GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship 2014!!!

(Mar. 02, 2014  12:35 PM)Eco Wrote: It says all tournaments will be held in Limited Format, is it referring to all the qualifier tournaments? or the championship as well?
Also, are the qualifier tournaments going to use Plastics, HMS, and MFB? or just MFB?

There are links in the OP to explanations of what Limited Format is:

Kei Wrote:All tournaments will be played in the new Limited Format.

If you are not familiar with Limited Format, please take the time to read through this thread:
MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

And for the up to date ban list for Limited Format, please check this thread:
Limited Ban List Discussion

In addition to the announcement, the official threads for each tournament also state which format they will be played in.
(Mar. 01, 2014  8:15 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2014  6:34 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Personally I think Libra is going to become more prevalent in the coming weeks in the limited format. The issue of how limited it was I think is why it hasn't been used very much.

Libra isn't particularly rare considering how easily obtainable the Super Deck Set is, though. And it had a decent showing at the Limited Format tournament in Toronto back in December.

I'll tell y'all why...

Everyone's got a Libra from the Deck Set. None of them (including yours truly) wanna chip that pretty green paint off! That's what's really keeping the thing at bay (like, in all seriousness; that's probably the #1 reason).

I may just have to say goodbye to that wonderful paint job come March 29th, though...
How about the finals? How will those be conducted?
(Mar. 02, 2014  1:16 PM)|Midnight| Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2014  12:35 PM)Eco Wrote: It says all tournaments will be held in Limited Format, is it referring to all the qualifier tournaments? or the championship as well?
Also, are the qualifier tournaments going to use Plastics, HMS, and MFB? or just MFB?
It gives lots of information on your questions in the first post.

Both GBT2 and all of the Qualifier events will be held in Limited Format.

Also, you can only use MFB parts. For example, one were to use a MFB top, and another would use a Plastic. The Plastic top owner would get an unfair disadvantage. If you were to attend Grand Battle Prelude, and Grand Battle Encore, that would be a tottaly different story, haha.

Oh well I realize that the MFB blades and the Plastics aren't going to be in the same battle, I simply meant if the qualifiers were going to have matches done with MFB, and matches done with Plastics, or HMS.
(Mar. 02, 2014  10:22 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: How about the finals? How will those be conducted?

For the qualifiers? Same as last year: three full BeyBattles (best 3/5, all three to be played regardless of whether or not one player wins the first two), winner with the most round wins at the end wins. If there is a tie at the end of all three BeyBattles, one final BeyBattle is played to determine the winner.
(Mar. 02, 2014  10:45 PM)Eco Wrote: Oh well I realize that the MFB blades and the Plastics aren't going to be in the same battle, I simply meant if the qualifiers were going to have matches done with MFB, and matches done with Plastics, or HMS.

In a tournament, all matches involve the same kind of Beyblades. You would need a different tournament to use a different type of Beyblade.
OK, say a guy needs to renew his passport. If he does so at a qualifier, would he have to pay the $5 entry fee on top of that?

I actually bought mine at the NC BR qualifier last year, and didn't pay extra, but I wanna make sure.
(Mar. 03, 2014  1:23 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: OK, say a guy needs to renew his passport. If he does so at a qualifier, would he have to pay the $5 entry fee on top of that?

I actually bought mine at the NC BR qualifier last year, and didn't pay extra, but I wanna make sure.

From the OP:
(Feb. 25, 2014  8:16 AM)Kei Wrote: Mandatory $5 Entry Fee = More Qualifiers + Extra Credits + Free Face Booster!
To help subsidize the high cost of flying/busing the qualifiers to Toronto, a mandatory $5 entry fee will be imposed on all Qualifier Series tournaments, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport (if you wish to purchase a Blader Passport, the total cost would be $15 at a Qualifier Series tournament) ...
well. I'm not ready for something like this. probably won't be for awhile. I've just started buying after ten years of not buying any beys, I had 3 plastic beys but now down to 1 because the other 2 broke in battles. as for metal beys I have 4, one in need of repairs nothing major just needs a peformance tip. another is missing can't find it. so that makes three beys total that can work. but are different types. 2 metals and one plastic. so I'll just cheer for you. good luck everyone.
(Mar. 03, 2014  1:50 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2014  1:23 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: OK, say a guy needs to renew his passport. If he does so at a qualifier, would he have to pay the $5 entry fee on top of that?

