Thread Rating:
  • 47 Votes - 4.23 Average

Gaming Random Thoughts
To

Bieber SMASH
BeyRank: #494 (1,124)
Antique FaceDJ FaceFace of DaysSagittario FaceDragoon FaceEmerald FaceEscolpio FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days IIBull FaceWolf Face

Really, it's both.

Nov 22 2008 10:50 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
KoD PT

Advanced Member
Rose Gold Face

(Nov 21 2008 09:43 PM)bugturtles Wrote:  anyone know how to change the background for your profile when people see you on your buddy list etc? i see some with giant robots, buildings, urban areas, trains, etc. i want to know what i have currently set as my background and how to change it/where to get additional backgrounds if possible, lol

I was wondering this too, but they seemed to change each time I checked, so I guess it's just random.

(Nov 22 2008 07:55 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote:  someone recreated outset island. it's not published though =(
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7316/imga0542to4.jpg

Woah, that's great, the view even makes it look cartoony =o WW ftw

3DS Friend Code: 0318-7783-7967
Pokémon X in-game name: Dani
Friend Safari: Fraxure - Noibat - Sliggoo
Nov 22 2008 11:52 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
NAP

-Shika-
Antique FacePeridot Face

OMG Diego on the WII!!! I must have! /sarcasim
[Image: godiego-wii.jpg]
Nov 23 2008 01:48 AM
Away Find all posts by this user
H2O

Pegasis

yaaaaaay i can get a game for ma wii today,n i need ur help guys.i want (sonic unleashed,need for speed undercover, cod 5,animal crossing,rayman raving rabbidds)plz help me choose cuz my parents allowed me to get only 1

[Image: Pegasis-Sig.png]
Nov 23 2008 02:14 PM

Umm,....Meh.

It's Either Sonic or Animal Crossing(if you like that kinda game)

And OMG Fallout 3 is soo huge and open! I'm totally lost!
Nov 23 2008 10:19 PM
bugturtles

SUBARASHII
Royal FaceAntique Face

I find Animal Crossing fun. However if you play it too much it gets boring (from my experience with the GCN and DS versions).

Play a lot, get bored of it, not come back to it, then come back to it. That's how I did it, but your village will look like carp lmao.

[Image: 70726391.gif]
Nov 23 2008 10:23 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Kei

wavering light
BeyRank: #4 (1,688)
Face of SoulLapis Lazuli FaceRose Gold FaceAntique FaceRoyal FaceAmethyst FaceBronze FaceLeone FaceFace of WarDJ FaceSilver FaceDranzer FaceSilver FaceFace of DaysUltimate Dragoon FaceSilver FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceSapphire FacePrize Hunter FaceCancer FaceUnicorno FaceBrad FaceGold FaceAnubis FaceAquila FaceMetal FaceGold FaceRuby FaceGold FaceCapricorne FaceCancer FaceAmber FaceGold FaceGold FaceLacerta FaceByxis FaceThunder Dragon FaceFace of Days IIGold FaceHorogium FaceBronze FaceBronze FacePegasis FaceKerbecs FaceChimera FacePrize Hunter FaceOnyx FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IIIGold FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceStriker FaceGuardian FaceKronos FaceFox FaceJupiter FaceEterner FaceAverazer FaceSagittario FaceZeus FaceGold FaceGold FaceSilver FaceCygnus FaceUranus FaceCounter Leone FaceHerculeo FaceLibra FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012Silver FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBloody Devil FaceSilver FaceFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVEscolpio FaceGold FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBronze FacePlatinum FaceGold FaceBronze FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceSilver FaceGold FaceAlexandrite FaceAnniversary Face 2013Dragooon FaceGirago FaceBronze FacePegasis FaceBull FaceSagittario FaceGold FaceSilver FaceGold FacePhantom Fox III FaceGold FaceChimera FaceGold FaceZEO FaceEternal Passport FaceMF2 FaceQuetzalcoatl FaceEscolpio FaceFace of Days V
(This post was last modified: Nov 23 2008 10:50 PM by Kei.)
(Nov 23 2008 02:14 PM)pegasis Wrote:  yaaaaaay i can get a game for ma wii today,n i need ur help guys.i want (sonic unleashed,need for speed undercover, cod 5,animal crossing,rayman raving rabbidds)plz help me choose cuz my parents allowed me to get only 1

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of those games. Just don't get Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Nov 23 2008 10:50 PM
Roan

Hope
Antique FaceFace of WarDJ Face

Get Call of Duty. Its the only game of those you listed that actually looks decent.

