Thread Rating:
  • 47 Votes - 4.23 Average

Gaming Random Thoughts
Ga'

Pierce the heavens!
BeyRank: #188 (1,244)
Antique FaceRose Gold FaceQuetzalcoatl Face IISilver FaceAmber FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceWBBA Caesar FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA L Drago Face

(Aug 03 2012 03:54 PM)Dude Wrote:  And I was legitimately surprised to see such fluid motions from the characters Pinching_grin Guess the image-by-image graphics of the Ace Attorney series is having a bad impact on me Pinching_grin

Playing Ace Attorney is never a bad thing! I need to go back and play some more on my emulators, in fact...

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere."

-Anton Ego/Peter O'Toole (1932-2013)
Aug 05 2012 02:44 AM
Away Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Dude

Reize Maxian
BeyRank: #1,272 (1,031)
Antique FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceFace of Days IISea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceEinstein FaceWolborg FaceBrad FaceWyvern FaceSea Dragon FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceAquila FaceDark Leopard FaceDark Leopard FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II Face

Oh, by no means did I not enjoy those games, I actually love the hell out of 'em Pinching_grin

[Image: dudehailsignature.jpg]
Aug 05 2012 05:11 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Dude

Reize Maxian
BeyRank: #1,272 (1,031)
Antique FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceFace of Days IISea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceEinstein FaceWolborg FaceBrad FaceWyvern FaceSea Dragon FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceAquila FaceDark Leopard FaceDark Leopard FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II Face
(This post was last modified: Aug 05 2012 08:52 PM by Dude.)
The next BlazBlue was recently announced, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma!

As always, this looks awesome!! Noel now dresses like she's honestly attempting to sell her body, but that's just Japanese design for ya. Hazama's the one talking through most of the trailer and he sounds just as crazy as usual. We also get three new characters, Aname, Bullet and Azrael. The lastly mentionned, Azrael, is probably a villain if only because his name sounds cooler than the rest Pinching_grin

Can't wait to play this, even if it'll probably come to America in like late 2013... But still! *_*

[Image: dudehailsignature.jpg]
Aug 05 2012 08:51 PM
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
BeyRank: #1,042 (1,048)
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

It's been a while since I've played an MMO and RAGED in it. I can feel my white hairs shooting out.

Just recently, I started playing SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online (SDGO for short). It's surprisingly fun, but I find that these types of games bring out the gamer rage in me. It's pretty bad. One of the reasons why I don't like MMOs is the grinding factor. If grinding becomes a problem, I'm not really much of a gamer, right? I was never like that before, hah.

But this game gives me a goal: to create and play with the Sazabi, Char's Mobile Suit from the movie "Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack". I really love the Sazabi, and I really wanted to work for something I like. So I thought, why the hell not. You can only get the Sazabi by building it, and two of its suits are build-only. It's not bad, but y'know...it's kinda tedious. The grinding part.

[Image: toyroomsossmackjeevesba.png]
DeviantArt | YouTube
(ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻ (°ω°) - Please gobble me kindly.
Quote of the moment:
"You were once an enemy to these men. You were ruthless. You were a survivor."
"I was a different person."
"No...you were a soldier."
"You say that like they're two different things."
"When a TRUE soldier's told to kill, he kills. He does not question why. He does not mourn the fallen. He fulfills his role and moves on to the next."
"Is that what you want to be? A TRUE soldier?"
"No. That is what I am!"

-It's a battle of wits and of the mind in the showdown of Agent Washington and Locus. Red vs Blue: Season 12, Episode 18-
Aug 06 2012 05:46 AM
Wizard

ばかカバ
Antique Face

I must be smarter than I thought. My Nintendo 64 controller wasn't working, so I took the bad boy apart hoping to find out what the problem was. After a little bit of tinkering around, I managed to fix it using parts from an old Gamecube controller that had a shortage in the wires. I threw that thing out a long while back, but I was smart enough to save the parts. Finally, I can play some Goldeneye! Wink

Perhaps I might do some tinkering around with some other electronics sometime, if I learn more about them first. I've been wanting to make a Gamcube lunch box, but I don't have $30 to spare to buy a new Gamecube from Gamestop. Perhaps in the future. And I've always wanted a Nintoaster!
Aug 08 2012 12:55 AM
To

Bieber SMASH
BeyRank: #499 (1,124)
Antique FaceDJ FaceFace of DaysSagittario FaceDragoon FaceEmerald FaceEscolpio FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days IIBull FaceWolf Face

Pft, if you're not playing Golden Eye with dual analog you might as well not play at all.

