Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4 Average

Duo Uranus Discussion
gibsonmac

Uberschall
Rose Gold FacePassport Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 01 2011 10:51 PM by gibsonmac.)
Here it is Boys and Girls!!! the ultra-hyped Duo Uranus!!!! will it live up to the hype??

Duo Wheel from the new BB-121 Ultimate DX Set, is an interesting wheel, which contrary to popular belief does have very good balance, however it has a gimmick that causes it to spin 'lopsided'. So without further ado, the tests...

S-Mode Tests

Duo Uranus(S- Mode) 230CS vs MFH VariAres R145RF
Duo 28-30
Vari 2-30

Duo 93%

Yes even without so much as a MF-M to aid it, Duo shut out the king, and many others as well...

Duo Uranus (S-mode) 230CS vs MFH Beat Lynx GB145RF
Duo 29-30
Beat 1-30

Duo 96.6%

Beat was in the 'magic height range' and still could not deliver the goods.

Duo Uranus 230CS vs MF VariAres CH120RF (right)
Duo 12-20
Vari 8-20

Duo 60%

Duo Uranus (S- mode) BD145CS vs MFH VariAres R145RF
Duo 27-30
Vari 3-30

Duo 90%

Duo Uranus (S- mode) BD145CS vs MF Blitz Herculeo S130RF
Duo 28-30
Blitz 2-30

Duo 93%

Duo on the BD145 is almost identical to Death on the Boost Disk... they both leave almost no gap what so ever, with the only difference being that Death has a slight more angle to its profile than Duo. Also, Duo has very little recoil to it as well, on S-mode anyway, it's basically a Death with a "A(symmetrical)- mode" so I'd imagine they will put up very similar results, in S-mode anyway..

Just to prove the balance that Duo has, NONE of the Duo combos uses MF-anything, and Duo performed like a rock star!!

As Always, more tests to come, and requests are welcome!!! I can accommodate ANY combo requests.

MFH Duo Uranus BD145CS vs MFH Death (Def)Jupiter BD145CS
Duo 12-20
Death 8-20

Duo 60%

Yeah..Umm.. Duo straight curb stomped Phantom in a proper Stamina test
Duo (s-Mode) Uranus AD145WD vs MF-F Phantom (Stamina mode)Aquario AD145WD
Duo 23-25
Phantom 2-25

Duo 92%

And Phantom should have had the advantage, MF-F and Aquario... and here's the vidya that shows a 4-5 victory for Duo... with Phantoms only win being an immediate recoil KO...

MFH Duo Uranus 230CS vs MFH Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
Duo 19-20
Basalt 1-20

Duo 95%

Duo Uranus B: D vs. MFH Basalt Kerbecs BD145EDS
Duo 17-20
Basalt 3-20

Duo 85%

Duo B: D vs Phantom (Stamina)B: D
Way too many ties to have meaningful results, and after 20-ish rounds there were only 5 clear wins
Duo 1-5
Phantom 4-5

A-mode Tests

Here is a little Teaser

A-mode is super cool, it Forces attack movement on things like WD and B: D, it also adds defense to Duo stamina combos, I was really surprised how fun this mode is.

Duo Uranus AD145RF vs Phantom (Stm) Cancer TH170CS
Duo 18-20 Punted phantom OTS!!!
Phantom 2-20

Duo 90%

Duo Uranus B: D vs Phantom (Stm) Kronos B: D
Duo 5-20
Phantom 15-20

Duo 25%

Duo Uranus AD145WD vs Phantom (Stm) Kronos B: D
Duo 19-20 All KO Smile
Phantom 1-20

Duo 95%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts thus far...

If Death is the 4D evolution of Earth, then Duo has to be the 4D evolution of Basalt. Duo in S-mode is a perfect smooth circle with less recoil than Death, and far better balance (and Death has decent balance anyway), and in A-mode it is even more out of balance in any combo than Basalt Horogium R145, so not only does Death put up better numbers than Basalt in proper defense Combos, BUT it also does the out of balance thing better as well, and its done in a usable way... Basalt is like a 60's corvette, it looks cool, everybody loves them, but they drive like carp, no power steering, underpowered, terrible weight distribution etc... Duo is like a C6 ZR1 Corvette, a highly engineered, powerful race car with great ergos...

Car comparisons aside, Duo straight-up outclasses Basalt, AND is strictly better than Death... Where the modes of Death really do not do much performance wise, Duo's mode changes result in a completely different wheel altogether, this is the first time that the mode changes make such a dramatic impact, so considering this, you are really getting 4 beys in the Ultimate DX set in a way. Don't get me wrong, Death is still a fantastic defense wheel, but now it has SERIOUS competition...

