms. More so being able to do several different things with one Metal Wheel, where one mode is not the same as the next.

What was the original point of the Beyblade Hobby? Why has it been so popular? Not because they look cool. Customizability if that's a word. The 4D System was meant to maximize this, and Hasbro's reducing it back to almost the hybrid wheel system, which is really really repetitive, just makes no sense in this aspect. 4D was new, and the Metal Fury Beyblades still will be, but the uniqueness of them is almost lost, aside from the 4D Bottom.

From a competitive standpoint, I completely understand why it's no big issue. From my perspective, a "play for fun and who cares if you make the best combos" perspective, it's a huge disappointment, considering the same options available from another company are so much greater.

Yeah I still have access to TAKARA-TOMY Beyblades, but the only reason I buy the damn Hasbro Beyblades is because for the most part, it's more cost efficient. Other than that, my collection is mostly past Hasbro (aside from Beyblades I would buy just for the sake of having them). So why would I wait longer for a Beyblade when it's not even what I would enjoy out of that Beyblade.
They cannot offer 4D Beyblades at the normal price without modifying them. So, you're not saving money either way - a SonoKong 4D Beyblade, by the time Hasbro releases them, will probably have absolutely no markup, even with shipping, when ordered online. Hasbro is conforming to pricing standards the only way they can.

If losing the worthless gimmick means that much to you, you'll still have a cost effective solution via Sono Kong. Hasbro is dealing you no foul blow except perhaps in the manner that you won't be able to just drive to the local store and pick one up which is, of course, an inconvenience - depending on how patient you are.

Obviously there is a perspective switch for those who cannot order online, and if they're really that upset about the gimmick(a gimmick I cannot see someone really enjoying, honestly - who puts Blitz in Barrage mode and then actually enjoys watching it perform like garbage despite even the best efforts?), then they are up a creek, yes. But, that's an extremely small complaint to make. Customization simply for the sake of customization, with absolutely no benefits(as is the case with these gimmicks) is just wasted production money that should've gone elsewhere.

They're still perfectly unique in appearance, competitive function, etc. They just lack the ability to transform into a barely-functional paperweight.

I'll take a HWS wheel that looks nice and works fine over a piece of garbage that can turn into optimus prime on a dinosaur pretty much any time, unless it's purely for collection purposes.

Also, keep in mind through this that my favorite Beyblade is a 4D Bey. One with an absolutely despicably useless secondary mode. If that Beyblade could be made cheaper via removing the crappy second mode without ruining the aesthetic/primary function, I'd be like a schoolgirl on free pony day.
It definitely wouldn't be the 20+$ option, which is the only option I have.

I'm one of the people who can't order online. My only TAKARA-TOMY option is a store near me that often has products way too overpriced.

Like I said, I couldn't care less if a mode sucks. I play with dark and poison and galaxy and storm all the time because I don't give a poo how bad they do.

Where would the "wasted production money" go that would benefit me? More beybladebattles.com tournaments? More stadiums that are no fun?

I'd take the option with 10000 functions over the best part any day. I don't care how well it does, as I've mentioned. I just want to have fun. Having the best part is no fun at all in my eyes.
(Oct. 17, 2011  8:07 PM)Deikailo Wrote: each wheel will be manufactured without the option to change modes should the metal wheel come in two parts

sjkhfkjasdhfasdkjfbasjkdfhl
the rage of a thousand suns

(Oct. 17, 2011  8:07 PM)Deikailo Wrote: For now, this is unconfirmed and just an idea.
please be unconfirmed and not true

Ahh, well if it does come to this, that sucks. However there would be a problem with that and the anime, a conflict. In the anime it shows mode changes such as BBP, so what would become of that? Another "special move" or something?

As for the idea of $15 a blade - well, things get bigger and better as they grow older. Personally I wouldn't mind paying $15 for a blade, because it's still a more reasonable price than TAKARA-TOMY/SONO KONG. True it would be harder to sell though. And oohh... Double packs... Yikes. Sets with most likely bad stadiums? ...
Arrrggghhhh Hasbro, think! YOU CAN FIGURE THIS OUT! I know you can. o:

Galaxy Jay
*watching the anime*
*le mode change on BBP*
*le grab BBP*
*break MW trying to mode change*
Y U NO CHANGE DX

Even though 4D may not be "4D" in the U.S., it'd still be great to see them on shelves! Personally, I'm happy for this. This just means more mold changes, and things that could potentially do something serious to the upcoming metagame. I'd like to see some change. Grin

