Duo Uranus Discussion

Yay for Kei. Anyway, maybe you should test out uranas at the sane time too. However, one thug still questions me, how come Duo is such a good defense wheel even without a heavy weight, nor a large , round and compact wheel. What is it's secret to success?
(Nov. 30, 2011  4:23 AM)powerangeryan Wrote: Yay for Kei. Anyway, maybe you should test out uranas at the sane time too. However, one thug still questions me, how come Duo is such a good defense wheel even without a heavy weight, nor a large , round and compact wheel. What is it's secret to success?

Weight distribution is the key... I think...
try duo uranus 230 cs vs basalt 230 cs
Oh, that would be a good test!
its lower profiled than Basalt, Its wider then Basalt, there is almost no gap when on the BD... it is balanced very well (S-Mode)... The secret to its success is much the same as Death's, its damn near the same wheel with different cosmetics when Death is in Def mode and Duo is in S-mode...
Ugh...

I don't have the money to buy another "new Basalt"... but Defense is my meta...

Glad to see Duo is worth the metal it's made of after all - I seriously had very low hopes after seeing the Metal Frame's goofiness. Curious of how it does in serious Stamina matchups(I'd really like to see it against Phantom Aquario AD145WD and TH170D, especially).
Shouldn't this be called "Duo Discussion" since we are not really discussing the Uranus CW?

Also, could someone with two B:D with equal spin time do Duo B:D vs Phantom B:D.
And some attack tests would be good too.
After seeing AD's video I knew it was going to be a bulky wheel.
But I'd like to see it on something that isn't 230CS and BD145CS
[/b]
(Nov. 30, 2011  5:43 AM)Imperial Wrote: Shouldn't this be called "Duo Discussion" since we are not really discussing the Uranus CW?

Does it really matter??

(Nov. 30, 2011  5:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: Ugh...

I don't have the money to buy another "new Basalt"... but Defense is my meta...

Glad to see Duo is worth the metal it's made of after all - I seriously had very low hopes after seeing the Metal Frame's goofiness. Curious of how it does in serious Stamina matchups(I'd really like to see it against Phantom Aquario AD145WD and TH170D, especially).

so yeah, you may want to check the OP... I was originally going to tell you not to run out and buy it because its basically Death with a gimmick, however I think it may be the new powerhouse on the block... granted more testing will be needed and various heights/situations etc... but so far it IS the reason to buy BB-121, wing is a incredibly underwhelming thus far...
Hey I was thinking since duo has an attack mode it would be a really good attack type for heavy smash attacks it could even be a top tier bey try duo Uranus R145 CS or duo uranus T125 R2F
Woah, that looks like a really nice Bey Joyful_3
Wouldn't mind too have one of those Grin
No no no no...... Please NO. It can oblinirate Vari, and murdered phantom. This is like the basalt problem all over again! If i could, i would definatly ban this wheel. Anyway thx for the tests Gibsonmac!
(Nov. 30, 2011  7:42 AM)Bey Ninja 14x Wrote: Hey I was thinking since duo has an attack mode it would be a really good attack type for heavy smash attacks it could even be a top tier bey try duo Uranus R145 CS or duo uranus T125 R2F

...just because it's got a mode called "Attack Mode" does not mean it will necessarily be good at attack.

T125 is also a sub-optimal track to test on. If you're going to do Attack tests, use the usual stuff, gib. CH120,R145, D125, AD145(it worked for Phantom!), S130, etc.
I didn't know s130 was top tier, well you learn something new every day, any way back on topic, Duo looks like it has real potential, would you now recommend this set (ultimate dx set) or resort to further testing?
I would not recommend a set with only one worthwhile Beyblade that costs $70.

S130 works with several Attack MWs. Not all of them, as it is a niche height with a distinct shape, but it looks like it should have good synergy with the Duo MW.
Would like to see some tests of Death Vs Duo in mirrored combo's. Stamina (AD145WD or something) and BD145CS combo's. If they really are that similar.

Mine (both duo and death) should be here soonish.
It does indeed look that way because of its even weight distribution, it's height and also its shape
I am quite surprise by how Duo has performed. I thought at the first glance being 40-42(?) grams can not be tier in Defense compare to death. But i was wrong. So our meta game has just got better and better. Can you Gib, do B : D test compare Phantom and Duo
OMG, Duo rocks.

Could you do some attack tests? Although it seems meaningless to a stamina-based wheel.
Could you do mirror tests vs Phantom AD145WD in attack mode? See if it makes difference.
Today begins INTENSIVE testing...

Vari lovers, don't be too worried as it was a single vari combo, I would definitely recommend buying this at some point... Particularly if you don't have MB S130 LRF or LDD(guardian is essentially the same thing)
cool testings gibsonmac Wink Thx
is it really so with the air-rotation ?
and I think you really need a very low track too kill duo
I hope death can win against it
Can these tests be carried out:
MF-H Duo Uranus 85MF VS MF VariAres CH120/R145RF, Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS/TH170WF and Phantom Aquario 85/TH170D

I believe that Duo's shape can help produce a decent amount of (Air resistance? The one where air passes by easily) to tornado stall well and may destabilise attackers because MF is nearly as fast as RF. If it kills Phantom, and Phantom Aquario 85MF can OS a Basalt/Death BD145CS hopefully Duo can. Against Phantom im hoping for a bit of smash for KO's
(Nov. 30, 2011  6:32 PM)Bleik Wrote: I believe that Duo's shape can help produce a decent amount of (Air resistance? The one where air passes by easily)

Reduces air resistance... Aerodynamic

(Nov. 30, 2011  5:00 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: cool testings gibsonmac Wink Thx
is it really so with the air-rotation ?
and I think you really need a very low track too kill duo
I hope death can win against it

No air rotation, I'm not sure where people are getting that from...

(Nov. 30, 2011  11:28 AM)Tyler Le Wrote: I am quite surprise by how Duo has performed. I thought at the first glance being 40-42(?) grams can not be tier in Defense compare to death. But i was wrong. So our meta game has just got better and better. Can you Gib, do B : D test compare Phantom and Duo

The difference in weight of Death(43.6g) and Duo(42.3g) is 1.3g or less than the weight of a normal face bolt... The meta has indeed gotten more complex, Vari can't just power through everything, Death/Phantom cant defend everything, and Basalt kinda sucks lol...

(Nov. 30, 2011  4:21 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: So what defensive tests need to get done?

HINT: No attack involved.

Any you want done home-slice
Gibsonmac- thanks bud! I appreciate what you've you done here Smile