***All tests done with standard procedures***
Do to all the whining tests will be 20-30 rounds

[Image: 635px-5.jpg]

There is NO air manipulation, I do not know why people think changing modes opens up air passages... maybe its like that in the Anime, but not in reality... It's REAL gimmick is weight distribution...

[Image: WBO_sig.jpg]
The First thing every blader should buy is MF and MF2... Metal Faces are necessary people!! Know them, Live them, LOVE them, find them on eBay if you have to, just get them!!!
Nov 30 2011 01:09 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Primal

Dragooon Rage
BeyRank: #163 (1,272)
Rose Gold FaceDJ FaceCancer FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceUnicorno FaceWolborg FaceAquila FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceBronze FaceSerpent FaceKronos FaceOrion FaceBeelzeb FaceHoruseus FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceCygnus FaceCrown FaceGold FaceSerpent FaceNemesis FaceAnniversary Face 2012Escolpio Face

You should really do 20 rounds anyway. Uncertain

Duo looks pretty good as a defense wheel if it can stop MF Vari R145RF in its tracks. Can you try some stamina testing against MF-H Basalt BD145CS? Try Duo (Stamina) Aquario B: D or something.

Also, can you tell us the results of each battle (KO or OS)?
Nov 30 2011 01:12 AM
Hov

Jon™
BeyRank: #71 (1,374)
Bronze FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IISagittario FaceEmerald FaceDranzer FaceAntique FaceCancer FaceGill FaceWolborg FaceSapphire FaceBeafowl FaceSusanow FaceSilver FacePassport Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 30 2011 01:17 AM by Hov.)
What the Duo Uranus? First Death now Duo? 4D is really starting to get interesting now. . . I hope WIng testings come up soon. But hey, 20 rounds though. Can you try MF-H Duo AquarioTH170RS? All heights please.

I'd also liek to see some attack testing for Duo. SUch as Duo UranusCh120RF, R145, and H145.

Click here for the most classic thread on WBO of all time. Enjoy!

Strive for greatness.
Nov 30 2011 01:16 AM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceCapricorne FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 30 2011 01:19 AM by Raigeko13.)
>All tests done with standard procedures
>10 rounds per test
Nope.avi

Anyways, a request, if you will. Duo Aquario (S) BGrin vs Basalt BD145/230EDS. Stamina vs. Stamina.
Another: MF Duo ___ (A) R145RF/R²F vs. MF Death Aquario BD145CS

[Image: oqcqh.png]
Nov 30 2011 01:18 AM
Jaygrazer

dat gundam yo

WTF?!?!?!

My testing with BD145CS SUCKED on S mode w/ MF-H against Stamina types, try it out!
Nov 30 2011 01:24 AM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceCapricorne FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago Face

It could be the condition of both of your parts that could make such a drastic change in testing results. Such as RF/CS. However it is a bit odd that this can win against MF Variares R145RF.

Nov 30 2011 01:28 AM
ShadowL-Drago

The Dragon Emperor
Rose Gold Face

(Nov 30 2011 01:28 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote:  It could be the condition of both of your parts that could make such a drastic change in testing results. Such as RF/CS. However it is a bit odd that this can win against MF Variares R145RF.
The results against the VariAres R145RF could be from lack of going all 20 rounds? Anyways my suggestion would be to test against the Blitz Unicorno variants... (85R2F, CH120 R2F etc...)

ALL NORTH TEXAS BLADERS CHECK THIS THREAD OUT!!!
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-DFW-Texa...rth-Thread
Check out my YouTube Channel! I take battle requests! SUB
http://www.youtube.com/user/PozJoker4444?feature=guide
Nov 30 2011 01:30 AM
Hov

Jon™
BeyRank: #71 (1,374)
Bronze FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IISagittario FaceEmerald FaceDranzer FaceAntique FaceCancer FaceGill FaceWolborg FaceSapphire FaceBeafowl FaceSusanow FaceSilver FacePassport Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 30 2011 01:34 AM by Hov.)
I just hate it when people think "Oh it won 9/10 rounds or 10/10 means its good enough!" Like, no no no no. Standard Testing means 20 rounds no matter what. You lack testing bro.

Click here for the most classic thread on WBO of all time. Enjoy!