Ssj
>considering the same options available from another company are so much greater.
Well, they can't be EXACTLY like TT. It'd be way too hard. Do you know why it's so successful in Japan? Because it's local. Japan has a different market from the U.S./rest of the world, so it's more efficient over there. I'm not sure what exactly I'm trying to say here, but I'm sure you can collaborate and figure it out. Smile
Plus they do this from a child's standpoint. From a child's standpoint, they want the BEST of what they can make. Not the one which has a few modes. They are engulfed in this fantasy that if they get the best, they are the best. Which leads to more purchases. It's really hard to explain.
(Oct. 18, 2011  1:56 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I wouldn't mind paying $15 for a blade
Yet most parents would mind, including my own. 15 dollars for a single spinning top... that are just released in America? When you can get SK beys for around the same price including shipping, and they have all the different modes? Honestly, I'm with this unconfirmed thing Hasbro might do. It eliminates all the worthless parts of a specific metal wheel. The only bey I can see this really conflicting with is Scythe Kronos, but it's really only two parts for the metal wheel. And if ithe PC frame doesn't spin freely, so what? Simply buy the TT/SK version.
i haz spoken
(Oct. 18, 2011  2:01 AM)CRUelty Wrote:
Yet most parents would mind, including my own. 15 dollars for a single spinning top... that are just released in America? When you can get SK beys for around the same price including shipping, and they have all the different modes? Honestly, I'm with this unconfirmed thing Hasbro might do. It eliminates all the worthless parts of a specific metal wheel. The only bey I can see this really conflicting with is Scythe Kronos, but it's really only two parts for the metal wheel. And if ithe PC frame doesn't spin freely, so what? Simply buy the TT/SK version.
i haz spoken
This, completely.
Yeah, I meant to mention something like that in my post but when I post large walls of text I forget the most viable points and go off to another land and keep editing my post like crazy XD
But yeah, that, all the way. $15 from a parents standpoint would be crazy. It's a hard compromise. What the children want, or something that's cheap and okay? I hope they can find a mutual compromise Grin
i haz spoken

As it's been mentioned before, the change is only with the metal wheels not the pc frame.

Quote:I think the PC Frames would have to exist, although, I didn't ask about that. Scythe could no actually serve its purpose without a PC Frame. It wouldn't work unless it was built onto the energy ring.
Weren't Hasbro's HMS blades 10 USD per bey, if I remember correctly? That, coupled with the declining interest in Beyblade is what pretty much ended Beyblade and led to a huge loss for Hasbro: http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/07/news/mid...o_results/
So yeah, fifteen dollar beys would kill Beyblade completely, and I nor anyone else (especially Hasbro) would want that.
(Oct. 18, 2011  12:17 AM)Deikailo Wrote: The team that designs the Beyblades actually playtests them so they do know which one the better one will be.
Would they even do any serious play testing? I mean, I find it hard to imaging Hasbro employees getting out their beylaunchers and doing 10 rounds per mode in an attack stadium against a top tier defense combo with a sliding shoot launch. That's how we ended up with Hasbro's bad stadiums. I'm also confident that TT doesn't really play test that much either. They advertised things like ES and MS as having more stamina than any D tip. I think the mode that Hasbro will choose will end up what looks more visually appealing to kids.

(Oct. 18, 2011  12:38 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: What was the original point of the Beyblade Hobby? Why has it been so popular? Not because they look cool. Customizability if that's a word. The 4D System was meant to maximize this, and Hasbro's reducing it back to almost the hybrid wheel system, which is really really repetitive, just makes no sense in this aspect.
I always thought the 4D wheel customization was pretty shallow and more of an after-thought then anything else. For example, it's pretty clear TT designed Scythe with the idea of a free spinning PC frame, but TT decided to add a fixed PC frame mode just so kids would get "two wheels in one".
(Oct. 18, 2011  2:34 AM)-Vulcan- Wrote: Would they even do any serious play testing? I mean, I find it hard to imaging Hasbro employees getting out their beylaunchers and doing 10 rounds per mode in an attack stadium against a top tier defense combo with a sliding shoot launch. That's how we ended up with Hasbro's bad stadiums. I'm also confident that TT doesn't really play test that much either. They advertised things like ES and MS as having more stamina than any D tip. I think the mode that Hasbro will choose will end up what looks more visually appealing to kids.
Not the attack type stadiums, but their own stadiums, yeah. They do actually play against each other. I'm sure it's not formal or scientific, but whatever just seems to out-perform the other would be enough for them.

Or at least, they playtested 8 years ago...
Sorta off the current topic, how was the tournament overall Deikailo? Did Hasbro run it well? I'm assuming they had an age limit?
i haz spoken

The thing is, it's not like that for everyone. I completely agree with what you've said, but like I said to Hazel, for people like me that can't purchase online or have minimal access to TAKARA-TOMY Beyblades, they buy Hasbro because it's their only option or it's cheaper. So, competitive battling aside, why would this not be a bad thing in this scenario?

That's all certainly the case for me.

Plus, I want to add that this also seems to be an opinionated matter, as well as an availability matter. I like mode changes, some people don't care: opinion. I can't buy the SONOKONG option, and the TAKARA-TOMY option is extremely limited for me because of price and accessibility: availability.
So with the integration of metal wheel and core, could an integrated Blitz wheel, for example, be considered as 4D or HWS Metal Wheel?
You are in the extreme minority as an individual that wants additional functionalities even if they are useless and just waste company money.