Nov 23 2008 11:04 PM
SK

since '04
Antique Face

after a week of online play, i already have 1000 kills in CoD5
really wierd, because after 4 months of CoD4, i only got 2500 kills lol

it might be because i had some experience with the controls and stuff from CoD4, but last time i played CoD4 was in april lol
Nov 24 2008 12:09 AM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT
Lapis Lazuli FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceAmethyst FaceFace of WarPeridot FaceKiva FacePainite FacePegasis FaceBrad FaceBull FaceBrad FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVEternal Passport Face

(Nov 23 2008 10:23 PM)bugturtles Wrote:  I find Animal Crossing fun. However if you play it too much it gets boring (from my experience with the GCN and DS versions).

Unfortunately the Wii AC is literally exactly the same as the DS version.

I no longer manage nor work for the WBO. Do not PM or e-mail me questions about Beyblade! I will not respond!
Nov 24 2008 05:11 AM
H2O

Pegasis

i got cod5 Smile its really good,but i suck in it when am playing online lol,any way i will get all of the other games i listed next week cuz it will be my birthday Smile

[Image: Pegasis-Sig.png]
Nov 24 2008 02:43 PM
To

Bieber SMASH
Antique FaceDJ FaceFace of DaysSagittario FaceDragoon FaceEmerald FaceEscolpio FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days IIBull FaceWolf Face

http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/11/22/h...o-blowout/

I'd be all over LBP PSP, and Motorstorm PSP. It also fits with Yoshida's 2009 will be the year that people will say "That's on PSP?!?!", but hey, Im sure they could get more people gawking in amazement if they got a Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, and you know, VaporWare Limited's Gran Turismo Mobile. on the hand-held.

Other stuff doesn't really interest me, I like Uncharted (but carp, I wanted a Next-Gen Jak & Daxter Naughty Dog), and GoW, but Im still iffy on Killzone 2. And a cheaper PS3 does me no good since I already have one.

But that stuff only applies if this stuff is actually true...

Nov 25 2008 09:11 AM
Nikku

in.the.NICK.of.time
Face of Courage

(Nov 25 2008 09:11 AM)To Wrote:  http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/11/22/h...o-blowout/

I'd be all over LBP PSP, and Motorstorm PSP. It also fits with Yoshida's 2009 will be the year that people will say "That's on PSP?!?!", but hey, Im sure they could get more people gawking in amazement if they got a Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, and you know, VaporWare Limited's Gran Turismo Mobile. on the hand-held.

Other stuff doesn't really interest me, I like Uncharted (but carp, I wanted a Next-Gen Jak & Daxter Naughty Dog), and GoW, but Im still iffy on Killzone 2. And a cheaper PS3 does me no good since I already have one.

Ugh, to be honest, i don't think they've understood the PSP's problems at all. Rather than converting existing brands, they need to start creating new ones for the PSP system. I'm simply not inclined to buy a PSP for LittleBigPlanet when my friend has it on PS3 next door.

Why has Crisis Core sold well? It's not a port. It's an original game that FF fans can't buy for anything else.

[Gaming Blog][Music Blog][LastFM][Twitter]
Nov 25 2008 03:53 PM
To

Bieber SMASH

(Nov 25 2008 03:53 PM)Nikku Wrote:  Ugh, to be honest, i don't think they've understood the PSP's problems at all. Rather than converting existing brands, they need to start creating new ones for the PSP system. I'm simply not inclined to buy a PSP for LittleBigPlanet when my friend has it on PS3 next door.