Aug 08 2012 01:11 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face

What the? AWESOME Grin

Anyway, I have pre-ordered a few games recently:

Halo 4
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (Damn you Nuketown eyecandy...)
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2
Transformers Fall of Cybertron
BioShock 2

Should I add Gears of War Judgement to that all expensive list? Or should I expect it to be a bad spin off?

I am mostly gonna be in the Off Topic Forums now. Always looking to have constructive conversations about anime, manga, cartoons, and games. Grin
Aug 08 2012 01:35 AM
Wizard

ばかカバ
Antique Face

Oh my what?! You can actually stick you're right hand on the control stick, and use the D-Pad to look around, kind of like the opposite of what you use on Halo. It feels a bit odd, so I don't do that though.
Aug 08 2012 01:53 AM
Anchor

Based Cereal
Rose Gold Face

Have you guys heard about the new collections the PS3 is getting? God Of War Saga Collection, Infamous Collection, and Ratchet And Clank Collection. More info here; http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/0...llections/

[Image: jTdFIBh.jpg]
Aug 08 2012 07:32 AM
blitzydaunicorn

Call me blitzy
BeyRank: #202 (1,236)
Gold FaceDJ FaceEmerald FaceSapphire Face

Hehe Looking at the first few pages of this thread is fun. Back when the PSP was being released.

The new Transformers: Fall of Cybertron looks promising. The first one wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

1st in Super Beybattle: Holiday Bash!
So i hierd yu liek mudkipz?
Aug 08 2012 07:33 AM
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face

I played the demo for Fall of Cybertron just the other day, and so far, so good. There are a few glitches though, class unbalancing, and the demo is more like a beta, but the problems are being worked out progressively. As of right now, I would say only 2 of the 4 classes of characters are useful, with top tier belonging to the Infiltrator class. (Bumblebee, for example)

I am mostly gonna be in the Off Topic Forums now. Always looking to have constructive conversations about anime, manga, cartoons, and games. Grin
Aug 09 2012 12:03 AM
blitzydaunicorn

Call me blitzy
BeyRank: #202 (1,236)
Gold FaceDJ FaceEmerald FaceSapphire Face

I completely agree. In most cases, I prefer the character who's the fastest cause fast-paced fighting is just how I play. Jets would be my second option. I could spend a whole game flying around getting kills.

1st in Super Beybattle: Holiday Bash!
So i hierd yu liek mudkipz?
Aug 09 2012 03:10 AM
sarabscientist

noodle enthusiast
BeyRank: #765 (1,078)
Rose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIAntique FaceJiraiya FaceAnniversary Face 2012Amber FaceAnniversary Face 2013Dragonis Face

Yes! I just finished all six ending of my favorite game; 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors. The worst ending though, was definitely the knife ending, haha. You can see, at the top all six boxes are complete (in case anyone doubted my addiction to this game Pinching_grin (Click to View)

[Image: eeqdQ.png]
|| MyBB Code Guide || User CP Guide ||
Wake up, I know you can hear me.
Aug 09 2012 03:29 AM
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
BeyRank: #1,042 (1,048)
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

I can't seem to get into the mood of playing my new Kingdom Hearts 3D or my older Kingdom Hearts: BbS. Especially with the work I have to put into BBS, such as getting all the commands for Ventus (I didn't completely finish it) and working on Aqua, who is pretty much my weakest character due to me being more aggressive like Terra.

[Image: toyroomsossmackjeevesba.png]
DeviantArt | YouTube
(ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻ (°ω°) - Please gobble me kindly.
Quote of the moment:
"You were once an enemy to these men. You were ruthless. You were a survivor."
"I was a different person."
"No...you were a soldier."
"You say that like they're two different things."
"When a TRUE soldier's told to kill, he kills. He does not question why. He does not mourn the fallen. He fulfills his role and moves on to the next."
"Is that what you want to be? A TRUE soldier?"
"No. That is what I am!"