From the OP:
(Feb. 25, 2014  8:16 AM)Kei Wrote: Mandatory $5 Entry Fee = More Qualifiers + Extra Credits + Free Face Booster!
To help subsidize the high cost of flying/busing the qualifiers to Toronto, a mandatory $5 entry fee will be imposed on all Qualifier Series tournaments, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport (if you wish to purchase a Blader Passport, the total cost would be $15 at a Qualifier Series tournament) ...

Oh darn, I'm so sorry I missed that. XD

Was that the case last year?
(Mar. 03, 2014  1:50 PM)th!nk Wrote: From the OP:

It's also important to note:

Kei Wrote:New Passport Holders will earn +2 Extra Credits, rather than +1, 2 Face Boosters from the list above, rather than just 1, and they will be entered into an exclusive Passport Holder Only BeyLotto!:

This includes renewing your Passport.
Any chance we can get the MD qualifier thread posted soon?
I'm one of the biggest beyblade fan and i will be the only one not going to that !!!! Everybody will be here but not me Crying Crying
Even one of the dude from BeybladeGeeks will be here ! Crying
Even Kai-V ! Living far than me is going to that even !!!
Crying
(Mar. 09, 2014  5:18 PM)AcidXblader Wrote: I'm one of the biggest beyblade fan and i will be the only one not going to that !!!! Everybody will be here but not me Crying Crying
Crying
You could always save up for next year ;-;
Yo, not everybody is going. Heck, even of I win a qualifier, my chances of going are 1/100000000000000000.
Details for the Maryland Qualifier have been confirmed! Check out the official thread and post if you think you can make it!:

(Mar. 09, 2014  6:52 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote: Yo, not everybody is going. Heck, even of I win a qualifier, my chances of going are 1/100000000000000000.

Yes, but take a part of a tournament is my biggest dream Crying
You should try organizing one then.

If you want something done, sometimes you just have to do it yourself. If you can get some kids together in Québec, you guys could have your own tournament.
Can I enter into the north america championship whitout winning a qualifier
@MiddayLWBO: Yes, absolutely. The qualifiers are basically just an opportunity to win travel/accommodation expenses - perhaps another name might make that clearer, but the Championship is open to everyone who can get there.

(Mar. 09, 2014  5:18 PM)AcidXblader Wrote: I'm one of the biggest beyblade fan and i will be the only one not going to that !!!! Everybody will be here but not me Crying Crying
Crying

Yo, these complaints sound pretty pathetic to someone who would need at least $2000 to attend and has what, the third highest postcount on this site, and is one of the more active people within the Limited Format subforum (and a big proponent of the format actually becoming a thing in the first place). You live in the same country, the obstacles preventing you getting there are much, much smaller than those of a whole lot of people who have shown much greater dedication to the game and community.
Just saying, you know, within context you've hardly any right to be complaining.
(Mar. 10, 2014  4:25 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: You should try organizing one then.

If you want something done, sometimes you just have to do it yourself. If you can get some kids together in Québec, you guys could have your own tournament.

I can't organize one, it need at least 8 person and in my stupid country there's nobody playing beyblade, except Kai-V. Everybody in Québec is too lazy or stupid to play beyblade seriously, only the little childs plays, and the even launch beys on floor. They don't know what is really beyblade, they buy beys only for aesthetic reason. The age ranking of bladers in Québec is around 7 - 10 years. Teens plays only sports or videogames here, they are too lazy and stupid too learn what is really beyblade and they everytime judge people playing it. It's like that in Québec.
You should get them to sign up or see if they can't learn. With Kai-V and a couple of other experienced people in Quebec you might be able to get something together. I know Quebec is not a small place but if you can get people to sign up you might well be able to get something together over there at some point.
(Mar. 10, 2014  12:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: You should get them to sign up or see if they can't learn. With Kai-V and a couple of other experienced people in Quebec you might be able to get something together. I know Quebec is not a small place but if you can get people to sign up you might well be able to get something together over there at some point.

In my region, beyblade is near of 0%. I said near because i'm living there. Here, beyblade is for little childs. Since i've start playing beyblade, i've never anywhere see someone in my country talking about beyblade, except my cousin. (He stopped playing last year)
We have had very young competitors in tournaments before, they may well be willing to learn. You could also see if your cousin isn't interested in getting back into it - Limited format tends to be a powerful tool in that sort of situation!
(Mar. 10, 2014  12:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: We have had very young competitors in tournaments before, they may well be willing to learn. You could also see if your cousin isn't interested in getting back into it - Limited format tends to be a powerful tool in that sort of situation!

My cousin's passion is not playing beyblade. He start playing because i was playing it. Like all teens here he like videogaming, sports and nothing other. I like videogames sure, but i don't make all time just that. I'm passionnate by beyblade.