Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here.

Now my fakes are gone.
Sympathy lies here for the usual people who sell fakes and think they're authentic...
(Jun. 28, 2009  7:03 AM)MS-Ash Wrote: Your a very negative person Brad, it's just a god damn fake.
What, the world's going to end if I use it??

We don't tolerate fake beyblades, why would we tolerate fake Yu-Gi-Oh cards?

Your deck is really awful I'm sorry to say. As stated previously, it's just a bunch of splashed cards that have no synergy.

Also, why would you use a fake common? Actually, none of the fake cards in your deck are good.
It's effects...
OK NOW I THINK I'LL SPEND ABOUT $200 On some Yu-Gi-Oh Booster Boxes since it's so important to get a better deck.
I think my deck needs better cards, but in my opinion my stratergy for it is good, G, Beybrad and Synesthesia, let's stop this.
Oh and let's not make this thread ruined so let's stop arguing about this.
(Jun. 28, 2009  7:25 AM)MS-Ash Wrote: It's effects...
OK NOW I THINK I'LL SPEND ABOUT $200 On some Yu-Gi-Oh Booster Boxes since it's so important to get a better deck.

Singles are better.

Also, if you ever plan on beating anyone who's half decent, then yes you need a better deck.
But what is the key to a great deck?
Keep on buying?
I make decks so far with what i have.
And veryone think's badly of my decks.
(Jun. 28, 2009  7:37 AM)MS-Ash Wrote: Then what is the key to a great deck?

Though I don't play YGO, it's the same as every other card game, and even Beyblade: using all good cards that work together towards a single strategy.
I only thouught good cards were coming from their effects, the reason I ignored your reply is because I play Pokemon TCG, and almost all my deck consists of Rare Lv.X Promos, which are extremely good and rare cards.
My big brother used simple cards like Jolteon, Espeon, Maybe 1 Walrein, not something that says WOW.
And he beat me (EVERY SINGLE TIME)
I kept on customizing with a Rayquaza, Lugia Palkia Lv.X etc, and I never won.
(Jun. 21, 2009  6:56 PM)Gadget Wrote: Ew, Traditional. Also, a bit of advice, you should put more monsters in your deck and even everything out. I highly doubt this wins on the first turn.

you realy dont understand how the deck works.

4 things have to happen for it to be a FTK

Makura in the grave (very easy)
15 cards in the grave (easy)
very few cards in opponents grave (easy)
exchange of the spirit in hand (may take some draw power)

its faily simple to play i play all my draw spells hopefully summon a royal magical library i draw, i keep drawing untill i have the 4 condtions above

then i activate exchange. my opponent now has 0 cards left in deck. i then activate card destruction, hand destruction or dark world dealings and the loose.

also trad format is waaaay more diverse than advanced. theres a lot more playable decks in trad if you want a t1 deck in advanced you play LS ,BW or Catrocket
(Jun. 28, 2009  7:50 AM)MS-Ash Wrote: I only thouught good cards were coming from their effects, the reason I ignored your reply is because I play Pokemon TCG, and almost all my deck consists of Rare Lv.X Promos, which are extremely good and rare cards.
My big brother used simple cards like Jolteon, Espeon, Maybe 1 Walrein, not something that says WOW.
And he beat me (EVERY SINGLE TIME)
I kept on customizing with a Rayquaza, Lugia Palkia Lv.X etc, and I never won.

Decide how much money you're willing to invest, then look around online for deck ideas until you find one you like within your budget. After that you basically just tweak until your deck suits your playstyle.

If you plan to do anything competitive then you'll need to invest alot more into building a current Tier 1 deck. Competitive usually means Regional tournaments and up, along with Local tournaments that have really good players.

(Jun. 28, 2009  5:05 PM)Newt Wrote: also trad format is waaaay more diverse than advanced.theres a lot more playable decks in trad if you want a t1 deck in advanced you play LS ,BW or Catrocket

hahahahaha that's loaded as hell!

