Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem seems pretty cool. I'm playing 6. (The one with Roy).
Great opening post there, lol. Actually kind of ashamed we didn't have an FE thread before this. Easily my favorite game franchise of all time.

6 is a fantastic game. I recently started emulating it on my phone. Its great to finally have methods of playing games I never could as a child.

Fire Emblem 7 (prequel to 6 and the first game released in the US) is such a great game. I have finished it twice, only recently having finished it the 2nd time after years of not touching it. I haven't finished 8 yet (that's next).

Path of Radiance (Gamecube) is by far my favorite game from the franchise. If you own a Gamecube or Wii, track that game down. Visually stunning (for its time) and has a compelling cast of characters. The sequel, Radiant Dawn, isn't as good, but is still enjoyable.

If you own a 3DS, Awakening is a great game with some new features that accommodate newer fans. It is not even close to my favorite, but it is the one I have logged the most hours into.

Don't get Shadow Dragon unless you are really curious about Marth's story. The game simply isn't good.
I want to play this game series badly, but I'm not sure which to start with. I do like Awakening though, would that be a good start?
I'll track down Ike's shizzle.
I have a Famicom; so HERES TO FC FIRE EMBLEM RIGHT

RIGHT.

No, I own 7 on GBA, and Wii U.
And I'm hesitant toward Awakening. It seems way too easy.

(Mar. 25, 2015  11:17 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I want to play this game series badly, but I'm not sure which to start with. I do like Awakening though, would that be a good start?

From what I heard; considering it was going to be the last one until it sold above many expectations.

But you better turn on Perma-Death (;
Yeah I bought Awakening yesterday. I'm currently on Chapter 4. Sadly I get bored playing this game, it has minimal intensity for me. I hope that's just for now.
(Mar. 28, 2015  5:34 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Yeah I bought Awakening yesterday. I'm currently on Chapter 4. Sadly I get bored playing this game, it has minimal intensity for me. I hope that's just for now.

I heard it gets harder later on, as it usually is with all FE games.
Permadeath, on right?
(Mar. 29, 2015  4:52 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2015  5:34 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Yeah I bought Awakening yesterday. I'm currently on Chapter 4. Sadly I get bored playing this game, it has minimal intensity for me. I hope that's just for now.

Permadeath, on right?

It doesn't get harder, it just becomes longer for me. Perma death isn't on for me, why the hell am I going to turn on something that will ruin me somewhere in the game on my first play through? And there's no bonus stuff whatsoever, so I see no benefit other than a fast dying intensity.
(Mar. 29, 2015  6:36 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote:

Permadeath, on right?

It doesn't get harder, it just becomes longer for me. Perma death isn't on for me, why the hell am I going to turn on something that will ruin me somewhere in the game on my first play through? And there's no bonus stuff whatsoever, so I see no benefit other than a fast dying intensity.

You are playing on Casual mode?

Awakening is the first (and so far ONLY game) in the series to give you a choice between casual (units come back after death) and classic (if a unit dies, its gone forever). A lot of the older fans (like myself) love Fire Emblem because of Perma-death.

If you find Awakening kind of a snooze-fest, try upping the difficulty to Hard and play on Classic. The game on Normal/Easy is laughably IMO; the enemy AI is kinda dumb lower levels and and your units become over-level pretty easy. The whole reason you want to turn on perma-death is to increase the challenge. If you get annoyed that a character dies, you can do what 90% of people do anyway when we lose someone; restart the chapter, or just accept your loss like a badboy and avenge him/her.

Hard mode and up also have enemies with better stats and some unique abilities. Its really all about the challenge.

3 years in, Awakening is STILL considered by many to be one of the best games for the 3DS. But strategy games aren't for everyone.
I love strategy games, but I don't want to go very far into this. I basically bought this game because I main Lucina and female Robin in Smash 4 and I wanted to play their native game.
Edit: Added information.

Permadeath, on right?

Perma death is the whole backbone of fire emblem ...
(Apr. 02, 2015  5:08 AM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2015  4:52 AM)Neo Wrote: I heard it gets harder later on, as it usually is with all FE games.
Permadeath, on right?

Perma death is the whole backbone of fire emblem ...

And platforms are the backbone of Super Mario Bros. I get it, perma-death is the primal focus of Fire Emblem. But I'm 100% new to the franchise, so maybe on my next playthrough I'll go perma death. Maybe.
Well let's put it this way, it just makes you feel like your characters are worth something.
(Apr. 03, 2015  7:21 AM)Neo Wrote: Well let's put it this way, it just makes you feel like your characters are worth something.

