Thread Rating:
  • 15 Votes - 3.67 Average

Bleach
Thresher

Demon Shark
Antique Face
(This post was last modified: Apr 03 2012 11:45 PM by Thresher.)
Wow, it has been quite a while siince I've been back here. I'm happy to know Kubo realized he left a bunch of characters alive in Hueco Mundo with out explaining what happened to them. I'm really glad to see Nel Tu, but I'm interested in knowing if anyone other than her and and Hallibel are alive. We know that Ichigo saved Grimmjow, and I wonder if anything will ever come of that. If he gets brought back, he has the option of fighting for either side. He could've joined the new antagonist to get back at Ichigo, or he could help Ichigo for the sole reason that he hates or despises the new antagonist. Heck, the new antagonist could have killed him during his conquest, I don't care. Just as long as we get some kind of closure on that arc.

(Oct 17 2008 10:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:  this is dumb, anyone can make up an obscure question with not enough logical hints to lead to an answer
that's not a riddle, it's a waste of time
This is of my favorite Brad quotes from the good old days (Click to View)
Mar 22 2012 05:08 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

(Nov 10 2011 11:16 PM)hitsugiya Wrote:  A doll-house within a doll-house. I support Ichihime more then Ichirukia

Same here. I don't like IchiRuki at all. The same goes for UlquiHime and IshiHime. I support IchiHime.

Anyway, I'm also interested to see who else among the Arrancars is still around. Grimmjow would be an awesome ally if he joined Ichigo and his friends. Kubo did say that it was likely that the Arrancar from the HM Arc would be on the good side if they returned so I'm very much looking forward to it. With Ichigo and the gang being in HM next chapter, hopefully we will see who is still alive and who isn't.
Apr 03 2012 09:00 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Thresher

Demon Shark
Antique Face

Well, for the first time in quite a while, Mr. Kubo is making sense. I was wondering who would attack both the Hollows and the Soul Society and the Quincy are the only ones who have a motive that fits, which is interesting because that was a fact from they're inception, rather than somehing that was retconned(like The effects of Ichigo's Final Getsuga Tensho). Uryu must have some knowledge about this matter because he decided not to go with Ichigo to Hueco Mundo. The most interesting development was indeed the explanation behind the missing souls in the Rukongai. I predicted the who, but not the why, which should have also been obvious given the current situation. I'm actually interested in where this is going, hopefully I won't be disappointed again.

(Oct 17 2008 10:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:  this is dumb, anyone can make up an obscure question with not enough logical hints to lead to an answer
Apr 23 2012 07:34 AM
Dude

Reize Maxian
BeyRank: #1,259 (1,031)
Antique FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceFace of Days IISea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceEinstein FaceWolborg FaceBrad FaceWyvern FaceSea Dragon FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceAquila FaceDark Leopard FaceDark Leopard FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II Face
(This post was last modified: Jun 20 2012 07:39 PM by Dude.)
So, been a while since I posted here and some stuff has happened since.

Okay, it seems mister Kubo still doesn't know what's good for him. Ichigo and co. go to Hueco Mundo to help out Nel, which is cool. It once again shows Ichigo as a ridiculously selfless and brave protagonist, he's literaly defending the people he was fighting before, much like it was the case after the 'Save Rukia' arc. Regardless, we confirm the presence of a few Arrancars, like Loly, Menoly and Halibel's Fraccions. The problem with that is that NOBODY FREAKIN' CARES FOR THOSE CHARACTERS!! They are not interesting, cool or of any importance to the plot! Who cares if Loly and Menoly are alive?! They're loyal to Aizen and, since this is the last arc and that Bleach is over after that, Aizen probably ain't coming back! And Halibel's three fraccions? They're balls-crushingly annoying! Seriously, I might as well put some Three Stooges music in the background, whenever they're bickering. Oh, and what's their purpose in being alive? To make Kirge (Some sort of... Lieutenant-like character for the Vander Reich, I guess...) look really strong by defeating them.