-It's a battle of wits and of the mind in the showdown of Agent Washington and Locus. Red vs Blue: Season 12, Episode 18-
Aug 09 2012 03:31 AM
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face

(Aug 09 2012 03:10 AM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote:  I completely agree. In most cases, I prefer the character who's the fastest cause fast-paced fighting is just how I play. Jets would be my second option. I could spend a whole game flying around getting kills.

Fast-paced action is the future of all multiplier shooters. While it is a good idea in concept, having an entire class be nothing but heavy weight, power, and no speed makes you into a sitting duck, and it seems as if 2 of this games classes are like that. Having something like a power weapon isn't a bad thing, but in multiplayer shooters, it is much better to be well rounded then to have a weakness to exploit, because then you can adapt, make choices for your playing style (if that happens to be heavy weapons) and customize and harness your techniques. Using Halo as an example, all players are essentially equal; they start out with the same equipment and stats, but throughout the game one will find weapons, some of which are power weapons like the Spartan Laser. But the ability to use these weapons is limited for the benefit of both the enemy and yourself.

Now, transformers is a different game, with a different play style. With that said, there needs to be some serious revamping before I ever play as a Titan class again, because as it stand right now, the class is useless against the faster-paced classes like Scientist and Infiltrator.

A few things I dont like about fall of cybertron overall is the melee attack for most characters. It is very inaccurate and hard to use, and it was a problem with the last game too. (especially for Infiltrator). Also, the graphics did not receive a significant upgrade from last time. While I was not expecting much, the game still looks beautiful in one area and not so much in the next, just like War for Cybertron. Finally, and this last one is probably just me, I am not so good with the Scientist class. The flying feels uncontrolled and it is hard to use your weapon in that mode. But again, that may be just me and I may not be good with that style.

What I do like are the new customization options. very significant improvement, although I do wish the armor choices actually did something, but i can't be annoyed by that as that would be asking a bit much.

Aug 09 2012 05:37 AM
To

Bieber SMASH
BeyRank: #499 (1,124)
Antique FaceDJ FaceFace of DaysSagittario FaceDragoon FaceEmerald FaceEscolpio FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days IIBull FaceWolf Face

Sound Shapes

ssoooooogoood.gif

Aug 09 2012 06:04 AM
sarabscientist

noodle enthusiast
Rose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIAntique FaceJiraiya FaceAnniversary Face 2012Amber FaceAnniversary Face 2013Dragonis Face
(This post was last modified: Aug 14 2012 09:44 PM by sarabscientist.)
Hm, it just occurred to me how complicated the game 999 actually is. Everything ties into the base (the number 9). Hence the name, the nonary games. Nona being nine. But to my point, even the simple statement "I am Zero" can be tied back to nine. "I" is the ninth letter in the alphabet.

Uh, anyone else played the game yet?

Snake is so class:

Aug 14 2012 10:35 AM
Beychamp76

BeyRank: #1,147 (1,040)

999 is hard
My cousin owns it

[Image: hphotos-ak...3345_n.jpg]
Aug 18 2012 11:52 AM
sarabscientist

noodle enthusiast

(Aug 18 2012 11:52 AM)Beychamp76 Wrote:  999 is hard
My cousin owns it

Its not really hard for me, except for the head puzzle in the torture room. If you listen to all the hints from your companions in the room, it is fairly easy. And you have to pay attention when people are explaining things too. Scanning the room thoroughly also helps. I've beaten it all six times.

Aug 19 2012 08:37 AM
Houka Inumuta

竜皇の血
BeyRank: #2,917 (948)
Rose Gold Face

I still can't beat Doom's Bride in Catherine. She climbs towers on a much faster rate than the earlier bosses. I ain't scared (she's just like the Corpse Bride) but the thing is, the difficulty of the stage sends me chills. Literally.

[Image: NNWI.jpg]
Flammis Acribus Addictis | Mors Stupebit | Iuste Iudex Ultionis | Nil Inultum Remanebit | Liber Scriptus Proferetur
Justice without Power is Useless, Power without Justice is Tyranny.
Aug 19 2012 08:41 AM