For those that didn't read much into what he said. He's basically saying that you have a wider variety of exceedingly consistent One/First Turn Kill decks in Traditional. Granted, the Tier 1 decks in advanced have OTK potentional, but they are NOWHERE near as consistent.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/#limited_trd

This is just a taste of what you get in Traditional:

Raigeki:

Destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

Harpie's Feather Duster:

Destroys all of your opponent's Spell and Trap Cards on the field.

Quality over quantity applies here I think. You can build so many decks that don't give the opponent a turn in Traditional, but that's the whole reason the Forbidden list exists: To slow stuff like that down.
not all decks in traditional are set out to OTK of FTK as a lot of them can be stopped by a well placed solemn or imperial order.

the only still competative OTKs in traditional that i know of are.
magical explosion FTK
exchange of the spirit FTK
Last turn FTK
Victory Dragon STG

But still theres so much variety in tradtional even with out the OTK or FTK decks. I watch a volcanic deck in trad beat a flull blown chaos deck i was funny as carp. its also waay harder to build a traditional deck of 40 cards given ny theme because there sooo much more you can coose from.

In advanced its only 3 decks and 2 of them are pretty much OTKs. Unless you wat to try and do well with t2 decks like plants, GB, fish or monarch.

TBH im stating to get sick of how bland the games getting. 11 round UK nationals i played 7 LS, 2GB, 1PCM and 1 anti meta. thats not realy what i call diverse.
(Jul. 02, 2009  12:37 AM)Newt Wrote: not all decks in traditional are set out to OTK of FTK as a lot of them can be stopped by a well placed solemn or imperial order.

But they all can, and should be able to easily. Every aspect of traditional is broken.

Here's your control cards that if more than one drawn at the same time will usually spell game:

Delinquent Duo, Confiscation, The Forceful Sentry, and Imperial Order all are extremely game-breaking forms of control that should have never been created.

Let's look at the draw power you have at your disposal:

Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, Mirage of Nightmare, Allure of Darkness, and Destiny Draw; I'm sure I'm missing some, but you get the point. I'll draw into whatever I need REALLY quickly.

If Traditional was ever made the main format again, some of the better players in the game would pioneer a few extremely powerful deck types, and games would be over in a matter of a few turns, just like it was before the forbidden list; In fact, worse because of how many more options you have now to OTK.

As of right now, there aren't enough Traditional players to even take anything going on there seriously. You can blow up your opponents entire field in multiple ways without losing ANY card advantage, that's enough for most people to disregard traditional as a vintage format to entertain less competitive players, which is what it is.
(Jul. 02, 2009  4:27 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: But they all can, and should be able to easily. Every aspect of traditional is broken.

Here's your control cards that if more than one drawn at the same time will usually spell game:

Delinquent Duo, Confiscation, The Forceful Sentry, and Imperial Order all are extremely game-breaking forms of control that should have never been created.

Let's look at the draw power you have at your disposal:

Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, Mirage of Nightmare, Allure of Darkness, and Destiny Draw; I'm sure I'm missing some, but you get the point. I'll draw into whatever I need REALLY quickly.

If Traditional was ever made the main format again, some of the better players in the game would pioneer a few extremely powerful deck types, and games would be over in a matter of a few turns, just like it was before the forbidden list; In fact, worse because of how many more options you have now to OTK.

As of right now, there aren't enough Traditional players to even take anything going on there seriously. You can blow up your opponents entire field in multiple ways without losing ANY card advantage, that's enough for most people to disregard traditional as a vintage format to entertain less competitive players, which is what it is.

Confiscation isnt broken you have to pay a 8th of your lp to take 1 card away from your opponent. Its a horrible late game topdeck and it was only ever good 1st turn.

Mirage of night mare was only good if you drew into MST or dust tornado so you didnt have to discard the cards. Also Dheros are terrible in traditional theres waaay better cards to play.

I like how you listed 2 sub par cards yet you forgot to mention yata CED and BLS. Traditional isnt for "less competative players" its for players who want to have fun with extremely broken cards and new deck types.

you have to admit top tier advanced play is boring and stale. At the moment its play 3 threatning roar or loose.
No, Traditional is for the richest people. Whoever has the best Chaos deck wins.
(Jul. 02, 2009  3:04 PM)Giga Wrote: No, Traditional is for the richest people. Whoever has the best Chaos deck wins.

