Bleach

Who else thinks orhime is a quincy?
Kudos to Kubo, with 19 pages of exposition and a very good explanation of hollowfication he has managed to take my predicition theory and ruin any and every possible chance for me to be close to accurate. I thought it was a great chapter because we finally got a good explanation of the hollowfication concept, the reason that none of the Vizards committed soul suicide, and why Isshin and Masaki even ended up together in the first place. To top it off, he surprised everybody without writing himself into a corner, nobody called this. Golden Week is next week, you know the drill with that.
Sooo, this recent chapter was something, but I can't say I'm all for it, really...

See, if Bach becomes this big bad meanie that killed Ichigo's mum, then this becomes a quest for vendetta and, in the words of King Arthur from Camelot "Revenge... The most worthless of causes." Which actually leads back to the villains' speeches from Aizen and Ginjo. Remember when they were trying to psyche Ichigo out with their bullcarp about 'Why do you want to fight me'? I always thought that was massively stupid: I want to stop you because you're so obviously an ill-intent carp, that's why! Do I really need a personal reason to want to stop evil from taking over the world? Going back once again to the words of King Arthur "Might for Right and Right for Right!" Great power, like Ichigo's, should be put in the service of the right cause and he should be doing the right thing BECAUSE it's the right thing. Now that Bach officially killed Masaki, this is no longer about doing the right thing, it's about vengeance. And vengeance is boring.

Also, I am soooooo not buying that Uryuu joined the Vanden Reich wholeheartedly: I'm calling it already, he just did it to get close to the Emperor or something and kill him then.
(May. 15, 2013  1:07 PM)Dude Wrote: Sooo, this recent chapter was something, but I can't say I'm all for it, really...

See, if Bach becomes this big bad meanie that killed Ichigo's mum, then this becomes a quest for vendetta and, in the words of King Arthur from Camelot "Revenge... The most worthless of causes." Which actually leads back to the villains' speeches from Aizen and Ginjo. Remember when they were trying to psyche Ichigo out with their bullcarp about 'Why do you want to fight me'? I always thought that was massively stupid: I want to stop you because you're so obviously an ill-intent carp, that's why! Do I really need a personal reason to want to stop evil from taking over the world? Going back once again to the words of King Arthur "Might for Right and Right for Right!" Great power, like Ichigo's, should be put in the service of the right cause and he should be doing the right thing BECAUSE it's the right thing. Now that Bach officially killed Masaki, this is no longer about doing the right thing, it's about vengeance. And vengeance is boring.

Also, I am soooooo not buying that Uryuu joined the Vanden Reich wholeheartedly: I'm calling it already, he just did it to get close to the Emperor or something and kill him then.

I have to disagree with you on the vendetta argument, Yhwach already destroyed much of the Soul Society and has harmed many of Ichigo's friends, at that point it Ichigo had a vendetta against him. Go back and look at his eyes in 513 and 14 and try to tell me they aren't consumed with anger and looking for revenge. I do wish they're as a little more shown in regards to Misaki and Katagiri's deaths.

Now regarding Uryu, I'm conflicted. I want him to be a double agents but, I like the development of him being a "bad guy". He has never been allied with the Soul Society Uryu has a very unique perspective in the Bleach Universe; Yamamoto called for a genocide against his race and Mayuri killed his grandfather after experimenting on him and thousands of other quincies whose souls were captured after watching them die when they could have helped.

I honestly think if anything he is trying to learn Vollständig, but I would like it and not be surprised if he turned evil. People complain that in Bleach nobody dies and that the characters are static, but if Uryu were to switch sides(honestly it isn't like he doesn't have a few good reasons to) and fight along side his people, that would speak volumes about his character. People forget that from the beginning of the series he has never been on the side of the Soul Society. He helped Ichigo the first time because he got to fight Soul Reapers and attempt revenge, and second to help a friend, Orihime. The third time he was asked, he declined. He hates both hollows and Soul Reapers. He has no reason to help the Soul Society, he has a vendetta against the Soul Reapers, and his people are back from the near extinction ready to get revenge. Most importantly, his friends have nothing to do with this war as of yet. (I don't classify Ichigo and Uryu as friends but that is a separate discussion) I think he is patient enough to get revenge on Soul Society with Yhwach and then kill him later. At the very least I want to see Ichigo vs Uryu part 2.
It WOULD be very interesting, but this is Kubo, master of either incredibly awesome twists (e.g Aizen wasn't dead and was the bad guy) or the most bland, predictable by years' length twists (e.g Masaki is a Quincy, Ichigo is a Quincy, Stark is Espada #1 etc.)

Although I'm guessing all Uryuu would need is the reveal that Bach killed his mum to once again change sides, if he even really joined them at all.
(May. 15, 2013  9:56 PM)Dude Wrote: It WOULD be very interesting, but this is Kubo, master of either incredibly awesome twists (e.g Aizen wasn't dead and was the bad guy) or the most bland, predictable by years' length twists (e.g Masaki is a Quincy, Ichigo is a Quincy, Stark is Espada #1 etc.)

