GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship 2014!!!

Seems legit. Hope my parents let me go. Most likely they will. For now let's not say anything.
(Feb. 27, 2014  1:44 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote: No, Kei, I was saying that I don't have enough money to pay for the qualifier's travels.

Oh no, we are the non-profit organisation that has accumulated money from entry fees and donations over the year. The responsibility of paying for the winner's travel expenses does not fall at all on the host of the qualifier.
(Feb. 27, 2014  4:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2014  1:44 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote: No, Kei, I was saying that I don't have enough money to pay for the qualifier's travels.

Oh no, we are the non-profit organisation that has accumulated money from entry fees and donations over the year. The responsibility of paying for the winner's travel expenses does not fall at all on the host of the qualifier.

Thank you! But how can I set up a qualifier and tell the Staff of WBO the winner/winners? Can I make a post asking for all members that will not get deleted?
(Feb. 27, 2014  7:17 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2014  4:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Thank you! But how can I set up a qualifier and tell the Staff of WBO the winner/winners? Can I make a post asking for all members that will not get deleted?
go to the Atlanta thread and post about getting participants.
(Feb. 27, 2014  6:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2014  4:52 AM)Kei Wrote: Hahaha, sorry! We kind of copied that part from last year and thought it wouldn't be a problem anyways, especially when you confirmed that you'd be coming.

I'm going to sign everything as BLADER KENNY.

Instead of drawing a Beyblade beside your signature will you draw a crude picture of Ryuga instead?
(Feb. 27, 2014  8:59 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2014  6:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2014  4:52 AM)Kei Wrote: Hahaha, sorry! We kind of copied that part from last year and thought it wouldn't be a problem anyways, especially when you confirmed that you'd be coming.

I'm going to sign everything as BLADER KENNY.

Instead of drawing a Beyblade beside your signature will you draw a crude picture of Ryuga instead?

or Ginga. Why BLADER KENNY when you can call yourself TAMER BRAD?
(Feb. 27, 2014  9:14 PM)Aquamarine Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2014  8:59 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2014  6:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm going to sign everything as BLADER KENNY.

or Ginga. Why BLADER KENNY when you can call yourself TAMER BRAD?

It was a joke about an old user here...
Ryuuga is also associated to Blader: Kenny ...
My son can't wait to go to the Maryland tournament. Is there anything special he needs for the tournament?
(Feb. 28, 2014  1:27 AM)NineTails Wrote: My son can't wait to go to the Maryland tournament. Is there anything special he needs for the tournament?
That's great! Do you plan on possibly making it to Toronto's main event?

If you have any further questions that you'd like to be answered, this is probably the page you're looking for.

This might also be the thread your looking for as well.

Hope this helped! Smile
(Feb. 28, 2014  1:27 AM)NineTails Wrote: My son can't wait to go to the Maryland tournament. Is there anything special he needs for the tournament?

You'll want to monitor this thread as well: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Current-...ent-Thread
The details for the North Carolina Qualifier have been finalized!:

[Image: us.png] Raleigh, North Carolina Qualifier
Saturday, March 29th

He might also want to familiarize himself with Limited Format:

Kei Wrote:All tournaments will be played in the new Limited Format.

If you are not familiar with Limited Format, please take the time to read through this thread:
MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

And for the up to date ban list for Limited Format, please check this thread:
Limited Ban List Discussion
Wow, really cool to see Limited being embraced as the primary format.
I'm stoked cause to see a format not as big as standard or like zero g is awesome. I really appreciate the choice for the main event persay.
Just a thought, but will the ban list for Limited be locked during the Qualifiers and until after the Championship?

I'm sure people would complain if it changed drastically between Qualifiers.
(Mar. 01, 2014  1:06 AM)Naijalak Wrote: Just a thought, but will the ban list for Limited be locked during the Qualifiers and until after the Championship?

I'm sure people would complain if it changed drastically between Qualifiers.

You have a good point. We'll probably post one final update tomorrow unbanning Jade and then we'll leave it until at least a few weeks before the championship (if there is anything we discover needs to be changed by then).
Hooray! Hyper-aggressive, super high recoil Jade customs!

This'll be fun, I can tell...