Why has Crisis Core sold well? It's not a port. It's an original game that FF fans can't buy for anything else.

Other then Parappa I don't know of any game that Sony ported onto the PSP. They created new iterations of existing brands exclusively for the handheld, not simply porting over older stuff (*cough* Just like Square Enix and FFVII: Crisis Core). Which is why I hate that arguement. It wasn't true in 2005, and it isn't true in 2008. Sony never truly ported a game onto the PSP (with that sole exception noted above).

And carp, had LocoRoco, Jeanne D'arc and Patapon sold super gangbusters maybe Sony would be open to launching new franchises on the handheld.

With franchises that have been proven Sony knows they can make a return from the casual PSP owner. Where as launching a new franchise with no steady base on a handheld ripe with Piracy is just too risky.

Nov 25 2008 09:54 PM
Roan

Hope

I have to side with Nikku on this.

You're right, other than Parappa they have never directly ported an existing franchise to the system. What they have done, however, is take games designed for the console space (particularly the PS2) and dumbed them down to work on PSP's admittedly handicapped control scheme to various results. They took this approach with God of War: Chains of Olympus and it still turned out to be an amazing game, but the fact of the matter is most of these games don't turn out so well.

I think a large part of the problem lies with third party developers who do not understand the PSP as a system and make little to no effort to take advantage of its capabilities. The PSP has become a wasteland of carp licensed games and watered down versions of the current gen consoles big third party titles. (Need for Speed, Madden, Ghost Recon, etc.) The shovelware on the system really needs to stop, but I don't foresee it stopping anytime soon because if it weren't for those games there would be literally nothing coming out for the system.

Piracy is a huge issue and I think its a valid concern for developers and publishers. Who wants to invest their money in a product that they will likely make little to no profit from since the ISO will end up online? No one does and I can't blame them. I realize this isn't Sony's fault as they've taken so many measures to stop piracy on the system, but it seems like no matter what they do the hackers are always one step behind. They've gotten through nearly every barrier Sony has put up, and they even just managed to crack the PSP-3000, which Sony labeled "hacker-proof".

I think no matter how well the PSP is selling right now, its not selling because people want the games on the system, because frankly what's worth playing is a very small number of games. Piracy has become so rampant on the system that even every day people know about it and want in on it. That's a huge problem and no matter what Sony does its not going to change anytime soon because the hacking community around PSP is so ingrained with what they're doing.

Nov 25 2008 10:20 PM
To

Bieber SMASH

I will say this, the only notable PSP games are the ones that had successful control schemes. And there is a lot, contrary to public belief.

I've mentioned various times my feelings towards Piracy on the hand-held. It's foolish to think that if Piracy wasn't as rampant that the PSP would be were it is now. Sales probably would be lower, but you know developers outside of Japan and Sony's internal stuff would still be making worth while games. Sony has tried to address these hackers but its' no use. I suspect PSP V2 will be more limited in customization because of this. I suspect the only way to get firmware updates will be through WiFi or PS3 transmits. Along with adopting the PS3's "Need Newest Firmware To Get On PSN" approach.

I've said it various times. Piracy killed the greatest handheld commercially today. What we see here is its' corpse, not yet rotting but after 2009 I'm willing to bet it will be.

Nov 25 2008 11:05 PM
Roan

Hope
(This post was last modified: Nov 26 2008 12:11 AM by Roan.)
I haven't lost hope for the PSP just yet. I think with its rising popularity here and in Japan as of late developers have started to look more seriously into making games for the system, but more importantly, games that make sense on the system.

Stuff like Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Portable, which take advantage of the wireless multiplayer to great effect, have been selling like mad in Japan and I only hope that more developers start to look at making games with that "four people getting together" mentality. Its what made Pokemon and the Game Boy such a huge hit and I'm stunned its taken PSP developers this long to figure it out.

There really are only a handful or so games on the system that are really worth playing. God of War, the two GTA games, Crisis Core, Ratchet and Clank, Daxter, Lumines I&II, the Wipeout games, Syphon Filter, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Patapon, LocoRoco and... Umm... That's about all I can think of. For a system that's been out for close to three years now, that's not a very wide selection.

