Thread Rating:
  • 45 Votes - 4.31 Average

Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos

Not only nerfing libra, but nerfing defense as a whole type imo..
Jun 28 2009 04:55 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
ZenX

WBO TR: Online
Amethyst Face

(Jun 28 2009 03:43 PM)Crimson Wrote:  Yes.
That's pretty much Takara-Tomys way of nerfing Libra usage.

(Jun 28 2009 04:55 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Not only nerfing libra, but nerfing defense as a whole type imo..

Though, in a way its rightful on their side as they're releasing defensive Beyblades that are rendered obsolete directly in their release when compared with Libra variations; such as the Rock wheel and probably the Earth wheel if Libra is being allowed to be used with MF whereas a Libra D125WB is already a wall that the additional 5,5 grams availible weight enhacement turns it does not enhace it that much but help other parts to raise to its stats, which indeed is nerfing only Libra and trying to give chance to other defensive parts in the competitive play Grin

Additionally, the list should include MF Virgo C145WB as a defense type as well, test it and you'll see.
Jun 28 2009 06:51 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT
Lapis Lazuli FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceAmethyst FaceFace of WarPeridot FaceKiva FacePainite FacePegasis FaceBrad FaceBull FaceBrad FaceGold FacePassport FaceFace of Days IIFace of RevolutionFace of Days IV

The thing is though, Libra is the only Wheel that even stands a chance against competitive RF combos. If you try to use Rock or anything else it'll get torn apart. If TT wants to do this, they need to release some better Defense bottoms. As it stands now, a weight limit is totally unnecessary.

I no longer manage nor work for the WBO. Do not PM or e-mail me questions about Beyblade! I will not respond!
Jun 28 2009 09:37 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
fragbait

WBO's First Zombie
Amber FaceAntique Face

(Jun 28 2009 09:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:  The thing is though, Libra is the only Wheel that even stands a chance against competitive RF combos. If you try to use Rock or anything else it'll get torn apart. If TT wants to do this, they need to release some better Defense bottoms. As it stands now, a weight limit is totally unnecessary.

Agreed. We don't have to worry about that though, who here plays by TT's rules anyway? Pinching_grin
Jun 28 2009 09:39 PM

(Jun 28 2009 09:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:  The thing is though, Libra is the only Wheel that even stands a chance against competitive RF combos. If you try to use Rock or anything else it'll get torn apart. If TT wants to do this, they need to release some better Defense bottoms. As it stands now, a weight limit is totally unnecessary.

What kind of defense bottom would be good enough to stand a chance to competitive RF combo's?
Jun 28 2009 09:46 PM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT
Lapis Lazuli FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceAmethyst FaceFace of WarPeridot FaceKiva FacePainite FacePegasis FaceBrad FaceBull FaceBrad FaceGold FacePassport FaceFace of Days IIFace of RevolutionFace of Days IV

(Jun 28 2009 09:46 PM)Ghost Wrote:  What kind of defense bottom would be good enough to stand a chance to competitive RF combo's?

Rubber Ball.

I no longer manage nor work for the WBO. Do not PM or e-mail me questions about Beyblade! I will not respond!
Jun 28 2009 09:50 PM

Has a tip like that ever been released in plastic/hms?
Jun 28 2009 09:52 PM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT

(Jun 28 2009 09:52 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Has a tip like that ever been released in plastic/hms?

Not that I can recall, no. However, if they use a hard rubber like RF, it should be fine.

Jun 28 2009 09:56 PM

(Jun 28 2009 09:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:  Not that I can recall, no. However, if they use a hard rubber like RF, it should be fine.

Ofcourse but the reason I ask is, if they never did on previous systems.. why would they do so now?

How would a metal ball perform vs wide ball?
Jun 28 2009 09:59 PM
fragbait

WBO's First Zombie
Amber FaceAntique Face

(Jun 28 2009 09:59 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Ofcourse but the reason I ask is, if they never did on previous systems.. why would they do so now?

Because this is a whole new generation, meant to leave the past behind I think. If they want to keep the game fresh and exciting, they need to keep up with innovations, such as Rubber Flat. A Rubber Ball would be very intriguing...
Jun 28 2009 10:01 PM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT

(Jun 28 2009 09:59 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Ofcourse but the reason I ask is, if they never did on previous systems.. why would they do so now?

I'm not sure what kind of logic this is. FS never existed in previous systems either. It'd be silly to expect that they won't release any types of parts that we've never seen before.

They have done rubber tips in a shape similar to D before, so I don't see why something like that is out of the question.

Metal Ball would have less friction, but if it was free-spinning such as Sea Dragon's it could have a bit higher Defense.

Jun 28 2009 10:01 PM

FS resembles Driger S' tip imo...

I get what you mean though, but still I don't think we'll be seeing a rubber ball anytime soon..
Jun 28 2009 10:17 PM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT

(Jun 28 2009 10:17 PM)Ghost Wrote:  FS resembles Driger S' tip imo...

I get what you mean though, but still I don't think we'll be seeing a rubber ball anytime soon..

You're basing this on absolutely nothing ...

Jun 28 2009 10:18 PM

(Jun 28 2009 10:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:  You're basing this on absolutely nothing ...

Basing it on an assumption, ofcourse I have no hard facts to back it up..
But I simply believe its more logical for them to release tips they already created with plastic and hms..

Don't get me wrong, I would really really love a Rubber Ball, cuz I like Libra and I like defensive blades..

But I still have my doubts..
Jun 28 2009 10:25 PM
BladeBee

Hip Hip Hooray!
Aries FaceAntique Face

Why do you list a combo for every type cept Balance?

Is there no good balance combo or something?

[Image: BladeBee_Signature.jpg]
Jun 28 2009 11:23 PM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT

(Jun 28 2009 11:23 PM)BladeBee Wrote:  Why do you list a combo for every type cept Balance?

Is there no good balance combo or something?

dingdingding

Jun 28 2009 11:25 PM
Jsc

Virgo FaceAntique FaceL Drago Face
(This post was last modified: Jun 28 2009 11:46 PM by Jsc.)
Hmmm.... How would a Rubber FS be? It would be good for attack and defense. That would be a good balace tip right? A mix of RF and Rubber Ball
Jun 28 2009 11:45 PM

How does FS resemble a ball?
Jun 28 2009 11:49 PM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT

(Jun 28 2009 11:45 PM)jsc Wrote:  Hmmm.... How would a Rubber FS be? It would be good for attack and defense. That would be a good balace tip right? A mix of RF and Rubber Ball

That would be pretty neat, but I imagine the sharp part would wear off quite fast ...

Jun 28 2009 11:49 PM
Jsc

Virgo FaceAntique FaceL Drago Face

(Jun 28 2009 11:49 PM)Ghost Wrote:  How does FS resemble a ball?

Well since it would be rubber a ball wouldnt be neccesary because the rubber would grip better even if it was thinner.

But it would wear down pretty fast...Pinching_eyes_2
Jun 29 2009 12:00 AM