I do hope that nobody with an AA2 Scythe causes any problems, though. 'Twould be a bit of a drag if something like that happened during such an important tournament season. I'm interested to see if Meteo B : D or Libra make much of an appearance (haven't seen nearly as much of them yet as I expected to; don't know if it's ownership problems or what).
Personally I think Libra is going to become more prevalent in the coming weeks in the limited format. The issue of how limited it was I think is why it hasn't been used very much.
Maybe it would be dominant but it could be countered I guess, I have a secret weapon ;3
(Mar. 01, 2014  6:34 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Personally I think Libra is going to become more prevalent in the coming weeks in the limited format. The issue of how limited it was I think is why it hasn't been used very much.

Libra isn't particularly rare considering how easily obtainable the Super Deck Set is, though. And it had a decent showing at the Limited Format tournament in Toronto back in December.
Libra is pretty simple to counter - there'll be a shock when more people realise MF-H Libra CH120RF isn't particularly fussed by Bakushin LTDC, but good Earth setups still destroy it (MF-H Earth SagittarioII 85RB / R145RSF/RB - just make sure you choose a good CW on the LTDC), and it's also one of the things that falls prey to MF-H Flame ____ 230RB due to its minimal upward aggression. I suspect the first two molds will struggle more with bakushin because the underside contact point change is what lets Libra chip away at its stamina, from what I can tell/have seen Libra do in other setups, but with how fragile they are supposed to be I think you'd have to be very brave to take the risk of using them anyway.

Hype from its reputation might cause it to dominate a few more tournaments than it should, but given time people will start using the things that counter it. In the end it still has to KO a lot of balancey stuff which, as a combo without amazing contact points, isn't that fun.

I was actually working on a blogpost with the intention of pre-empting inevitable discussion about it (which I figured would happen whenever someone saw it do what I mentioned and panicked before they had tried a full range of customs against it, based of the recent "tornado stallers r broke" discussion) before I saw this - it's mostly done and I'll post it in the coming days, but tl;dr Libra isn't a problem - its offensive ability is perhaps a bit stronger than I would like but it's still not handling a lot of defense customs.

Plus, the damage caused by removing it (or maybe trying to buff defense with RS/RDF) would hurt the format a lot more than its presence, especially once people adapt to what it can/can't do.

That said if you're worried about Libra, I hate to tell you this but Scythe is basically that but with much better stamina (the best in the format, in fact) and attack (Libra's force smash on TH170CS makes it better on that setup, though) so from my perspective any talk of doing something about Libra while Scythe still roams looks pretty silly anyway. I already posted my recommendation re: Scythe and Qualifiers in the advanced forum thread, though.

I think what Dark was getting at was the fact that people didn't have Libra then, but they'll definitely start appearing now, which I also think will be the case, FWIW. I was keen on seeing how NC's LTD tournament went today as I'd pointed out that most of their popular combos are handled by MF-H Libra CH120RF, and I think a few of them have that now, but last I heard the event happening was looking a bit dicey anyway.
I have a question. If I were to go to 2 different qualifiers in 2 different places, would I have to pay the Mandatory fee each time or just once? I wouldn't mind paying it twice, but just asking y'know. Smile
(Mar. 02, 2014  12:46 AM)LMAO Wrote: I have a question. If I were to go to 2 different qualifiers in 2 different places, would I have to pay the Mandatory fee each time or just once? I wouldn't mind paying it twice, but just asking y'know. Smile

Definitely twice.
It says all tournaments will be held in Limited Format, is it referring to all the qualifier tournaments? or the championship as well?
Also, are the qualifier tournaments going to use Plastics, HMS, and MFB? or just MFB?
(Mar. 02, 2014  12:35 PM)Eco Wrote: It says all tournaments will be held in Limited Format, is it referring to all the qualifier tournaments? or the championship as well?
Also, are the qualifier tournaments going to use Plastics, HMS, and MFB? or just MFB?
It gives lots of information on your questions in the first post.

Both GBT2 and all of the Qualifier events will be held in Limited Format.

Also, you can only use MFB parts. For example, one were to use a MFB top, and another would use a Plastic. The Plastic top owner would get an unfair disadvantage. If you were to attend Grand Battle Prelude, and Grand Battle Encore, that would be a tottaly different story, haha.