FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade ... again!

Regretting not kidnapping you now Minion great design.
(Sep. 29, 2010  6:30 PM)Minion Wrote: So awesome royface! Reminds me a lot of some of the later HMS bey.

I was going to work on elaborating my text/posting my concept work today but my dad needs me to go to the cottage ASAP and I don't really have time to scan anything. sooo heres what I've got, short and sweet-

Quote:Lunar Khonsu M90BWD

In keeping with the stellar theme of MFB, I tried to find an egyptian theme that also tied into the stars. I'm lead to beleive that the egyptians based a lot on astrology anyways.
This is a relatively small, but solid top. Picture (rock leone) for thickness and diameter. The metal wheel is quite smooth and defensive. I think I've illustrated the protrusions a little too promenantly, it was hard to get the desired design while leaving space for the plastic wheel, but I didn't want to omit one and leave it as a first gen. MFB.

Face bolt- Khonsu, the egyptian moon deity, was said to govern over space and time. I tried to focus the abilities of the top on long spin time to represent time, and the aesthetics are obviously to represent the moon and stars.

Plastic Wheel- cosmos- a series of stars, clear yellow ring with raised stars.

Metal wheel- Lunar- a defensive ring of rounded edges. The bumps are chiseled downwards slightly. It is based off of the lunar moon cycle. I was going to draw all the phases of the moon, but I am a sucker for symmetry haha Joyful_3;;

track- 90 with metal inside the hollow parts of the track, as well as protruding slightly outwards. The small size of the track should prevent the overall weight from exceeding top standards.

tip- bearing supported wide defense tip. The free spinning part of the tip sits very shallow, preventing much wobble.

[Image: lunarkhonsu2point1.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My original design I drew on day 1 is here- http://img163.imageshack.us/i/khonsubey.png/
not much changed except I came up with a better track, and modified the plastic wheel and tip. I played around with a lot of ideas for the track, but all of them were needlessly complicated, and I really find that the most simple tops are the most effective.
Interesting. Was it drawn by hand originally or prepared only by the computer?
http://picasaweb.google.com/114633710908...ladeDesign#

sorry i cant add hyperlink i hope it is still eligible if not try picasweb.google.com type in beyblade in the search bar it will be on page 42 it is called my beyblade design.
woops actually it is a hyperlink!
if you want a bigger version try

http://picasaweb.google.com/114633710908...2861237218
(Sep. 29, 2010  9:32 AM)Royface3000 Wrote: Here is my entry:
Rebirth Kheprius RS145RBC
Type: Balance

Motif: Khepri, the god of rebirth and sunrise. Khepri is commonly depicted as a man with a scarab as his head, and is usually associated with scarabs and blue lotuses.

Face: The face depicts Khepri as a sunglasses-wearing, scarab-shaped skull. Behind "Khepri's head" is the sun with the letters spelling out "Khepri" in it, forming the textures of the sun. Because of the way it is positioned, the "skull face" and "sun" can be seen as a scarab rolling up the sun.

Clear Wheel: Kheprius - The Kheprius clear wheel features two scarabs followed by a blue lotus flower.

Metal Wheel: Rebirth - The metal wheel forms the "legs" of the scarab and has a miniature scarab rolling a ball along its front legs. As a pun on its name, Rebirth can be shot in "reverse"(left-spin) when it is paired up with the Kheprius clear wheel. Rebirth was designed as a pure attack wheel, and has significant upper attack that has not been seen with previous metal wheels. When used with a high track in right spin, its six "wing" protrusions are allowed to make direct contact with the opposing bey's wheel. When used on a lower track in right spin, Rebirth has access to the two mini-scarabs sloped upwards at the end of each successive set of wings. In left spin, Rebirth has some useable force smash when it is put on a high track.
Demonstration of smash and upper attack:
Track: RS145(Rising Sun 145)
- This is a gimmick track that can switch between a defense mode and an attack mode. The transformation between defense and attack represents the setting/rising sun and also represents how "khepri" can mean "transformation." The track in defense mode is meant to aid in life-after-death("rebirth") when used with a proper bearing core tip(not that one exists yet, lol). In attack mode, the spikes of RS145 give the track some smash attack at the tradeoff of having relatively high recoil. Because of the way the spikes are positioned, attack mode does not work properly in left spin. To change modes, you twist a knob at the base of the track(similar to CH120). This causes pegs(not shown in image) connected to the spikes to move along guiding rails that move the spikes to a different position. This transformation is similar to a transforming origami star(I don't have a picture of one but you should be able to find it on Google if you don't know what it is).