Next problem is the Vander Reich itself! Okay, that Emperor figure (Which has very nicely been nicknamed 'Buckbeard' by fans) is still pretty cool (Though losing points in my book for pointlessly killing his own men...) but the thing with the Vander Reich is that they're basically just Magic Nazis! They're Nazis with powers, that's all. That's so uninspired and lame! Nazis, really? Yeah, let's just stoop to the lowest common denominator and make the bad guys nazis, it's so much easier. Why think, eh, Mister Kubo? But even more problematic is that they are all actually Quincies. Okay, what the hell?! Quincies, really? That's just... I hate Quincies! They are not cool! Not to mention that it really limits the weapons to guys can have to just bows and arrows... And bows and arrows are only very shortly cool, they get old real fast.

The only part that's interesting is that Kirge refers to Ichigo as 'One of the five war potentials' which is weird because I thought they were already at war, but... Well, it just makes you wonder who are the four other war potentials.

At least, things are better now than during the Fullbringer arc...

[Image: dudehailsignature.jpg]
May 06 2012 04:09 PM
Dude

Reize Maxian
Antique FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceFace of Days IISea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceEinstein FaceWolborg FaceBrad FaceWyvern FaceSea Dragon FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceAquila FaceDark Leopard FaceDark Leopard FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II Face

So, there's a lot of talk that the Bleach anime isn't over, just on hiatus for the time the manga actually gets stuff done and will come back afterwards... I have seen no actual proof of that, but that's what I heard, so... We'll see.

Speaking of the manga, something pretty interesting happened: While fighting that Kirge dude (Whom I find absolutely uninteresting, by the way) he uses a cool ability that basically absorbs every shred of spiritual energy around. Problem: Everything, including living beings, is made of spiritual energy in both the Soul Society and Hueco Mundo. So, as he battles against Ayon/Allon, that monster we saw a long time ago that was defeated by the head-captain, Kirge uses that ability to pretty much decompose Ayon and absorb him, creating... this: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c493/6.html

Okay, that's both insanely ridiculous and really awesome. Furthermore, it creates an interesting menace: How do you fight someone that can absorb you, after shredding the carp out of you, simply by being around you?

Anyway, Ichigo figures out that he can't absorb him if he attacks the head (Don't know how that works...) and we cut to the Soul Society where Buckbeard (The Emperor guy) is already inside. Interesting...

May 24 2012 12:21 PM
Dude

Reize Maxian
(This post was last modified: Jun 05 2012 02:05 PM by Dude.)
So, the Quincy invasion began and we get to see what will probably be the equivalent of the Espada for the Super Nazis, their elite members. So, first, we have this punk-looking fellow that's completely boring and unoriginal, followed by something better, this happy-looking girl who, I have to admit, looks like a very nice character with that cap and smile. Plus, she has a heart-shaped belt buckle Pinching_grin

There's also this Unohana-looking woman, this guy that we can't really see yet and this bearded guy. Finally, we see the cold, emotionless Byakuya/Ulquiorra equivalent that was bond to make it in the vilain group, this dude.

So, how to feel about such characters... Most of their designs look pretty bland, especially the punk guy who's basically the copy-'n-paste "Badass Delinquant" Kubo seems to love using, but there is hope, here. The jolly girl seems nice, the Ulqiorra/Byakuya knock-off looks alright and it's hard to judge the others as characters simply based on single shot images. So I guess we'll see...

Oh and Izuru gets his arms and half of his torso blasted off by one of them but, as we've seen several times in Bleach, that basically means nothing and Kira will totally be fine.

Jun 01 2012 02:45 PM
Thresher

Demon Shark
Antique Face

(Jun 01 2012 02:45 PM)Dude Wrote:  So, the Quincy invasion began and we get to see what will probably be the equivalent of the Espada for the Super Nazis, their elite members. So, first, we have this punk-looking fellow that's completely boring and unoriginal, followed by something better, this happy-looking girl who, I have to admit, looks like a very nice character with that cap and smile. Plus, she has a heart-shaped belt buckle Pinching_grin

There's also this Unohana-looking woman, this guy that we can't really see yet and this bearded guy. Finally, we see the cold, emotionless Byakuya/Ulquiorra equivalent that was bond to make it in the vilain group, this dude.