Strive for greatness.
Nov 30 2011 01:33 AM
Arupaeo

Climbing Back
BeyRank: #10 (1,604)
Gaia Dragoon FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIRose Gold FaceEmerald FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceAmber FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceAnubis FaceGill FaceAquila FaceUnicorno FaceLacerta FaceGold FaceLeone FaceHerculeo FaceRuby FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulPrize Hunter FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBrad FaceGold FaceMetal FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceByxis FaceOnyx FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceWyvern FaceHoruseus FaceBeafowl FaceAres FaceBeafowl FaceHoruseus FaceCygnus FaceHades FaceNemesis FaceBeelzeb FaceLyra FaceFace of Days IIIPrize Hunter FaceUranus FaceFox FaceOrion FaceBronze FaceGold FaceBloody Devil FaceGold FaceBronze FaceDranzer II FaceDragoon II FaceGold FaceSamurai Changer FaceJiraiya FaceLibra FaceKetos FaceDraciel Viper FaceEterner FaceStriker FaceDark Leopard FaceGiraffe FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceCrown FaceOrion FaceHoruseus FaceLynx FaceCrown FaceAnniversary Face 2012Silver FaceFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVBronze FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceGold FaceDriger Fang FaceDraciel Viper FaceGold FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013Silver FaceGold FaceEternal Passport FaceMF2 FaceFace of Days VHorogium Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 30 2011 02:14 AM by Arupaeo.)
(Nov 30 2011 01:09 AM)gibsonmac Wrote:  
Tests that have a fighting chance will be done to 20+ rounds, though tests that are 90-100% after 10 rounds will be held at 10.

Hi gibsonmac,

The point of doing 20 rounds is because 10 is not an adequate sample size to make estimates - including an estimate of how it will do on the next 10 rounds... Please increase the testing rounds to at least 20, otherwise they really don't have any value to the community.
Nov 30 2011 02:14 AM
Nuzumaki90

BeyRank: #1,017 (1,050)
Face of Days IIAres Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 30 2011 02:39 AM by Nuzumaki90.)
Along with everyone else, you really do need to do 20 rounds. Also, you made a little typo on the 2nd match, it says Vari instead of Beat/Lynx.

But anyways, could you try out Duo Aquario (S) B : D against MF Death Aquario BD145CS and Duo _ (A) R145RF vs MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB? EDIT: Could you also try Duo Aquario (S) B : D vs Phantom Orion B : D
Nov 30 2011 02:36 AM
Benjohadi

Stark Industries
BeyRank: #948 (1,055)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceDJ FaceLibra FaceGold FaceAquila FaceCancer FaceUnicorno FaceAmber FaceSilver FaceHerculeo FaceGemios FaceBrad FaceChimera FacePeridot FaceLapis Lazuli FaceAnniversary Face 2012Dragonis FaceGemios FaceVirgo Face

How MINT or worned is your RF?
also try on LRF, R2F..
test also against MF Blitz&Vari Ares 85 MF&XF, Vari Ares CH120 RF & R2F & LRF
test them all... Grin

[Image: 52984057.jpg]

My collection 1 year ago
My plastics anf MFB parts shop...visit my shop for a nice deals and promotions
Nov 30 2011 02:45 AM
Sniper

on my way to the top
BeyRank: #12 (1,569)
DJ FaceFace of Days IIEmerald FaceCancer FaceFace of Days IIISapphire FaceGold FaceBronze FaceAverazer FaceEterner FaceCygnus FaceFox FaceGold FaceRuby FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceGold FaceAnniversary Face 2012Gold FaceGold FaceFace of RevolutionBronze FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceGold FaceGold FaceBurning Kerberous FacePrize Hunter FaceLibra FaceOnyx FaceGold FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceGold FacePassport FaceDraciel Viper FaceGold FaceBronze FaceBeafowl FaceDragonis FaceAquila FaceFox FaceAquila FaceAquila FaceUranus FaceUnicorno FaceHoruseus FaceCancer FaceBalro II FaceGryph FaceGargole FaceReviser FacePhoenic FaceFace of Days VKillerken FaceBegirados Face

(Nov 30 2011 01:28 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote:  It could be the condition of both of your parts that could make such a drastic change in testing results. Such as RF/CS. However it is a bit odd that this can win against MF Variares R145RF.
Alot of things can beat MF Variares R145 RF. Also for some reason i think Duo and Capricorn go together

Follow me on Twitter @MahoutsukaiDomo
Nov 30 2011 02:52 AM
Away Find all posts by this user
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE

I can see how you think that Sniper - thought the exact same thing. The MW is very similar to the designs on teh MW... If it fits good, and if Duo is equal (when the Frame is balanced) I think that it could be great weight distribution.

Nov 30 2011 02:54 AM
Flame Aries

The Zodiacs
BeyRank: #632 (1,098)
Silver Face

Can you try some test with test with Uranus in Attack mode?

