CLOSE THIS; IT'S BEEN UNDOABLE DUE TO RULESET

Poll: Should I Host More Competitions???

Yes, these are good!
100.00%
No, you suck!
0%
Total: 100% 5 vote(s)
Sorry that I didn't post, just disqualify me right now, because I was really busy with stuffs.
(Apr. 02, 2014  9:21 PM)The Ninja Wrote: Sorry that I didn't post, just disqualify me right now, because I was really busy with stuffs.

You dont need to post, you just need to PM me and you have the option to post afterward! Either way, results for that round will go into the OP! No worries!

EDIT: The March 31st deadline was just to register!
Oh!! Gotcha! I will try to make a video ASAP
(Apr. 02, 2014  10:00 PM)The Ninja Wrote: Oh!! Gotcha! I will try to make a video ASAP

OK, cool!
I haven't received any entries yet, the deadline is almost here! I need the entries in very soon!
(Apr. 12, 2014  3:20 PM)sarabscientist Wrote: What's going on with this?

I'm updating the deadline. I've gotten no entries at all so I'm extending the deadline
Alright, and I hope everyone who said that they would enter actually are still participating. If not, I'm kinda disappointed. But anyway, we'll see how this rolls out.
I think the one thing that made the competition a little hard was filming footage yourself. Not everyone has time to go out and film things and then go home and edit. Tongue_out

Maybe allow people to take videos from other sources but not completely copy them? And add it in the credits section of the video as well.
If something was broadcasted and the person wanted to use that footage, then I think they should be able to use that footage.

But I do understand the concern over people taking a pre-made and edited video and placing those in their own video.
(Apr. 15, 2014  10:55 PM)TakasuMouce Wrote: I think the one thing that made the competition a little hard was filming footage yourself. Not everyone has time to go out and film things and then go home and edit. Tongue_out

Maybe allow people to take videos from other sources but not completely copy them? And add it in the credits section of the video as well.
If something was broadcasted and the person wanted to use that footage, then I think they should be able to use that footage.

But I do understand the concern over people taking a pre-made and edited video and placing those in their own video.

I agree with you fully, but the videos being pulled from the internet would be plagiarism. We wouldn't be certain if the entrant got permission from the original creator. If I allowed internet pullings with original producer's permission, havoc might be wreaked from the very beginning.
(Apr. 15, 2014  11:28 PM)The Troll Wrote: I agree with you fully, but the videos being pulled from the internet would be plagiarism. We wouldn't be certain if the entrant got permission from the original creator. If I allowed internet pullings with original producer's permission, havoc might be wreaked from the very beginning.

Yep. But through a few websites that I've been looking at, and Dictionary.com, plagiarism is basically taking someone's work and then claiming it to be yours.

Of course, if entries included a section where they gave credit to were they got their material, it would not be plagiarism.

I think the idea you're getting at is more of "What if the author doesn't want someone using their material?" In which I respond with an answer of "Maybe... Add a note that states that if any owner of the material of the video wants it removed, they have the right to do so...?"
Usually people don't have a problem with others using their work [as long as credit is given] but if the problem raised the note would help settle it. It shouldn't grow too big either because it wasn't used for business/money making purposes in the first place.
(Apr. 16, 2014  12:59 AM)TakasuMouce Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2014  11:28 PM)The Troll Wrote: I agree with you fully, but the videos being pulled from the internet would be plagiarism. We wouldn't be certain if the entrant got permission from the original creator. If I allowed internet pullings with original producer's permission, havoc might be wreaked from the very beginning.

Yep. But through a few websites that I've been looking at, and Dictionary.com, plagiarism is basically taking someone's work and then claiming it to be yours.

Of course, if entries included a section where they gave credit to were they got their material, it would not be plagiarism.

I think the idea you're getting at is more of "What if the author doesn't want someone using their material?" In which I respond with an answer of "Maybe... Add a note that states that if any owner of the material of the video wants it removed, they have the right to do so...?"
Usually people don't have a problem with others using their work [as long as credit is given] but if the problem raised the note would help settle it. It shouldn't grow too big either because it wasn't used for business/money making purposes in the first place.

OK, nice to know. I never knew that...

OK, this thread is now getting a closing request. Sarabscientist, I'll contact you to figure something out to restart this.
why is this thread being closed?
I highly doubt you'll be able to restart this. If hasn't received any attention and many other people are waiting to do their own contests.

I'll go ahead and close this.
The Troll, as Tri said, there are many pending contests so I will have to ask you to wait quite a while until those are over for me to reconsider this tournament or any other by you.