So, how to feel about such characters... Most of their designs look pretty bland, especially the punk guy who's basically the copy-'n-paste "Badass Delinquant" Kubo seems to love using, but there is hope, here. The jolly girl seems nice, the Ulqiorra/Byakuya knock-off looks alright and it's hard to judge the others as characters simply based on single shot images. So I guess we'll see...

Oh and Izuru gets his arms and half of his torso blasted off by one of them but, as we've seen several times in Bleach, that basically means nothing and Kira will totally be fine.

Tell that to Sasakibe. I think Kira might be done for, just because Kubo would do something like that just for shock value. I like the Unohana clone and Happy Girl designs but that tells me nothing about them. The Bearded guy will most likely die first. He just seems to be that guy out of the group. The only thing that would suprise me right now is if he Byakuya clone died first....or if Kira succumbs to his wounds concidering Inoue is not even remotely close to being able to use her God powers which she has yet to use to even half of their potential.

Jun 01 2012 08:41 PM
Dude

Reize Maxian
(This post was last modified: Jun 05 2012 01:56 PM by Dude.)
Sasakibe was a joke. Seriously, his death might as well have been off-panel and it would have had the exact same effect.

Kira, on the other hand, actually has a few fans. I've never actually met any of them, but he was ranked rather high in a few popularity polls, so he at least has that going for him. You'll also notice how the half of his chest that gets blown off isn't the one that holds the heart, so, naturally, considering major blood loss is never an issue in Bleach, he'll live.

As for who will die first, I'd actually go for the weird mustached guy whom we barely even saw. He kinda reminds me of Sasakibe himself, for some reason...

Jun 03 2012 02:09 AM
Thresher

Demon Shark
Antique Face
(This post was last modified: Jun 03 2012 07:21 AM by Thresher.)
(Jun 03 2012 02:09 AM)Dude Wrote:  Sasakibe was a joke. Seriously, his death might as well have been off-panel and it would have had the exact same effect.

Kira, on the other hand, actually has a few fans. I've never actually met any of them, but he was ranked rather high in a few popularity polls, so he at least has that going for him. You'll also notice how the half of his chest that gets blown off isn't the one that holds the heart, so, naturally, considering major blood loss is never an issue in Bleach, he'll live.

As for who will die first, I'd actually go for the weird mustached guy whom we barely even saw. He kinda reminds me of Sasakibe himself, for some reason...

Judging by the way Gin died, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Kubo doesn't factor logic into they way he kills anyone....ever. Most people who get cut near in half survive but Gin dies from the most shallow wound Aizen inflicts during the entire Arc, really?

Jun 03 2012 07:17 AM
Dude

Reize Maxian
(This post was last modified: Jun 27 2012 07:58 PM by Dude.)
So we continue on the Quincy invasion (Nothing really happens in this chapter, actually...) and we meet a few of those elite Quincy soldiers.

First, there's NaNaNa Najahkoop, possibly the stupidest name ever. I'll just completely ignore that guy as his design is even lamer than the punk guy and that I honestly hope he dies quickly. Interestingly, though, he is refered to as 'Sternritter U' so... I guess the ranks of the elite is determined by 'Sternritter' followed by some letter... U is pretty freakin' weak, so... go figure. He also refers to someone as 'Buzzbee' which is way too similar to Killerbee from Naruto to be a coincidence. As soon as they start rapping, I'm calling rip-off.

Next is that Unohana-like woman who is apparently named As Nodt. which, I gotta say, is a pretty nice, mysterious name. The look she's giving on that picture sure helps making her seem pretty terrifying, too, as she's just walking through all the Soul Reapers mercilessly. She's Sternritter F, a much better letter than NaNaNa's U, really.

Finally, there the happy girl, known as Bambietta Basterbine. Nice name. She's having fun killing people, naturally, when she runs into Komamura. She's Sternritter E, which I'm assuming makes her the fifth strongest of the group.

...So... I guess we'll see.... again '_'

Jun 09 2012 02:28 PM
KoD PT

Advanced Member
Rose Gold Face

The captains are brain dead... why would Soi Fon of all people go straight into bankai?