Bottom: RBC(Rolling Ball Change) - This bottom has a small, free-spinning metal ball that gives the beyblade some stamina when shot parallel to the floor. When used with banking or a sliding shoot, the bottom gives the beyblade a somewhat aggressive movement. The rolling feature of the metal ball represents how Khepri was said to roll the sun into and out of the sky.

The completed beyblade:

if you saw the rules you were supposed to draw it.
The beyblade is called Noble Orberous and is an attack type.

the face bolt depicts orberous's head and its arm curving round with the word Noble on it I chose the colour green for the face bolt as the original orberous is green.

the clear wheel has four tails, which have mini clips attaching them to the base if hit they will take the impact and fling the beyblade back again, it has some very high parts to help defend.

the fusion wheel has four triangles sticking out to help hit beyblades lower and they are slanted for a good smash attack it also has some spikes from the dark wheel to help balance it out, it is right spin.

the spin track is an amzing part it has three claws inside it and if hit hard enough pop out and hit the opponent, this helps catch the opponents unaware.

and finally the performance tip, it is a switch tip witch can switch from free spinning to stiff so if an opponent tries to attack you the track can switch to free spinning to evade the attack.

the spin track is ksa2 standing for knife stealth attack 2

the performance tip is fsct3 standing for free spinning change tip 3

i am also painting another picture of this with it fully built which means it classes as the same blade ppl!
also i drew mine first then coloured it in on paint!
Got my design finished (another Horus I'm afraid, sorry!) just now, the info/pics are below. Hope you guys like it, though the colouring is a little sloppy since I won't have time to add last minute touches. Anyway, here it is:

The Blade name is 'Spark Horus 120RF'. I wanted to combine the creature itself with an element of some sort which would play a role in whatever 'special move' was developed for it (in the case of it being used in the tv show). I also figured it'd be a more 'natural' spin on the blade (no pun intended) rather than incorporating all sorts of different things in the type.

As for the Blade TYPE, I decided to make it an attack. This was partly because of the fact that the 'bitbeast' (sorry if they don't call them that in the new series, I'm not really up to date with everything) is a bird of prey, and therefore goes into a hunt rather than hiding, but also because the Performance Tip resembles the RF that you get with Storm Pegasis/Pegasus. The Fusion Wheel is also much more suitable for sharp attacks, and to make it a Stamina or Defence type wouldn't work for the Blade's advantage.

Face Bolt - Spark Horus

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss211...tBeast.gif

This is the Face Bolt image that would be used on the blade. It features the Horus itself (I made it blue to represent the thunder/sparks in the name) with the Egyptian Symbol used almost as facial markings that are used to connect the beak with the rest of the body. I also tried to make the Eye of the symbol the Eye of the Horus itself, so sorry if it looks a bit weird. I also added Thunder bolts to the background of the face, to make use of the rest of the space I had effectively, and to make it look like they were being given off by the Horus. Also, when you spin the Blade with this face on, the way the thunderbolts are positioned make the face look like there's a lot more depth, and as if there is something captive inside the blade.

Energy Ring - Horus

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss211...y-Ring.gif

This is the design I made for the energy ring. I continued with the use of blue and yellow on the parts, but for more than one reason:

1) The yellow parts are meant to look like the torso of the Bird, whereas the blue areas are supposed to be the wings that continue on from it. Almost as if there are two birds 'surrounding' the blade to protect it.