I'd rather TT just never done anything involving MW mode changes - absolutely none of the alternate modes up until Phantom(and possibly Death, but unlikely) have been worth using. So, they have, in essence, wasted quite a lot of development and production cost on a useless additional functionality that could've gone towards simply producing more product of an actual competitive quality.

The fact that Hasbro is willing to do what TT was not willing to do, in order to save their customers money while still providing the same quality(if not better, potentially), is nothing short of admirable, in my eyes. Sure, Hasbro produces bad Stadia, but due to guidelines set for them. Yes, they make bad launcher grips - that is unjustified, but also not particularly harmful. Tornado Battlers and Electronic beys appeal to the non-competitive market, and collectors. They're really cleaning up their act, and this particular move is one I find to be of fantastic judgement.
While on the topic of money, Beyblade was singled out alongside Transformers as a key reason for growth this quarter, and they still view the brand as a major player on the global market.
Still, it's a valid reason for me to be disappointed in this decision. I'm not saying it was the best decision or the worst, I'm saying here is that there are legitimate reasons why people would be disappointed, since the "bandwagon" thing came up.

(this was to Hazel)
You all have to think of something too though : are our observed better modes still the better modes in a poor Hasbro BeyStadium ? There is a chance that no, some are not.

Why do they have to lower the amount of molds for metal pieces when they have to do PC Frames that cannot work with any other Wheel anyway ? Plastic might be less expensive, but I thought we were talking about molds here.
(Oct. 18, 2011  4:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Why do they have to lower the amount of molds for metal pieces when they have to do PC Frames that cannot work with any other Wheel anyway ? Plastic might be less expensive, but I thought we were talking about molds here.

I'm sorry, I don't follow. By Molds, are you referring to making the Divided Metal Wheel one piece? Why less? Sorry, I just don't understand. I think it's probably just me stupid.
(Oct. 18, 2011  4:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You all have to think of something too though : are our observed better modes still the better modes in a poor Hasbro BeyStadium ? There is a chance that no, some are not.

Why do they have to lower the amount of molds for metal pieces when they have to do PC Frames that cannot work with any other Wheel anyway ? Plastic might be less expensive, but I thought we were talking about molds here.

In the case of Blitz, at least, Barrage Attack Mode(the likely-to-be-axed mode) would be more functionally insipid in a Hasbro stadium than any other Metal Wheel in existence. I cannot speak for Fang, BBP, and Pretzelcoatl.

The production cost for PC frames versus Metal Wheels is, more than likely, hideously different. Otherwise, they would have no purpose whatsoever for doing this and, loathe as many here seem to be to admit it, Hasbro is a legitimate, business-minded, serious company. They do not make these changes just to be mean stupid meanie-heads.

EDIT: I think I misread, so I will respond in a second way just in case.

Concerning molds, having an extra mold around for the separate metal component is bound to be more expensive, as molds do not last forever and have to be re-cast numerous times during production. Simply casting the metal wheel as a single part is obviously going to be much cheaper - nearly half the cost, no doubt.

If they axe the PC frames, a lot of Beys simply wouldn't even work remotely similar to their TT counterparts. Fixing the MW in a single mode(the better mode, no less) provides no competitive detriment, while saving a lot of money. It's an obvious move, really.

@ShabalabaSSJFisherdooman I understand that this is your specific take on it, and I respect your opinion. However, I disagree with it simply on the basic premise that it is not my perspective.
[quote='-Vulcan-' pid='816269' dateline='1318901653']
Weren't Hasbro's HMS blades 10 USD per bey, if I remember correctly? That, coupled with the declining interest in Beyblade is what pretty much ended Beyblade and led to a huge loss for Hasbro: http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/07/news/mid...o_results/
So yeah, fifteen dollar beys would kill Beyblade completely, and I nor anyone else (especially Hasbro) would want that.

Dude, here in Australia normal starters are like 15$ and boosters for about 8$.
(Oct. 18, 2011  6:16 AM)sum 472 Wrote: Dude, here in Australia normal starters are like 15$ and boosters for about 8$.

Australia is a fraud.
(Oct. 18, 2011  3:49 AM)Hazel Wrote: dat large quote yo

Totally this.

(Oct. 18, 2011  4:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You all have to think of something too though : are our observed better modes still the better modes in a poor Hasbro BeyStadium ? There is a chance that no, some are not.
This as well. Basalt 230 does excellent in today's current metagame, however, a MF Ray CH120WD can defeat almost anything it's put up against in a Hasbro stadium. I think that in the Hasbro Metagame testing thread, all beys should be legal for testing, as the same with all stadiums.
I picked up a gravity "destroyer" yesterday, and there are a few interesting things about it.

The printed face still says perseus, but the face sticker it comes with has the image flipped to look less like letters. Also, the WD tip is not the same color as the track. I've never owned the TT version, so I can't really tell if that's a difference. And last thing is, from the pictures I've seen of mold 1, it looks very similar to it. though I can't be certain, since I don't own a mold 1 gravity wheel.