3DS Friend Code: 0318-7783-7967
Pokémon X in-game name: Dani
Friend Safari: Fraxure - Noibat - Sliggoo
Jun 17 2012 10:58 AM
Dude

Reize Maxian

Yup... That kinda betrays her whole conviction that her Bankai was a shame for her assassination ways...

Also, it seems that As Nodt, the Unohana-looking person, is actually a guy... Kinda sad when your gender is so obscure that we immediatly put you in the 'chick' category...

Jun 17 2012 02:11 PM
Thresher

Demon Shark
Antique Face

I would have to assume that they were under orders to figure out what happens when their Bankai is taken, that Is about the only explanation that makes sense. It's not like these are the strongest captains, with Byakuya being the exception, Komamura has shown himself to be generally useless, Hitsugaya isn't particularly good at killing...anybody,and Soifon is much more effective with her Shikai than her Bankai. Kyöraku, Yamamoto, and Ukitake, some of the strongest captains, are nowhere to be seen, and I don't know how Kensei, Shinji or Rose stack up compared to the other captains. As effective as he is, I don't think Kurotsuchi is a main combatant when it comes to captains. Then of course, the biggest combatant in Kenpachi, who lacks a Bankai entirely, so in all I only count Byakuya as a strategic loss.

Jun 17 2012 02:32 PM
Dude

Reize Maxian

Okay, so, in chapter 497 (Getting awfully close to that ominous Chapter 500, there) we see that the Sternritters apparently did steal some Bankais, although they have yet to actually use them. I mean, if you steal something, you can use it, right? I think?

Anyway, Kyouraku faces the mustache guy and promptly gets shot in the eye which, apparently, is not only not painful enough to rip a whimper of agony from Shunsui but also doesn't mean death at all, in Bleach's world. That really doesn't make any sense, actually. In real life, it could happen since guns fire actual bullets that could get stuck somewhere in the skull before damaging the brain too much, so you could survive a bullet in the eye (Even though I'm pretty sure you'd at least need to sit down a minute to rest up, if that happened...) but Quincies fire energy blasts, not bullets. What, did the energy blast get stopped by Kyouraku's skull? That's a pretty weak shot if it can't even blast through a bone...

So, basically, the problem here is that the captains don't think they can beat the Quincies without their Bankai. That's a pretty flimsy assumption since you don't really know much about the ennemy. For all you know, they can steal Bankai but can totally be handled without using it, so... No problem at all.

Anyway, one of Mayuri's man decides to contact Ichigo, which means we'll probably see how he's doing against the... other guy, next week.

Not really great stuff going on, but hey: This IS better than the Fullbringer arc...

Jun 20 2012 07:37 PM
Thresher

Demon Shark
Antique Face
(This post was last modified: Jun 27 2012 11:17 PM by Thresher.)
(Jun 20 2012 07:37 PM)Dude Wrote:  Okay, so, in chapter 497 (Getting awfully close to that ominous Chapter 500, there) we see that the Sternritters apparently did steal some Bankais, although they have yet to actually use them. I mean, if you steal something, you can use it, right? I think?

Anyway, Kyouraku faces the mustache guy and promptly gets shot in the eye which, apparently, is not only not painful enough to rip a whimper of agony from Shunsui but also doesn't mean death at all, in Bleach's world. That really doesn't make any sense, actually. In real life, it could happen since guns fire actual bullets that could get stuck somewhere in the skull before damaging the brain too much, so you could survive a bullet in the eye (Even though I'm pretty sure you'd at least need to sit down a minute to rest up, if that happened...) but Quincies fire energy blasts, not bullets. What, did the energy blast get stopped by Kyouraku's skull? That's a pretty weak shot if it can't even blast through a bone...

So, basically, the problem here is that the captains don't think they can beat the Quincies without their Bankai. That's a pretty flimsy assumption since you don't really know much about the ennemy. For all you know, they can steal Bankai but can totally be handled without using it, so... No problem at all.