2) I wanted to use the almost pastel colours to give off the bright Egyptian feel that they used in a lot of their jewels and treasures. The effect would also be reflected when the blade is spinning, because the colours would combine and create an interesting look.

Fusion Wheel - Spark

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss211...t-Disk.gif

The fusion wheel I made was supposed to continue as a 'feather' effect from the Energy Ring, but also has the ability to almost 'grab' other blades (like a bird of prey would do) with the 'feathered' ridges that stick out every few MM on the blade. This causes an opponent to lose a reasonable amount of power upon collision, which would most likely happen a lot, with the blade being an Attack type and all.

Spin Track + Performance Tip 120RF

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss211...---STT.gif

Overview - http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss211...-Track.gif

Because I designed the blade to be an attack type, I decided that the Spin Track should have something about it that created some form of defensive 'barrier' against other blades, so that it wasn't left completely open for attacks once the RF had calmed down a little. The oval shapes on the ST itself act as barriers due to their arrangement. Because there's a tiny gap every few MM, when a blade attacks and they contact while the Track is spinning, it should cause Horus to almost 'bounce back' without taking as much of the attack, because of the angle they've hit the Track (sorry if that made no sense D: ).

--

That's about all I have to write really. This was tonnes of fun to take part in, though I'm not really all that confident in the naming system/how things work, so sorry if I've made no sense whatsoever throughout the entire post!

Thanks for looking and I hope you like it! (:
Wow , I'm embarressed XD.I dont think I will be able to get anything.Good job gus I may post mine today , oh and Aiekemi ( sorry for the spelling error ) and Dirge , sorry for saying the " winner " comment , I was expressing my opinion.
almost done my full beyblade and i think it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Sep. 29, 2010  6:30 PM)Minion Wrote: Minion's entry

IMO your first draft is better.
[Image: scui5i.jpg]

Chaos Seto(Set) 55WHF

Chaos:
Choas is a wheel the shape of set's heads it's designed for uppper attack and consists of horns. I has two attacing slopes on sides which are to give it a power boost.Mosy of the wheel is a gold colour as Set was a king of darkness. It also has blue.

Seto:
A basic clear wheel which looks like Set with his hair.

55WHF:
This is a speacial part because it's a track fused with a bottom to get extreme low height for upper attacking. WHF is wide Hole Flate which has extreme speed as it's a combination of the best attack bottoms.

I know this is not a good design compared to others but this really took me a long time please believe me. I have tried my hardest and this time I'm positivie!
Hi, my idea is called prism Pharos cr 120 BRC.

Metal wheel
Prism is the shape of the star of David but with 3 curves on the major spikes,
It provides major defence capabilities as it is almost perfectly round.
You can take the round protrusions off for a sort of attack wheel, this locks in place when the clear wheel is in place ( this acts as a clamp, so to speak)

The clear wheel
Pharos represents an Egyptian Pharos crown and has perfect symmetry, it is blue with yellow lines representing a Pharos crown.

Track
Cr120 is a free spinning track, it is similar shape to h145 but represents a Pharos crown.

Bottom,

BRC is ball rubber coat, it is ball with a rubber coat which, when not worn, provides a sturdy stable defence platform. This is also free spinning, much like bearing core two,
It may have little stamina but defends itself well against blades using rf, hf or cs.

Pics to be followed soon as ma computer is down and dis is from ma fone.
(can ma pics come after tomorrow as Im getting another computer tomorrow or Friday.???)
I just have a brief question before I post my entry. Is it alright if I came up with the concepts and ideas and basically all of it, but got someone else to draw the idea out for me since I'm not artistically inclined?
My created bey is called Claw Scarab ED145WD

Fusion Wheel
The fusion wheel is claw, representing the claws of a scarab, so it has very sharp claws pointing both ways for maximum attack potential. color: (black and white)

Energy Ring
The energy ring is scarab. It represents a scarab because it has edges and claws and has lots of design.
color: (black and white)

Spin track
The spin track is ED145, eternal defense, because scarabs have claws and so does eternal defence, so it will claw and hook strike opponents.

