Card Game.

What was your favorite card game as a child? it can be anywere from yu-gi-oh, pokemon, to regular deck of cards. if you choose regular sdeck of cards, explain oyur favorite game with them! Smile

Also im planning on making my own card game using a regular deck of cards. wanna give suggestions? i cant think of anything xD (credits will be given if you helped Grin)

btw for those of you who dont know, a regular deck of cards are the cards with jack, queen, king, ace, 2-10, all marked with either a heart, spade, diamond or clover Tongue_out
I would have to say Pokemon. Too bad my dad was always better than me at it.
Yu-Gi-Oh! was really the only card game I ever got into as a kid, and I still play today. It's just really fun.
(Sep. 10, 2009  2:36 AM)fragbait Wrote: I would have to say Pokemon. Too bad my dad was always better than me at it.

lol, i used to play pokemon 24/7 with my brother. the only time we stoped was to trade cards, go buy more, or watch the show xD by the time we got tired of it, he gave me all his cards and we had like over 8 thousand xD prob alot more. i only counted like 6k and then stoped lol. it was like halfway done if i remember right. all i know is that i had ALOT xD they got stolen though D:

and i like rarely beat my brother btw. he was pro xD

(Sep. 10, 2009  2:39 AM)Roan Wrote: Yu-Gi-Oh! was really the only card game I ever got into as a kid, and I still play today. It's just really fun.

i played yu gi oh ever sincei t first came out. i stoped actually only a few weeks ago when i gave them to my friend for a really big psp mem stick xD although i kinda ripped myself off Tongue_out i couldve boguth the psp stick for 40 bucks and i hd enoguh cards to sell for at LEAST 200. friend tried to buy for 400 xD
Duel Masters, still play it to this day (online).
YGO, and then MTG kicked it out the door for me.
(Sep. 10, 2009  2:51 AM)Hyuuga Neji Wrote: YGO, and then MTG kicked it out the door for me.

whats mtg stand for? o.o
(Sep. 10, 2009  3:22 AM)fragbait Wrote: Magic the Gathering

ohhhh i remember that game. my brother introduced me to it about 3-4 years ago. i never learned how to play it properly cause my brother kept changing the rules and wouldnt lemme read his rule book Unhappy
Beyblade: The Collectible Card Game
(Sep. 10, 2009  4:04 AM)To Wrote: Beyblade: The Collectible Card Game

there was a beyblade card game? :o
(Sep. 10, 2009  4:28 AM)DecroX01 Wrote: there was a beyblade card game? :o

Dude, it's the only reason I even joined this forum. That, and I needed fashion tips from Brad, and Annie.

Duel Masters

Easy to pick up and play and I really had no rare cards in my decks. Besides from Phantasmal Horror Gigzabal and a few Chimeras lol
(Sep. 10, 2009  2:39 AM)Roan Wrote: Yu-Gi-Oh! was really the only card game I ever got into as a kid, and I still play today. It's just really fun.

It's also become very hard to beat people now but yeah, it was the same for me, I think I did Pokemon for a little bit as well but that just didn't cut it for me.

I do like doing many different games with standard cards as well, my fav being sevens.
Pokemon, although i havent ever battled with them XD only used to trade with the boys in shcool lol.

Yu-Gi-Oh, this game is awesome... but i lost all of my cards now... and no one still plays it.

the regular decks. of course, we play a game in it, where we split into teams made out of 2 persons. each two should make a secret move that only they know about (ex: saying something, or puting his hand on his head etc).then the game starts, the goal is to gather 4 cards of the same number.. when you do.. you cant say i did, you have to make that move so your friend can realize that you have them and then your friends says HE DID or something. but be careful, if the other teams saw you making a weird move, they can just say STOP and they will get the points.

donno if i made it clear, but lol its really fun Wink
ahahaha the beyblade ccg
CCG's didn't really exist when I was really young. M:tG came out when I was in Middle School, got really into it for a few years back then. I quit playing somewhere around Mirage, stopped collecting at Weatherlight. I've got something like 250,000 cards spanning from Beta through Weatherlight.
poker. played it since i was nine. now i'm thirteen. Currently learning card counting for 21
When I was REALLY young, I taught myself to play about 150 different variants on solitaire, some requiring 8 full decks of cards. I'd play for days on end, analyzing patterns and parameters...
(Sep. 10, 2009  7:23 PM)Spinster Wrote: When I was REALLY young, I taught myself to play about 150 different variants on solitaire, some requiring 8 full decks of cards. I'd play for days on end, analyzing patterns and parameters...

8 full decks Chocked_2, one alone must have taken forever.

I can say that I have really got into Uno as well, is pretty fun and Uno extreme is really funny, espically when my Uncle keeps getting a load of cards. XD
(Sep. 10, 2009  7:18 PM)Spinster Wrote: CCG's didn't really exist when I was really young. M:tG came out when I was in Middle School, got really into it for a few years back then. I quit playing somewhere around Mirage, stopped collecting at Weatherlight. I've got something like 250,000 cards spanning from Beta through Weatherlight.

Sell them.
Buy more Bey.
Everyone wins!
Actually, I've been intending on selling them for some time. Problem is, they're not sorted by any means and I've never really sold any sort of collectibles before, don't really know how to go about it.
(Sep. 10, 2009  11:17 PM)Spinster Wrote: Actually, I've been intending on selling them for some time. Problem is, they're not sorted by any means and I've never really sold any sort of collectibles before, don't really know how to go about it.

Hm, normally with any kind of trading card you try and sell the rare ones by themself and sell the others together but I don't know anything about the CCG's.
CCG was just the term originally used for TCG's. Somewhere along the line the focus changed from Collecting to Trading. Always seemed kinda silly to me, you have to collect before you can trade.
(Sep. 10, 2009  11:25 PM)Spinster Wrote: CCG was just the term originally used for TCG's. Somewhere along the line the focus changed from Collecting to Trading. Always seemed kinda silly to me, you have to collect before you can trade.

Well, they might be worthless then, it depends on how many people still play with them/collect them. I think YuGiOh cards only sell because it became such a big thing.