Anyway, one of Mayuri's man decides to contact Ichigo, which means we'll probably see how he's doing against the... other guy, next week.

Not really great stuff going on, but hey: This IS better than the Fullbringer arc...

I really not sure where they were going with the Kyoraku battle. If it weren't such a blatant shot to the dome piece, they would have an easier time convincing me he got away with what is a scratch compared to what honestly should have happened.

On another note, today's chapter was short, basically ended with 'A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED!", and in so many words established Ichigo as a plot device, again.

Jun 27 2012 10:16 PM
Dude

Reize Maxian
(This post was last modified: Jul 19 2012 02:11 PM by Dude.)
Chapter 501 is... interesting.

So, we learn that As Nodt's power is to germ fear in the heart of anyone who touches the 'thorns' of light that seem to float around him. An interesting power, if only a bit predictable, but here's what I certainly didn't see coming: Byakuya starts hallucinating and sees Rukia suddenly melting away into a decaying corpse. That's a lot more graphic than anything we're really used to see in Bleach, so... Yeah, I guess that's something. However, the fact that Rukia's tongue is hanging out and that she turns bald just makes the picture kinda silly and it'd probably help if the whole was accompanied by some sort of rotting sound effect... But anyway.

So, Byakuya further hallucinates that his body is covered with what I can only assume to be locusts and kinda goes nuts. Following that, As Nodt uses Byakuya's Bankai against him to strike him down and a lil' caption reads 'Farewell'.

I certainly hope Kubo isn't going to kill off Byakuya because that would essentially be the lamest death ever. Made to scream like a carp and killed by your own ability? Yeah, that's not the way a classic protagonist should go. Hopefully, he's just 'wounded' or something.

Jul 19 2012 02:09 PM
Dude

Reize Maxian

More fake death shenanigans in chapter 502, I'm afraid.

So, Byakuya wasn't completely dead, just kinda... weakened, if you will. However, he tries to fight As Nodt again and basically gets partially shredded to pieces with his Bankai. That would be pretty cool if the Muramasa filler arc had never existed. After all, in said arc, we've seen that Byakuya is able to at least handle Senbonzakura without even his Shikai, so... I dunno, I guess the Muramasa arc doesn't exist in the manga...

However! Another problem arises: Using the other's Bankai means that Byakuya should know all of its weaknesses! What about the 'No-Damage' area Tsukishima exploited during their fight? I see they're trying to mention the Fullbringer arc as little as possible, but shouldn't Byakuya know that it's better to get closer not to get killed by his own Bankai? This doesn't make much sense...

Anyway, while Byakuya gets his fan-favorite butt air-juggled, Renji just loses his carp and says 'Ban...!' but gets kicked in the face by the Luchador-like figure seen a few chapters ago, preventing the Sternritters from stealing his Bankai. The Luchador guy seems to be the Yammy of the group: Seemingly big and strong but a freakin' idiot that won't get many fans. Oh and Rukia gets defeated as well, but no surprise there. A strong female protagonist in Bleach? What's that?

The chapter ends with Kenpachi confronting the blond, Ulquiorra-like dude and Emperor Buckbeard, having slaugthered one of the nameless Quincy. Naturally, the whole 'We can steal your Bankai' thing doesn't really concern Kenpachi because he doesn't even have a Shikai, so, other than Ichigo who can't get his Bankai stolen for some yet unexplained reason, he's pretty much the only other asset the Soul Society has.

Still nothing very good, but it's better than the Fullbringer... at least. I mean at the very least the Super-Nazis have an actual army and a plan, y'know, they have chances of winning and taking over the world. I still find incredibly laughable that the Fullbringers wanted to take over the world with their six guys and weak-as-carp powers Tired

Jul 25 2012 01:41 PM
Thresher

Demon Shark
Antique Face

I don't know how to feel about Byakuya's "death", but I'm glad we've finally addressed Kenpachi. Hopefully we won't be treated to another curb-stomp battle that leads in his demise. I'm still itching to know whether or not it was Grimmjow who saved Ichigo, and really I hope this doesn't end up as one of those times that it takes Kubo 40 chapters to return to the other fight.

