Death Discussion

To be honest, the difference between an MF and an MF-H is quite minute, so it is not that big a difference. You both were more or less evenly matched.
I hope this ain't off topic.
(Nov. 28, 2011  2:28 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: To be honest, the difference between an MF and an MF-H is quite minute, so it is not that big a difference. You both were more or less evenly matched.
I hope this ain't off topic.

Dont worry, its not.

Just wanted to support Th!nk's hypothesis. I know that the difference is minute, because I was pointing out that something a few grams weaker can be beast in a tournament situation.
Logically speaking, Death is not a weight-based Defense wheel.
Its a low-recoil wheel.
More weight= Lesser recoil, and less KOes.
More weight around the center= Lesser stamina.

As Death is already low on recoil and hence tough to KO, its better to place an MF on it instead of MF-H, so as to avoid the degradation of stamina qualities. Not to mention- Death sucks for stamina. Smile If it had been me, I would enter with a normal plastic facebolt on Death...
(Nov. 28, 2011  2:43 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Logically speaking, Death is not a weight-based Defense wheel.
Its a low-recoil wheel.
More weight= Lesser recoil, and less KOes.
More weight around the center= Lesser stamina.

As Death is already low on recoil and hence tough to KO, its better to place an MF on it instead of MF-H, so as to avoid the degradation of stamina qualities. Not to mention- Death sucks for stamina. Smile If it had been me, I would enter with a normal plastic facebolt on Death...

Death has low recoil, but it is still extremely heavy. The weight is why it is the successor to Earth - it has Earth-esque recoil, with a LOT more weight behind it.

The difference between MF and MF-H is 0.6-0.7g, iirc, and technically in a matchup like that, you would have a better chance of winning with the lighter one. But, it also depends on the condition of the CS and the launch technique - if he was using a launch dedicated to tornado stalling, it'd be quite easy for him to win.

So few people truly appreciate and understand the numerous tactics available to you when you utilize CS...
So true... I actually switched to using MF-M/L/F mostly because of the advantage in the mirror, and the weight of Death/Phantom you don't really need the MFH to stand up to Vari or Blitz etc.

And yeah CS is infinitely cool lol
(Nov. 23, 2011  1:29 AM)Hazel Wrote: Well, what I'm seeing is that Death and Basalt performed nearly identically.

So that is technically valuable information.

But that was only against each other, and in a match that hinges on height advantage. To see if they perform identically overall, you should test mirror combos, Basalt TH170CS vs. Death TH170CS, and then BD145CS etc... then test the same combos against Blitz 100RF, VariAres Ch120RF, Beat GB145RF or whatever attack wheels/combos you have/like using, I mean you know this already I'm sure, but it would be great if you could do you something like that, there are only a few Death/Basalt comparisons posted.
When I've got the money available to throw away on buying duplicates of every part worth having, sure. I post test results out of my own interests, not due to some obligation to be a beyblade martyr.

I have, informally(as in, without specifically recording results, but otherwise proceeding as normal), tested Death BD145CS and TH170 heights against Blitz and Beat combos. The only thing that stood out was Death BD145CS doing as well as Basalt - and TH170 combos being easier to KO than Basalt combos. Noticably so.
Death versus Blitz (and comparative with Duo).

MF Blitz Unicorno II 90R2F vs MF-H Death Aquario BD145CS
Blitz: 6/20 = 30% (All KO)
Death: 14/20 = 70% (13OS, 1KO)

Blitz pushed it around really nicely, with a bit more practice I might be able to get Blitz's winrate up a few points, but yeah, Death is solid.

That said, Death does seem easier to land hits on than Duo, thanks to the winged sections of its core.

By comparison, I only did 10 rounds with Duo because it 100%'d Blitz. Even did two more after this just to check it wasn't me messing it up, but nope, Duo has less recoil.

Will have a test vs phantom in terms of stamina later, and I'll post duo vs phantom and duo vs death over in the duo thread. That's the plan, anyway, I've realised there's a lot of testing to be done!