But there just CCCC *cookie cutter chaos control* the decks are are almost if not completely identical. In reality its who ever gets the yata lock off first wins the game. I remeber goat format who ever summoned BLS-EotB first usually lost the round Most of the cards in Trad format have been reprinted alot of times and are cheap as chips.
(Jul. 02, 2009  2:19 PM)Newt Wrote: Confiscation isnt broken you have to pay a 8th of your lp to take 1 card away from your opponent. Its a horrible late game topdeck and it was only ever good 1st turn.

Mirage of night mare was only good if you drew into MST or dust tornado so you didnt have to discard the cards. Also Dheros are terrible in traditional theres waaay better cards to play.

I like how you listed 2 sub par cards yet you forgot to mention yata CED and BLS. Traditional isnt for "less competative players" its for players who want to have fun with extremely broken cards and new deck types.

you have to admit top tier advanced play is boring and stale. At the moment its play 3 threatning roar or loose.
Yep, a card is sub-par if it isn't a good late game top deck. Dark Armed Dragon is also a Sub-par card.

Confiscation is an amazing card. Pay 1000 to see your opponents hand, play around and disrupt their strategy by discarding a card. You are an awful player if you think confiscation is sub-par.

Mirage of Nightmare is good because of all the ridiculous draw power you have to compliment it, and take advantage of it. Running cards to mitigate it's drawback is extremely easy, and back when Traditional was a serious format it was used all the time to cycle.

Also, D-Heros can easily be ran in Traditional because of all the ridiculous amounts of revival you have. All it does is add more speed to decks. You have Destiny Hero - Disk Commander which nets you two cards when special summoned from the grave. You can run him along side Malicious for easy syncros, and more draw power via Destiny Draw. It's not really necessary to run them because of the fact you have Allure, Pot of Greed, and Graceful Charity which is more than enough to break your deck wide open, but having more drawpower gets you to your cards faster.

The reason I didn't mention Yata or CED is because they are two among several obvious reasons why Traditional is an unsupported joke format.

The reason why 'new decktypes' can be ran in Traditional is because competitive players don't bother spending their time developing decks which would become FTW/OTK cookie cutters for a dead format.

No, Top-Tier advanced play isn't boring or stale currently. Lightsworns, DaD Skill Drain, Blackwings, Gladiator Beast, and Syncro Cat are all top decks which can be played with great success. Only one out of those mentioned decks are a dedicated OTK deck, and it's a far cry from good compared to the OTK decks you have in Traditional. Also, most of those decks SIDE Threatening Roar because it isn't always necessary in the main.

Every support TCG/CCG format has top decks. The reason Traditional doesn't have any that dominate is because hardly anyone cares about the format except a few nostalgic players that want to play in an unsupported format with badly designed cards.
(Jul. 03, 2009  8:16 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Yep, a card is sub-par if it isn't a good late game top deck. Dark Armed Dragon is also a Sub-par card.

Confiscation is an amazing card. Pay 1000 to see your opponents hand, play around and disrupt their strategy by discarding a card. You are an awful player if you think confiscation is sub-par.
I loled when i read that my opinion on a card makes me a bad player?????.
Exactly how many Cvalue 2 tourneys have you won? and how many Cvalue 3 tourneys have you played in and what did you finish with?

i highly doubt youve won a jump or a reigonals id love to see your competative record but upperdeck removed them all.
(Jul. 06, 2009  10:09 PM)Newt Wrote: I loled when i read that my opinion on a card makes me a bad player?????.
Exactly how many Cvalue 2 tourneys have you won? and how many Cvalue 3 tourneys have you played in and what did you finish with?

i highly doubt youve won a jump or a reigonals id love to see your competative record but upperdeck removed them all.

Haha, let's completely ignore the fact that you said an amazing card was sub-par and ask irrelevant questions to attempt to make an awful point. Also, let's ignore every other point I made because you are awful at actual discussion, and had your ego hurt because I pointed out that you can't recognize why a great card is great.

