FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade!

I would think a regular track would work perfectly fine!
I think my track has a sort of gimmick I think o.o
I'm working on a gimmick track and wheel. ^^ I'm just having trouble trying to use the wheel with my idea since it is sorta complicated hope i finish in time. Pinching_eyes_2
(Mar. 27, 2009  7:10 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: if they have, i doubt they want to share them haha

Doesn't make much difference, already made my post so not much can be done.

(Mar. 27, 2009  9:54 PM)Dranzer Wrote: I'm working on a gimmick track and wheel. ^^ I'm just having trouble trying to use the wheel with my idea since it is sorta complicated hope i finish in time. Pinching_eyes_2

Time be ticking!
Hey guy I'm back from my hiatus and I also have a question o.o
Is it all entries must be submitted before April 1st OR is it before April 1st ends?
(Mar. 29, 2009  4:05 AM)TehAlex Wrote: Hey guy I'm back from my hiatus and I also have a question o.o
Is it all entries must be submitted before April 1st OR is it before April 1st ends?

Before April 1. I'll clarify that in the OP shortly.
Ok thanks I'll be sure to psot mine up tomorrow or Monday P:
This is a great idea. I think I'll give it a try! Grin
The end is near! I can't wait to see who's gonna win!Eee
I realy want to enter this but can't because I don't have a bloody scanner at home! Crying

I do have an idea, so i'll describe it insted.
Face: A Panda much like the logo of the company 'enjoi'
Wheel: Two paw shaped points, striking head on for smash attack.
Track: R100
Bottom: RF

I'm bummed I can't properly enter :\
But anyway...
Take a photo of it.
You gonna explain what R100 means? Or is that based on my R---..........?
Also, you could attempt to use paint to get across the basic idea? Pinching_eyes_2
I have no idea what time it is over there, but I'm hoping I got this in on time. I'm also hoping this isn't some awful April fools joke :\
My original design was based off of a shooting star. It was pretty cool but I couldn't get it to look right and the gimmick was pretty unrealistic. My new design was birthed after staring at my passport for an hour while stuck at the border. It is based on the Canadian coat of arms. An entire country based series of tops could be made pretty easily. I'm not sure if I've labled everything right and I am aware that the side view is missing. I started working on this 2 hours ago, no sketches or anything, just the raw concept in my head. My thought is for there to be a slight slope to the leaves points, but nothing too sharp or fragile. The design behind most MFB wheels seems to rely on brute force.

[Image: beycdncrestfinalcopy.jpg]

Oh wait, it's only the 30th, I've still got another day *wipes sweat from brow* Oh well! Now I'm done xP

EDIT: If this counts as a resubmission, just ignore it. I tried to illustrate the slope I was talking about.

[Image: beycdncrestfinalcopy2.jpg]
(Mar. 31, 2009  4:25 AM)Minion Wrote: I have no idea what time it is over there, but I'm hoping I got this in on time. I'm also hoping this isn't some awful April fools joke :\
My original design was based off of a shooting star. It was pretty cool but I couldn't get it to look right and the gimmick was pretty unrealistic. My new design was birthed after staring at my passport for an hour while stuck at the border. It is based on the Canadian coat of arms. An entire country based series of tops could be made pretty easily. I'm not sure if I've labled everything right and I am aware that the side view is missing. I started working on this 2 hours ago, no sketches or anything, just the raw concept in my head. My thought is for there to be a slight slope to the leaves points, but nothing too sharp or fragile. The design behind most MFB wheels seems to rely on brute force.

[Image: beycdncrestfinalcopy.jpg]

Oh wait, it's only the 30th, I've still got another day *wipes sweat from brow* Oh well! Now I'm done xP

I vote this for sheer awesomeness.Joyful_2 Canadian coat of arms on a blade is badass. Seriously though minion, it's great.
hahahahahahaha wow
(Mar. 31, 2009  4:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: hahahahahahaha wow

admit it, you like it too.
......Awesome. Performance not so much, but design FTW.
(Mar. 31, 2009  4:40 AM)Khel Wrote: I vote this for sheer awesomeness.Joyful_2 Canadian coat of arms on a blade is badass. Seriously though minion, it's great.
It'd run away from battles though lol.
Nah, I'm just jokin, it's a nice design, not sure how it'd work as an actual bey design though, might have some potential smash from the number of metal wheel points, but I'd be willing to bet it'd be pretty fragile.
(Mar. 31, 2009  11:21 AM)dieddead46 Wrote: It'd run away from battles though lol.
Nah, I'm just jokin, it's a nice design, not sure how it'd work as an actual bey design though, might have some potential smash from the number of metal wheel points, but I'd be willing to bet it'd be pretty fragile.

get out
(Mar. 31, 2009  11:21 AM)dieddead46 Wrote: It'd run away from battles though lol.

Fox news quips are now barred from being posted in this thread.
UROBOROS P145BS

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6093/...p145bs.jpg

Hm, who is Dir en grey anyway …

Through researches, only Uroboros came to inspire me. Other creatures more directly linked to the horoscope either consisted of men, of objects that would never come to life, or of lesser animals that seemed dull to me. Let it be known that Quetzalcoatl, who is associated to Venus, was sometimes depicted as a serpent that ate its own tail: an ouroboros. At this moment, it is also TAKARA-TOMY’s goal to make the aforementioned beyblade rare and, consequently, somewhat strong : if it were useless, nobody would bother gaining points and cards to finally get it in their possession. Therefore, as a worthy figurative Quetzalcoatl, Uroboros should not be another Sagittario.

Uroboros, the snake that devours its tail (effectively forming a circle with its body), represents the never-ending. For this reason, a survival-type beyblade would, in my opinion, illustrate it well.