MF Death Cancer AD145WD vs MF Phantom Cancer AD145WD

MF’s to reduce recoil, Equal wear on WD’s (both have been used for equal rounds of tests against each other today, and were mint at start), swapped after 5 rounds, replaced with completely fresh WD's after 10 rounds, swapped after 15. Alternating launches, Phantom launched first R1

Phantom: 14/20 = 70% (all OS)
Death: 6/20 = 30% (5OS, 1KO)

Closer than Duo, Phantom relied on WD’s LAD. Death seems to have a similar ability to basalt, though, grinding down the opponent.

Comparative Tests with Duo
Could somebody test Death anything s130 MF vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs bd145 mb/cs? I would test it but I have to study for tests. I have been messing around with it in my free time and it does ok against this
Chrisfire360

MF-M Death Uranus S130MF(Attack Mode) MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS

DU:10 OS 3 KO

BB: 7 KO

2nd Testing

MF-M Death Uranus S130MF (Defense Mode) Vs. MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS

DU:5 OS 5 KO
BB: 10 KO

Defense on Death is worse that all I have to say. The core of Death is preventing BD145 on Basalt from Spin Stealing

Overall it nice but BD145MF on Death is way better But S130MF is better in Attack Mode after all
Spin-stealing can't occur with two beyblades of the same spin-direction.

By referring to it as spin-stealing in the first place would mean one of the beys would actually be taking spin away from the opposing beyblade and not giving any back. We don't have a single beyblade with that capability.
I have a few tests here. I really hope they help I want to contribute the right way.

Phantom Cancer AD145WD vs. Death Cancer AD145WD
Phantom: 8/20 (3KO 5OS)
Death: 12/20 (All OS)

Mold Switch
Sonokong Phantom Cancer AD145WD vs. Death Cancer AD145WD
Phantom:19/20 (1KO 18OS)
Death: 1/20(1OS)

My phantom which is takara version had a lot of trouble with Death for the most part. When I switched and used Bluezee's sonokong phantom, results were a lot different. His is heavier than mine weighing 48.89 grams and mine at 46.05 grams.
49g!?! Are you sure?
Anyway, Which modes where both wheels in?
(Dec. 21, 2011  12:21 AM)Bleik Wrote: 49g!?! Are you sure?
Anyway, Which modes where both wheels in?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Weight-i...n-testings
Phantom was in Stamina mode as well as Death. Attack mode did not provide different results.
(Dec. 21, 2011  12:26 AM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: Phantom was in Stamina mode as well as Death. Attack mode did not provide different results.

Death does not have a Stamina Mode.
My apologizes. I meant to say defense mode. I was thinking of Duo at the moment.
49g ? are you sure, because teh normal weight of a phantom is 42-42.8 g, and sonokong has 44g maximum
49g and 46g is impossible
have you some photos?
More importantly, was the scale calibrated with a good calibration weight?
(Dec. 21, 2011  7:19 PM)th!nk Wrote: More importantly, was the scale calibrated with a good calibration weight?

Yes. They were weighed and the scale was reset and recalibrated multiple times before and after these tests. This is not the only one that is like this. Every sonokong mold I own or Bluezee own of the newer beyblades are much heavier.
Wow some really great testing! i am really suprised stock death beat Basalt BD145CS,can't wait to get my death and start doing some testing Smile
spin sonic that´s impossible, 49 g is to much for a phantom, the maximum for a sonokong is 44 g, and 46 g for TT phantom is to much too
Have you some photos or a video?
If the scales are calibrated then we have little reason to doubt it, why would someone bother to fabricate weights for that kind of thing?

Though, Spin-Sonic, it would be cool if you could weigh a wheel we know has a fairly steady weight (Flame may be a good choice), from Pre-4D, just to eliminate every possibility with the scales Smile
I know it's a pain, but I'm sure you understand why we're all a little cautious given how extreme that weight seems Tongue_out
(Dec. 22, 2011  5:05 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: spin sonic that´s impossible, 49 g is to much for a phantom, the maximum for a sonokong is 44 g, and 46 g for TT phantom is to much too
Have you some photos or a video?

You really need to read the thread I linked earlier. http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Weight-i...n-testings

If Basalt can vary by 5-6g, so can Phantom.
ehh a basalt which wieghts 49 or 50 grams is not 5-6 g heavier and I read the thread, and phantom can´t, only when you would make it from an other material, did you ever see a phantom which weights 46 g ? I think no