Anyone who says Virgo is a sub-par beyblade because it's not good in EVERY situation is a bad player. This applies to you also, regardless of what your standings are. Also, you're arguing that Advanced is somehow worse than Traditional, so I'm lead to believe that you're just some one who spouts off absolute nonsense in a vain attempt to make a dead format seem appealing.

Your rankings/events you've won aren't relative to how good a player you are, for your information. It just means you've participated in more events, and had good results. Implying that some one isn't a good player because they don't have large amounts of tournament wins is like saying one of our staff members are awful at beyblade because they didn't have high rankings in the previous system.

I'm assuming this discussion is done now since you seem to be running out of decent rebuttals.

Please continue if you want further sully any bit of credibility you had here.
(Jul. 06, 2009  10:33 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: Haha, let's completely ignore the fact that you said an amazing card was sub-par and ask irrelevant questions to attempt to make an awful point. Also, let's ignore every other point I made because you are awful at actual discussion, and had your ego hurt because I pointed out that you can't recognize why a great card is great.

Anyone who says Virgo is a sub-par beyblade because it's not good in EVERY situation is a bad player. This applies to you also, regardless of what your standings are. Also, you're arguing that Advanced is somehow worse than Traditional, so I'm lead to believe that you're just some one who spouts off absolute nonsense in a vain attempt to make a dead format seem appealing.

Your rankings/events you've won aren't relative to how good a player you are, for your information. It just means you've participated in more events, and had good results. Implying that some one isn't a good player because they don't have large amounts of tournament wins is like saying one of our staff members are awful at beyblade because they didn't have high rankings in the previous system.

I'm assuming this discussion is done now since you seem to be running out of decent rebuttals.

Please continue if you want further sully any bit of credibility you had here.

Iceburn

YGO is srs bsns guize
(Jul. 07, 2009  1:03 AM)Roan Wrote: Iceburn

YGO is srs bsns guize

lol good point. I'm pretty much done with this discussion.

In anycase,

For those interested in how Blackwings perform, I'll be posting up a decklist soon, and probably tournament results in a week or two.
So your basically calling me a bad player for having an opinion on a card on the banned list and likening to play traditional every once in a while. You are wrong when you say rankings and events don’t matter. At the end of the day the winner of the tourneys is usually the best player on the day. As for overall rankings it shows how consistent you are with winning.
To me what defines a good player and a bad player is professionalism play style and winning constancy. By your attitude you seem to be the type of player who can talk the big game but can’t play the big game. I also bet you netdeck something rotten and whine and complain when you get beaten because you fail to read your opponents moves correctly.
I also lolled when you said GB is still tier 1 I really should turn around and call YOU a bad player. GB can only consistently beat on LS on the top tier and even then you need a lot of luck (no honests or guardnas) and a side deck to even stand a chance. I know this information because I’ve sat and tested it. GB would still be good if the Meta was slightly slower paced or it could slow the pace down but it was proved in tele-DAD format it’s just not quick enough.
Also post your BW deck lets see how many cards your away from the CC
I just started playing again. I've got a Remove/Macro Deck.

Monster:19
D.D. Survivor
D.D. Survivor
D.D. Survivor
D.D. Warrior Lady
D.D. Assailant
D.D. Scout Plane
Gren Maju Da Eiza
Gren Maju Da Eiza
Helios - The Primordial Sun
Golden Homunculus
Zaborg the Thunder Monarch
Mobius the Frost Monarch
Caius the Shadow Monarch
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
Majestic Mech - Ohka
Banisher of the Radiance
Banisher of the Radiance

Spell:12
Reinforcement of the Army
Lightning Vortex
Mystical Space Typhoon
Enemy Controller
Brain Control
D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation
Grand Convergence
Soul Release
Nobleman of Crossout
Dimensional Fissure
Dimensional Fissure
Dimensional Fissure

Trap:9
RftDD
BTH
BTH
BTH
Sakuretsu Armor
Sakuretsu Armor
Torrential Tribute
Macro Cosmos
Macro Cosmos

I'm also building an Elemental Hero deck.
Basically, running a yusei deck.
Lol sorry. Me.
What's a Yusei deck like? I don't watch 5D.