Performance tip
the performance tip is WD, wide defense, because it will have lots of defense and stamina so its attack power will last longer and do more damage.

Im going to post pics tomorrow i hope. I really want to win mercury anubis. and if anyone knows if they will start to sell mercury anubis' in stores, just give me a shout because it should be good.
how do i join?
I'm really gonna lose... Hey face booster blue! Come back!
(Sep. 29, 2010  11:06 PM)gianc6 Wrote: how do i join?

You just post the entry.
... "Your first entry is final" ... If you post your explanation now without any picture, then you cannot just add it afterwards. Why could you not have been patient and posted everything at once when you had the image uploaded and ready ?

Also, .:VirgO:., that Chaos slightly resembles Vulcan ...
(Sep. 30, 2010  12:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: ... "Your first entry is final" ... If you post your explanation now without any picture, then you cannot just add it afterwards. Why could you not have been patient and posted everything at once when you had the image uploaded and ready ?

Also, .:VirgO:., that Chaos slightly resembles Vulcan ...

Don't mean to be a pain, but can you clarify my question? I got someone to draw my idea for me. Wondering if that's "legal"
(Sep. 30, 2010  12:56 AM)Train Wrote: Don't mean to be a pain, but can you clarify my question? I got someone to draw my idea for me. Wondering if that's "legal"
Oh, yes, this has never happened in the past though ... It is slightly unfair in a way, but at the same time, if it is really drawn, it could perhaps be viewed on the same level as a computer-assisted image ?
This is a repost, because i had time to do a real drawing.

Burial Anubis 80FB
the bottom is similar to rf (not a ball, i'm not good at drawing 3-d effects), but a bit wider, and a tad shorter, and instead of having two connection points to the actual rubber, it has three. the facebolt is something like a cerberus, with a more sleek look to it.
facebolt weight: standard
clear wheel weight: 3.2 grams
metal wheel weight: 29.0 grams
track: .8 grams
bottom: 1 gram
sorry, the face and track are so small
the metal wheel has 4 large spikes and then the 4 smaller ones
edit: sorry, the face and track are so small, the way it looks make it seem like draciel, but osiris has 4 legs, a tail, and a cool head.
it says osiris on the facebolt
and that yellowish spot is something weird with my scanner, sorry
Details:
Facebolt: Osiris
Clear wheel: Osiris
Metal wheel: Burial
Track: 80
Bottom: FB (flat base or my preferred version final burial)
and I know I was only supposed to submit once, but it is the same blade just decently dran
attack type, flaw= not perfectly balanced on all 4 sides
Attached Files

.jpg   ummmmm23.jpg (Size: 20.34 KB / Downloads: 388)
(Sep. 30, 2010  1:25 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2010  12:56 AM)Train Wrote: Don't mean to be a pain, but can you clarify my question? I got someone to draw my idea for me. Wondering if that's "legal"
Oh, yes, this has never happened in the past though ... It is slightly unfair in a way, but at the same time, if it is really drawn, it could perhaps be viewed on the same level as a computer-assisted image ?

What happened to
contest rules Wrote:Artistry: Obviously, someone who hand draws their Beyblade for several hours is going to be taken more seriously than someone who quickly puts something together in MS Paint. That being said, we understand that not everyone has the same artistic ability. Effort is what's important!
?

I'm not saying that entrants (ie Train) shouldn't be allowed to outsource their drawing as long as the design idea was the entrant's, but the grading criteria is very vague. If drawing skill isn't graded, then how do you measure "effort"? The Artistry criteria clearly needs to be rewritten.
Well Here is My Entry

Coffin Radem RD130BF

[Image: completebey.png]

sorry if its sloppy but i did the best i could do
I wouldn't say "much like a reverse unicorno" It IS a reverse Unicorno.