In any case, I was faced with very few designs for the Wheel : a snake only consists of its body, scales, fangs and eyes. Not to mention it is biting its tail, and there is a limited amount of ways a round structure can be deformed. Using the infinity symbol to form a circle did not do justice to the idea either. This explains the simplistic image of a serpent wound around a ring which, admittedly, is too obvious a design for the kind of representations TAKARA-TOMY has opted for : usually, only select portions of the metaphorical creatures are used to make the Wheel. (If I were them recently, there would be holes adorning the underside anyway.) Imagining a round Wheel consisting of only an ouroboros was also unthinkable for me. A sufficient weight for this part would be of 39-40 grams, I suppose.

The Face needs its own thorough explanation, even though it is still only made of plastic; the design is not foolish. The symbol associated with the ouroboros is, of course, infinity (∞). To me, it had to appear somewhere on this blade and, delicately spread, it could incarnate the eyes of a malevolent snake. Then, only “URO” was written on it because, as with the first Metal Fight beyblades, including the whole name would have made the text too small. Also, it is “Uroboros” because it is Japanese. Both the U and the O were positioned and moulded so they would subtly remind one of fangs on either side of a serpent’s mouth. Although the R was supposed to be a normal Times New Roman one, further reinforced, I found that it could portray a snake’s tongue correctly.

As for the Track, while searching for information on stamina-type beyblades, I figured Bearing Cores could do. I was going to translate this into Metal Fight Beyblade, however reading the recommendations in the opening post again made me reconsider the thought. As a consequence to this rediscovery, I was planning on using a normal, released Track such as 125 or WD145, yet I knew what the Bottom was going to be already (and there were restrictions on this as well), so an immediate option was to imagine a new Track. After much reflection, the following concept was formed :
Personally, I have always wondered what these small constructions at the back of a Wheel (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) were for : they aligned perfectly with the equally ‘mysterious’ handles of the standard Tracks and, besides very lightly locking it into place so it could not accidentally rotate (even though the whole thing has a regular hexagonal shape), I found their unclear vocation odd. From this questioning was created a new add-on for the Track. Two pieces are inserted at each side between the Track’s outer walls, its handles and the weird constructions. As illustrated, they are round in shape to help reduce friction if a lower beyblade hits the core component. Normally, they could more or less help in transforming the blade into a larger, slightly more compact one.
After thinking a lot about these support parts, I came to the conclusion that they could only be added to a 145 Track, since the Bottom needs to fit and that a Tool is required to screw the latter part. If manufactured expertly, they should not necessarily fall (that much) during battle. It can also aid the comprehension to know that when both of the pieces are inserted, they cover approximately two quarters of the Track. Additionally, I did not fuse all three pieces together simply because aesthetic is freedom.
This Track is called P145 as in Pyramid 145 since, upside down, it could resurrect your memory of one. It also permits a soft transition between the Wheel’s width and the pointy end of the Bottom. I am still wondering what S125 was supposed to be anyway … That might have been a better name.
The total weight would vary from 3,5 to 5 grams, I think.

(Also understand that perhaps I wish I knew more about tops.)

As a matter of fact, BS (Ball Sharp) finishes this beyblade. It seemed modestly better than Sharp, but nobody has the obligation to put a perfect toy on the market anyway …

Uroboros P145BS does not constitute a Hybrid Wheel beyblade because, in all honesty, the new designs are extremely far-fetched and insignificant from an artistic point of view : both parts of the Hybrid Wheel do not correctly hold any resemblance to what they are supposed to illustrate. You could observe that one Metal Wheel is clearly good for attack : good for you. I could understand the wings and the hooves in the Pegasis Wheel, however, how is Dark dark ? Mad makes more sense, yet the former is meant to be a stronger expression. Moreover, besides the pattern (which will be hidden) on the top of the Storm Metal Wheel, the sculpted parts on the lateral sides do not represent anything related to a storm well in my opinion. Where is the Flame, etc. Clear Wheels are not exempted from this judgement either : Pegasis looks more like a dragon, Wolf is a cut flower and Leone is supposedly a compact Leone. Yes, although I could have come to revolutionize the system, I believe in the realism of probabilities. Had I played TAKARA-TOMY and created a Hybrid Wheel, especially based on an ouroboros, this whole explanation would have decreased in length by a lot (due to a lack of proper motivation) and I might not have submitted any entry. I like to hand in meaningful projects.

The colours were chosen according to the Wheel, since the latter had to be painted black/grey/white due to a certain band’s album borrowing the same colour scheme and I also find that there are not enough dark Wheels. The Face and the Bottom are both ochre to symbolize the never-ending, the beginning and the end of the beyblade even vertically. Furthermore, the Track and its two pieces could not be coloured identically for explanation purposes.

Finally, I do acknowledge that the Wheel bears characteristics similar to a university logo …

If, somehow, Uroboros P145BS is too strong, I did not know.

Nonetheless, I think I have gotten the essence of what a Metal Fight Beyblade is.
holy carp

I was actually going to design an SP-like attachment for those things. Glad to see I wasn't the only one with that idea.
Today is the last day for entries!
Wow, Kai-V that's amazing.
Just two things about your Japanese:
1. where it says "BS" you need a "-" after the bi katakana
2. in the word Pyramid. You need a small tsu after the mi.
(Mar. 31, 2009  6:25 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Wow, Kai-V that's amazing.
Just two things about your Japanese:
1. where it says "BS" you need a "-" after the bi katakana
2. in the word Pyramid. You need a small tsu after the mi.
So I can finally conclude that a "-" lengthens vowels and a small "tsu", consonnants ? I had been wondering.