Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos

My main combo during War Room was Libra 100D, apparently it did ok. Haven't tried it with a metal face though, but I have a feeling it might impede performance.
(Jul. 13, 2009  12:47 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: Thoughts on:

MF (or not) Libra 105/100 B/D/WB?

I've seen this in action in a youtube video and it looks like a stable defensive combo. The low center of gravity and defensive bottom to stand its ground and the Libra Wheel makes it harder for RF combos to get underneath it.

Viable or wishful thinking?

Metal hitting metal will produce more recoil than metal hitting free-moving plastic.
That makes sense, but since MF Libra 90/100/105 D/B/WB would be heavier than the attack type, wouldn't the recoil effect Libra less than the attack type? With a MF, the weight would be very centralized, which would be good for restabilizing after a jarring hit.
It's still safer to use C145 IMO.
(Jul. 13, 2009  4:24 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: That makes sense, but since MF Libra 90/100/105 D/B/WB would be heavier than the attack type, wouldn't the recoil effect Libra less than the attack type? With a MF, the weight would be very centralized, which would be good for restabilizing after a jarring hit.

I tested it just for results sake, as Brad said recoil led to much more KO's, yes it certainly was more stable after the hit however the RF attacker, in this case Storm 90RF managed to get it out of the center for more hits leading to more KO's from a strong opening hit from the center or stamina loss. The KO likely hood was definitely noticeable as well. The MF Libra C145B had less of a recoil which seemingly led to less KO's from the center and not moving outward from recoil as much less closer to the outside edge in following chance hits.

Factors could be Stadium type (MFB Attack Type), and shooting tech, I just know sliding shoot so I can't really change it up for a possibly better one.
(Jul. 13, 2009  6:47 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: I tested it just for results sake, as Brad said recoil led to much more KO's, yes it certainly was more stable after the hit however the RF attacker, in this case Storm 90RF managed to get it out of the center for more hits leading to more KO's from a strong opening hit from the center or stamina loss. The KO likely hood was definitely noticeable as well. The MF Libra C145B had less of a recoil which seemingly led to less KO's from the center and not moving outward from recoil as much less closer to the outside edge in following chance hits.

Factors could be Stadium type (MFB Attack Type), and shooting tech, I just know sliding shoot so I can't really change it up for a possibly better one.

Thank you for testing it, and confirming how useful/useless it is.
Just wondering why is the storm wheel good for attack since it is very smoothe
Most MFB are smooth. However the three protrusions stick out enough to give it smash attack. Effective one too.
(Jul. 11, 2009  2:22 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: Well what bottom you got with the libra combo at the moment ?

sorry for the slow reply but atm its libra D125b
(Jul. 18, 2009  3:16 PM)Khel Wrote: Most MFB are smooth. However the three protrusions stick out enough to give it smash attack. Effective one too.

why wouldn't the pegasus wheel be better cause the protrutions on that are much better?
(Jul. 18, 2009  5:28 PM)Megablader Wrote: why wouldn't the pegasus wheel be better cause the protrutions on that are much better?

Try it and see for yourself.
sorry i know im not being exact with any specifics but: why isnt there any balanced combo's?

that is a blade type right, they're: attack, defence, endurance, balance. but there are not good balance combo's here.

do they just all suck or somethign?
watch the video on types and you'll see
(Jul. 24, 2009  3:45 AM)axe_ninja Wrote: sorry i know im not being exact with any specifics but: why isnt there any balanced combo's?

that is a blade type right, they're: attack, defence, endurance, balance. but there are not good balance combo's here.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Competit...#pid168117
There are no balance combos listed because there are no competitive balance combos atm
(Jul. 24, 2009  3:48 AM)Aqua Wrote: There are no balance combos listed because there are no competitive balance combos atm

wow thats a lil bit inbalanced (no pun was intended there, that would be cheesey). ahh man thats lame, i always likes balance the best, they flew around the ring bashing the opponent, but not too winldly. hmm, gonna havta think about what im gonna do then.

thank you for the help
(Jul. 24, 2009  3:45 AM)axe_ninja Wrote: sorry i know im not being exact with any specifics but: why isnt there any balanced combo's?

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw9F9t2_ugY
So I've been doing an abnormal amount of tinkering with heights recently and while the heights aspect has yet to be completed, I've come to a conclusion about the Storm 105RF combo.

With regards to the Storm wheel specifically, not taking into account Quetz as I do not have the metal wheel yet, 105 is not a competitive combo. It had a lower win rate than a Sag 100RF combo versus stamina types, and is below the 15% margin on wins versus most of the Libra competitive combo's.

For now I'd leave Quetz with 90/100/105RF it makes sense actually, the striking point seems lower on it than Storm, and it seems to be wider than Storm as well. However for Storm 105 is just not good enough to be considered competitive.

Essentially the only competitive combo's for Storm are: (Metal Faced*) Storm 90/100 RF

*Debatable and best chalked up as an option, but for me the Metal Face has been more reliable. Further, MF Storm 100RF performs much better than Storm 105RF.
I have both tracks too although not a 90 unfortunately..
And I have found the exact opposite.. there is little difference for me in using 100 or 105.. ofcourse I use 100 because lower is better.. but all in all I win the same games..with both tracks.
105 has been removed from the Attack-type combos.
(Jul. 31, 2009  10:48 PM)Ghost Wrote: I have both tracks too although not a 90 unfortunately..
And I have found the exact opposite.. there is little difference for me in using 100 or 105.. ofcourse I use 100 because lower is better.. but all in all I win the same games..with both tracks.
this! i believe 105 shouldnt be removed.
(Aug. 01, 2009  10:42 AM)pegasis Wrote: this! i believe 105 shouldnt be removed.

Do you have 100 and 90?
no, but my i feel that my pegasis105RF is the strongest from my blades and i always win with it versus good defence combos.
even if 100 is better. 105 is still one of the strongest!?
(Aug. 01, 2009  11:30 AM)pegasis Wrote: no, but my i feel that my pegasis105RF is the strongest from my blades and i always win with it versus good defence combos.
even if 100 is better. 105 is still one of the strongest!?

What are your "good" Defense combos, exactly? Is it MF Libra C145WB/B? This topic is for competitive, top-tier Beyblades, not "good enough" Beyblades. You're only saying this because you want your uncustomized Storm Pegasis to still be considered "competitive". It's not. It's still good, but it isn't enough to win against "professional" players. We have actual tests to back this stuff up (Hiro Ayami will be posting them in a second).

While I'm posting, I'll mention that Quetzalcoatl 100RF did not fare nearly as well Vs. MF Libra C145WB as Quetzalcoatl 90RF. The reasoning for this is Quetzalcoatl's raised attack points:

[Image: th_Quetzalcoatl90WF_2_1.jpg]

Even with 90, RF is so tall that the Attack points just barely reach underneath Libra for Upper Attack. 100 is too tall to land decent hits on Libra. I'm actually tempted to remove 100 from Quetzalcoatl as competitive (not like you'd have Quetzalcoatl and not 90, anyways.)