Defensive Counterattacker: Flame Aries ED145CS

I was fiddling with spare parts and found this gem of a combo, which has a high win rate against my Top Tier Attack Combos (though I did test with a Stamina Combo and a Defense combo to find out what type I was truly dealing with).

Here are the results of the battles I did.

Flame Aries VS Earth Bull 145WD in MFB attack Stadium

Earth Bull launches first

R1:Aries wins by outspin
R2:Bull wins by outspin
R3Grinraw
R4:Bull wins by outspin
R5:Aries wins by outspin
R6:Bull wins by outspin
R7:Bull wins by outspin
R8:Aries wins by KO
R9Grinraw
R10:Bull wins by outspin

So,it's not a Stamina type,getting about 45% win rate against another Stamina type.

Next,I tested its Attack capabilities. This is where things got a bit interesting.

Flame Aries VS MF-H Earth Bull C145WB in MFB Attack Stadium

Earth Bull Launches first

R1:Aries wins by outspin
R2Grinraw
R3:Aries wins by outspin
R4:Bull wins by outspin
R5:Bull wins by outspin
R6:Aries wins by outspin
R7:Aries wins by KO
R8:Bull wins by outspin
R9Grinraw
R10:Bull wins by outspin

A little better, getting 55% against a pure Defensive type. But the way it handled itself in the battle got me thinking. It actually reacted more when the other Bey hit it a lot...

I tried an Attack Type.

Flame Aries VS Ray Pegasis 100RF

R1:Aries by outspin
R2:Aries by outspin
R3Grinraw
R4:Aries by KO
R5Tongue_outegasis by KO
R6:Aries by outspin
R7Tongue_outegasis by KO
R8:Aries by KO
R9:Aries by outspin
R10:Aries By outspin

An 80% win rate. Not too shabby for something I cobbled together out of boredom.

This combo is not without drawbacks,however. It's extremely tall and thin, and would lose balance easily if struck. It's primarily made for countering Attackers, but it's really a Balance type- not really good in many areas.

Try it out and tell me what you think.
hmm..... I like it! its funny cause my friend had a Flame Aries ED145B and it failed completely. goes to show you that even something small like a tip change can make such a difference! too bad it only works well against attack types. maybe you could try another metal wheel and see what you get?
Hrmmm....well, I can always try. Any suggestions?
Stadium?
(Oct. 24, 2010  2:09 AM)mchlbant Wrote: Stadium?

Pardon? I listed using them in the MFB attack Stadium...

(Oct. 24, 2010  2:09 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Flame Aries VS Earth Bull 145WD in MFB attack Stadium

(Oct. 24, 2010  2:09 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Hrmmm....well, I can always try. Any suggestions?

hmm... well what wheels do you currently own?
I have found a similar case with a bey, earth( second mold) escolpoio t125hf it won most of the time against the combo lightning l drago ch120rf by stoping it's attack. I'm pretty sure hen to opposing vectors going in opposite directions, with the same magnitude collide, they cancel each other out. Most attackers rely on heavy recoil which is why to attack type beys bounce of eath other when they collide. If we get a metal wheel with low recoil such as earth and add a metal face on top, with the rush of an attack type, it will cause the recoil on lldrago to work against itself and ll drago will bouce really hard away, as i noticed. Kai-V can you check my physics if it is right cause I'm not 100% sure if it's right. So if you have more attack such as a botom as cs (which i don't have) you could test that as well as adding a metal face to both beys and testing it in a fair stadium. If given more attack it could beat stamina types and with cs it could possibly outspin pure defense types. Maybe balacne types could become useful?!
(Oct. 24, 2010  2:13 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote:

(Oct. 24, 2010  2:09 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Flame Aries VS Earth Bull 145WD in MFB attack Stadium

(Oct. 24, 2010  2:09 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Hrmmm....well, I can always try. Any suggestions?

Rock,Dark,Earth,Storm,Flame and Ray.
(Oct. 24, 2010  2:19 AM)BlackAce Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2010  2:13 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote:

Rock,Dark,Earth,Storm,Flame and Ray.

ya im thinking it might be interesting to see how ray works in this type of combo

thanks for the info on this combo btw!
Tried this and it seems to do pretty well against attack types. Battled it briefly against a quetz, ray and pegasis combo and it did alright. Wondering now how this would do with RSF instead of CS.
Those are really good results against Attack Types. I'm just wondering how CS may do with a MF and Earth, but it's a very good combo you've found there.
Awesome combo !
I really want to test this out but using Aries is just urgh.
Thanks for the testing though.
(Oct. 26, 2010  6:41 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: Those are really good results against Attack Types. I'm just wondering how CS may do with a MF and Earth, but it's a very good combo you've found there.

the whole pupose behind this is just like i explained before so rsf and rs would definetly not work since the bey has to have an agressive pattern. I discovered this with earth escpolpio t125jb because it had an agressive movement pattern. Flame aries is not the best example of this but a prime example people should test out is MF Earth Bull t125cs. of course i don't have these parts but mabye someone who has them could test it out.

here's my video (now i know why it works) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgWjoVqrT7o
(Oct. 26, 2010  11:21 PM)masterofallbeys Wrote: people should test out MF Earth Bull t125cs.

I have D125, which may be close enough.

Anyway, back on topic - the thread is for Flame Aries ED145CS. =)