[Image: avatar_13585-1.jpg?t=1314030311]
Zodiacs
Tournament in Philly! Join us now!
Nov 30 2011 02:57 AM
gibsonmac

Uberschall
(This post was last modified: Dec 01 2011 12:40 AM by gibsonmac.)
Well when 10/10 comes up, standard deviation would only account for a +/- 2 at most, so they ARE in fact valid... Do any of you know anything regarding how statistics work??? I'm guessing none of you have ever taken a college level stats class, let alone a Graduate level stats class, except maybe Arupaeo, I had to sit through 3 stats classes when I got my Poly Science degree... at the time I thought it was pointless unless I was going to be a card counter or a researcher of demographics... but alas, beyblade

So look up standard deviations and sample sizes...

a 100% win rate out of 10, can not and will not magically become anything less than 75% when expanded to a sample size of twenty..

Quite honestly the only way to have proper 'valid' results is 100 rounds per test, or really 1000 per test... but since no sane person would do that...

20 rounds, statistically, is no more or less valid than 10 rounds really.

The First thing every blader should buy is MF and MF2... Metal Faces are necessary people!! Know them, Live them, LOVE them, find them on eBay if you have to, just get them!!!
Nov 30 2011 03:06 AM
[Pyro]

Absolutely Flawless
BeyRank: #91 (1,335)
DJ FaceCapricorne FaceFace of Days IIIGemios FaceEmerald FaceRose Gold FaceSapphire FaceFace of Revolution

to piggy-back off Flame Aries, please try some attack mode combos, ESPECIALLY with a B:D. I would really like to see how the attack mode would work on a B:D...

"That's Debatable"
[Image: gqmmm.gif]
TEAM KIRIN DESTROYERS
Nov 30 2011 03:10 AM
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE

>When derp derp is 1 and 2 variables
No.
You must abide by those standards which have been presented to you.
This is the WBO, not college.
The 20 rounds is to get a good average of something. 10 rounds is not much at all. 20 is double that, making them double accurate.
And no, statistically 20 rounds "is no more or less valid than 10 rounds really" because it can mean the difference between percentages in increments of 5.

I'm in 9th Grade.
kthxbai

Nov 30 2011 03:11 AM
gibsonmac

Uberschall
(This post was last modified: Nov 30 2011 03:16 AM by gibsonmac.)
(Nov 30 2011 01:24 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:  WTF?!?!?!

My testing with BD145CS SUCKED on S mode w/ MF-H against Stamina types, try it out!

well yeah, against stamina... Duo CS will not win against Phantom/Scythe WD
(Nov 30 2011 01:28 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote:  However it is a bit odd that this can win against MF Variares R145RF.

how is it odd?? its pretty much a Death doppelganger which owns VariAres

Nov 30 2011 03:11 AM
Dan

WORLDWAR2CHAINZ
BeyRank: #378 (1,156)
Antique FaceDJ FaceAmber FaceAnubis FaceWolborg FaceLapis Lazuli FaceAlexandrite Face

Try CH120 on VariAres, see how that does.

Flaunting college degrees isn't relevant and should stay off the boards: it will lead to more personally-oriented arguments most of the time.

For all I know they could all be art degrees.

[Image: dansignature21.gif]
shout out 2 kai-v
Nov 30 2011 03:20 AM
Shabalabadoo

Tralala lalalala
Antique FaceLapis Lazuli Face

(Nov 30 2011 03:06 AM)gibsonmac Wrote:  Well when 10/10 comes up, standard deviation would only account for a +/- 2 at most, so they ARE in fact valid... Do any of you know anything regarding how statistics work??? I'm guessing none of you have ever taken a college level stats class, let alone a Graduate level stats class, except maybe Arupaeo, I had to sit through 3 stats classes when I got my Poly Science degree... at the time I thought it was pointless unless I was going to be a card counter or a researcher of demographics... but alas, beyblade

So look up standard deviations and sample sizes...

a 100% win rate out of 10, can not and will not magically become anything less than 80% when expanded to a sample size of twenty..

Quite honestly the only way to have proper 'valid' results is 100 rounds per test, or really 1000 per test... but since no sane person would do that...

20 rounds, statistically, is no more or less valid than 10 rounds really.

From what I understand, Kai-V has lots of knowledge about statistics, and has said multiple times that she learned that 30 is in fact the absolute minimum.

10 is less than 30. I went to college for 4 years to learn that.

But we also have to consider what the original tests are for. The great combos for parts are never found right away when doing these "[Part] Discussion" topics, and rarely found in these topics anyways. They're mostly just a guideline, really. We also always prefer to have more than one person do any given test; so 10 rounds is not invalid, but certainly not what we would prefer. Spend some extra time and make them worthwhile!
Nov 30 2011 03:27 AM