Jul 26 2012 06:46 AM
Dude

Reize Maxian
(This post was last modified: Aug 14 2012 02:04 AM by Dude.)
So, after a bit of a Bleach-absence while Kubo was sick or something, we return to our confusing mess with Kenpachi kicking all sorts of asses.

No, really, he explains that he casually killed three Stern Ritters, the equivalent of the Espada, on his way to meet BuckBeard. One of them was apparently a big guy that turned into an ape-like monster but was quickly killed. The second one, a girl with a pretty nice design, apparently kept bragging on about her abilities and Kenpachi just cut off her throat, yet again showing that girls in Bleach aren't worth carp... But basically, this shows that, indeed, the Stern Ritters are so lame that some of them are killed OFF-PANEL. That's incredibly weak.

The third one transformed into Kenpachi himself, which is a pretty cool power... But apparently not worth our time as he was killed too...

We then cut to Ichigo who is still wasting panel-time and bitching about needing to go protect everyone. SEEN IT! Then we see Shuhei fighting the bearded-guy seen before and getting his posterior kicked and then handed to him. We learn that the bearded-guy's power is to get stronger for every person he kills... Okay, just a quick pause. Haven't we seen this before? Yeah we did, with Aaroniero Aruueri. He absorbed the spiritual energy and abilities of every being he killed/ate, except that Aaroniero was much cooler because he had this grotesque appearance, disgusting yet pretty cool Resureccion and a powerful relation to Rukia. So what I'm trying to say, here, is that... The Stern Ritters are pale and boring :/

I mean seriously, they were JUST introduced and already we should fear them? The Espada were built-up so well, in comparison! You had other minor Arrancars telling of how powerful they were, there was the reunion scene in which you got to see the various personnalities of the Espadas and how they act in general and they were basically told to be a high threat, even if they didn't really turn out to be. Here, it's like BOOM! Elite villains of doom! They can steal Bankai 'n sh*t, fear them! It's much too fast and it just doesn't work :/

Anyway, after that, the bearded-guy says he's glad the captain-commander showed up because he'll get to kill him (Yeah, right :very sarcastic roll: ) with the Bankai of his subordinate, that is Sasakibe. Now that could be interesting! I thought the whole 'Stern Ritters being able to steal Bankai' thing was just a ploy to Kubo wouldn't have to imagine and design Bankais for all the characters that still need Bankais, but if we see them through the Quincies, it should be good.

However, Bleach is still not doing so good...

Aug 14 2012 01:55 AM
Dude

Reize Maxian

So, with this recent chapter, we finally get to see what Sasakibe's Bankai looks like. I won't post a picture of it here, because I can summarize it pretty well: It's a gate-like thing made out of lightning that can shoot lightning. That's it.

Okay, Sasakibe's Zanpakuto had in no way been shown to have lightning-based powers in the manga, but the incarnation of his sword was shown to have such abilities in the Muramasa filler, so, apparently, Kubo's just going with that. The bearded-guy then proceeds to use it on the captain-comander who just takes the lightning bolts like a boss and thinks of the past.

We ACTUALLY get to see a young Yamamoto, back when his hair WASN'T white! He's disappointing and looks nothing like I would have expected, but we do learn that one of his scars was made by Sasakibe himself when he showed Yamamoto his Bankai, which is decently cool. After that, Bearded-guy shoots Yamamoto a bit more to very little effect but then, the captain-commander just loses his carp and yells that Sasakibe's Bankai was never this weak and MELTS THE HELLISH SKIN OFF THE BEARDED-GUY!! Well, so much for mister 'The Overkill' who kept boasting about his power litteraly a single chapter ago. And it's not one of those 'Oh, he's just burned a bit' moment like we had for Halibel's Fraccions, we see his SKULL! Dude can't get up from that one! It's a good thing I didn't bother remembering his name, huh... So yeah, one less annoying, stereotypical character in the way, next!

So, at least, Yamamoto's kicking butts. What was bearded-guy's Assigned Letter, again? O, I think? The other eleven letters that follow are pretty much dead already, then.

Aug 22 2012 04:30 PM