Greatest handheld commercially? I don't know about that (The DS' insane sales numbers month after month beg to differ), but I do know that the PSP is a quality piece of machinery with a huge problem and its sad to see that things have turned out as they have, although not altogether surprising. Nintendo has been king of the handheld market for as long as I can remember, and they aren't showing any signs of stopping, but that doesn't mean the PSP isn't successful, because it clearly is. Its just not up to Juggernaut status like the DS/DSi.

Nov 26 2008 12:07 AM
Elmo

daosyn
Antique Face

MONSTER HUNTER MONSTER HUNTER MONSTER HUNTER

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is expected to come out in the Spring (it's a revamped Freedom 2, AKA Portable 2ndG) and the English release has Wi-Fi by connecting to the PS3. It's not ideal, but it's a step in the right direction to bring more interest to the game outside of Japan. The reason why the game has been doing so well in Japan is because of the easiness of social gathering in the densely populated country.

I'd go crazy if LBP comes out, not enough people here in my town have a PS3.

balls
Nov 26 2008 05:22 AM
Roan

Hope
(This post was last modified: Nov 26 2008 05:27 AM by Roan.)
(Nov 26 2008 05:22 AM)Elmo Wrote:  not enough people here in my town have a PS3.

Oh the snarky comments I could make about this statement. lmao

Nov 26 2008 05:27 AM
Blue

Since '03
Royal FaceAntique FaceFace of WarDJ FaceBrad FaceFace of DaysFace of Days IIFace of Days IIIEterner FaceGill FaceTrypio FaceBronze FaceFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVFace of Days V

(Nov 25 2008 09:11 AM)To Wrote:  http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/11/22/h...o-blowout/

To, man theres too many great games out-right-now man, don't sweat it too much. Still from only playing Daxter, I think it be awsome to have another Jak game.

Also Patapon 2 and LocoRoco 2 are in the pipe. oh carp, i doubt I'll play it but resistance retribution is looking fine too.

(Nov 26 2008 12:07 AM)Roan Wrote:  I haven't lost hope for the PSP just yet. I think with its rising popularity here and in Japan as of late developers have started to look more seriously into making games for the system, but more importantly, games that make sense on the system.

Stuff like Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Portable, which take advantage of the wireless multiplayer to great effect, have been selling like mad in Japan and I only hope that more developers start to look at making games with that "four people getting together" mentality. Its what made Pokemon and the Game Boy such a huge hit and I'm stunned its taken PSP developers this long to figure it out.

There really are only a handful or so games on the system that are really worth playing. God of War, the two GTA games, Crisis Core, Ratchet and Clank, Daxter, Lumines I&II, the Wipeout games, Syphon Filter, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Patapon, LocoRoco and... Umm... That's about all I can think of.
This.

then to that list, its worth adding racers like Burnout ledgends, Midnight Club games, Ridge Racer, as well as both Socom games, mgs ac!d, Space Invaders(pure sweetness), the puzzler crush, echochrome. oh yeah lolol the very hard KIllzone: Liberation too
and ?Monster Hunter Smile

but guys I think that the psp library now is actually competitve with the DS (i took a quick peek at metacritic, both haveing about 120 titles with scores avg 75 and up) which these days like the wii has too much shovelware. still this is not a counter point or anything
I agree piracy is the problem, theres a serious lack of dev.mnt for the platform.
Also Sony's marketing deparment is not doing their jobe esp. compared to 360(the best (except for those weird head ones) for example the make the multiplatform titles seem exclusive) and wii commercials

at the end of the day though, I feel that I have more than enough games to play. As long as they are good idc if they are old

also fyi GBA priced dropped in canada to less than 5 dollarsSmileSmileSmile

and if you didn't already see it: new PSP ad campaign finally seem to be picking up the ball they dropped, anyone remember the cool franz ferdinand ad the had...

Signature was too large. Read the rules.
Nov 26 2008 10:50 AM