I already feel that way. But I understand what you all have been telling me.
Ayy Chapter 12 is a nuisance for me, it always ends up with my avatar character or Chrom getting killed. How do I even get past it? I could do it just fine but its what I said above that's ruining me. (Im talking about Awakening)
Edit #1: Yeah calm down, I accidentally double posted.
Edit #2: Passed it, after 9 attempts.
Probably use another unit to take care of the threat.
Wow, the Summer Scramble DLC has major fanservice. Ha, i'd get it. Seems dank.
Anyways, that feeling when your best character gets Arcfired hard, leaving your worst character for last. You beat 3 enemies, one remains. You have 2 HP, the enemy has 1 HP. The enemy cheap-shots you, dead. Then you slam dunk your 3DS onto a bed. Feels.
The scramble packs are really only for your entertainment. If you are looking for the best DLC, I recommend the following

-"The Golden Pack" is great...but dont abuse it during your main campaign. It makes the game too easy. Lots of free EXP and gold. I recommend using them once you beat the game in order to reclass grind to train for the harder DLC maps

"Lost Bloodlines Pack" LB 2 gets you the Dread Scroll so that a male unit can promote to Dread Fighters. They are pretty cool units, but have useless skills. Good stats and versatility though. 3 gets you the Paragon skill, which will double the amount of EXP a unit will receive that has it. TBH receiving this scroll isn't very efficient but it is still nice to have. LB 1 is useless, but it is better to buy the pack then to buy just 2 and 3 alone for the same price.

"Smash Brethren" - SB 2 gets you the option to promote female units into Brides. Completely opposite of the Dread Fighter, the Bride has horrible stats, but has some interesting skills to play with. SB 3 gets you the Ion's Shield Skill, which will negate a flying unit's weakness to bows and wind magic, aka, fantastic skill. SB 1 is useless.

"Rogues & Redeemers 3" The R&R packs are challenging enough, but the only one with a good reward is the 3rd. The "Limit Breaker" skill allows any unit equipped to exceed their stat caps by 10 points on EACH stat, meaning your stats increase is a multiple of 10. This skill is required to play the hardest DLC map, Apotheosis.

"Future Past Pack" - Extended Campaign (Its amazing).

-"Apotheosis" is the final pack. The only reward is Katarina from the original Fire Emblem games (You will never use her). But this ONLY for the challenge. It is the hardest imaginable mode ever created in FE. You WILL need Limit Breaker for this or you will not survive.
I'm not really into the game, I'd like to try the scramble packs. And yes, I know what's in the summer scramble pack, I'd like to try one of them. I have yet to find them as downloadable DLC at the moment...
You cant find them? Go to the Outrealm gate if you wish to purchase DLC.

It definitely sounds like you don't like this game, why are you even playing it, let alone spend money on it for carp fanservice DLC?
(Apr. 23, 2015  5:08 PM)LeonTempest Wrote: You cant find them? Go to the Outrealm gate if you wish to purchase DLC.

It definitely sounds like you don't like this game, why are you even playing it, let alone spend money on it for carp fanservice DLC?

Things have changed severely, i got 3 DLCs. The thing i didn't like before was that my units weapons kept breaking so i got discouraged. Then i decided to do Paralogues and made everyone better, so now i legit like this game. Damn it, the fanservice DLC is good, i have yet to play it. I got the Summer, Marth, and Roy DLC maps just so you know. I took a break because i was close to slam dunking my 3DS, along with life difficulties such as the at the time incoming tests and family problems, and one chapter takes about 30 minutes, and my family is beyond problematic for even 15 minutes rest. Currently on Chapter 16.
And I was hoping someone would necro, but i'll do it. Anyways I passed Awakening. Very good final level, along with the final boss! It was great to see my super OP Lucina ruin it! Currently doing the excess paralogues, and building up to S rank with everyone.
Whoopsie, sorry for the necro buuuuut-

Just got FE:A a while ago and I'd say that there are thousands of waifus to choose from like omfg it was pretty great. MU wrecks everything now, even himself... Davey, his name, has Lethality, Lifetaker, Ignis, Aegis, and Veteran skills currently equipped and has the bunny waifu and chillin' (Panne, Yarne and Morgan).

Made a terrible mistake of not using Lissa and Maribelle. So many nights of using up my Vulenaries/Elixirs/Concoctions. Kinda unhappy with the way I didn't use Olivia when I could have the heartthrob child. qnq
I LOVE FIRE EMBLEM!!! I just wish the amiibo weren't exclusive to eBay Pinching_eyes_2
Amiibos need to die already, but there is a thread for that subject...

the only thing fire emblem I've played was melee,brawl, and U. Seriously, roy knows how to bring in justice!