Although I'm guessing all Uryuu would need is the reveal that Bach killed his mum to once again change sides, if he even really joined them at all.

Food for thought, Ryuken hates Quincies to the point where he refused to teach Uryu any techniques. I severely doubt he actually knows who Yhwach is, let alone the fact that he killed his mother. Let alone the Quincy legend of Yhwach.
Also a popular theory is that Uryu will end up killing Mayuri before he has a heel face turn opening the 12th Division. The first part of that interests me because Mayuri is not very efficient in combat. On top of that Uryu's Letz Stile form is feat wise in the top 5-10 most powerful Bleach characters. Enough power to easily kill a captain in one shot, AFTER cutting through his Bankai like it was microwaved butter, using a technique inferior to Vollständig. Arguably Mayuri is the only captain who could survive that wound head on. I'd say Bankai Yamamoto and Shikai Kyouraku are the only others who could survive it, mainly because of their abilities but that is highly debatable. Feat wise only Base Aizen(and subsequent evolutions), Dangai Ichigo, and Yhwach are actually above him in strength. (Yeah Yama-ji is stronger, but he is mostly feat-less, his bankai took 5 chapters to kill a fodder character, in fact he is TERRIBLE at successfully killing off fodder characters Hallibel's entire fraccion, Buzzbee he is 3/7 right now) With that in mind, picture what Vollständig Uryu could do head to head against the remaining captains, It might take Kenpachi to stop him.

Prediciton : Either Ichigo is headed to the hospital to see Ryuken, or somebody will seek him out because he has no way to return to either Hueco Mundo or Soul Society on his own. He'll get news that Uryu is out and we'll get a conversation between Yhwach and Uryu.
Okay, gotta be honest, here: This week's chapter was pretty damn cool!

Okay, so Ichigo comes back to the King's Dimension to face the Asauchi again, except this time, none of the Asauchi attack him and they instead all bow before Ichigo. In itself, that would be a good scene, but it gets better when Ichigo shakes hand with one of the Asauchi figure and it slowly takes the form of a mask-wearing Hollow-Ichigo. That's gotta mean we'll hear more from Shirosaki sometime soon, right? Tongue_out

Next, Hitsugaya asks a mustachio-dude from Squad 1 to train him in sword combat now that he's lost his bankai (Which means the Bankai stealing thing is most likely permanent until the badge-things are broken) That's kinda weird since Toshiro seemed pretty damn combat in sword fighting even without his Bankai and mister #3 from Squad 1 is just about the last guy I'd go see for training, but whatever, it's character development I'll take XD We also see Shuhei training with Kensei and that other chick I absolutely hate and Kensei orders his Lieutenant to use his Bankai... So this either implies Shuhei already has a Bankai or that he'll get one soon. Should be interesting!

And next, certainly the nicest par of the chapter: Komamura goes to a cave in the Soul Society and meets with a giant bear/dog-like figure whom he calls the Japanese equivalent of 'Grandpa'. FINALLY, we might get an explanation for his freakish appearance!
This was a great chapter, I like how Kubo wrapped up the flashbacks and jumped right back into the training. It makes perfect sense two, Ichigo was unable to accept himself for what he was(or thought he was) as a Shinigami Hollow hybrids so the Asauchi wouldn't accept him either. Now that he's come to terms with all 3 parts of his anatomy as a Shingami Hollow Quincy hybrid, they two accept him, and Kubo conveys this perfectly showing the Asauchi molded with a Hollowfication mask. I do hope we see some Quincy training for Ichigo, but I'm more interested in seeing what his and Renji's(more so Renji's) new Zanpakuto and Bankai abilities. I'd also like to see what else Squad 0 has to offer in training leading up to the Soul King.

I love that Hitsugaya has chosen to learn Zanjutsu again, it is worth noting that the only two people in Bleach who use the Zanpakuto as it it were really a sword are Zaraki Kenpachi, and to a much lesser extent Ichigo. People have criticized Bleach for this and I'm kind of on their side. Why did Ichigo see how effective Shirosaki's fighting style was and decide not to use it? Why aren't the sword fights in Bleach well choreographed half as well as Samurai Champloo? Why aren't they even as good as they were in the Soul Society Arc? Ichigo vs Madarame and even his two second fight with three Vice Captains was more intricate than later fights. I hope we get to see some great fight choreography out of Kubo in the future.

Kensei's logic could use some help, but I think some bankai honestly can't be taken based on abilities or that at the very least, a hollowfied shinigami's bankai cannot be taken, this is why.
This makes this post run a little long and its just a theory. (Click to View)
I was left confused about whether Hisagi has a Bankai, or is training to obtain on, either way the end result it good to me. Yes, in the Soul Society arc Byakuya made bankai seem like it is hardly ever attained but he is also out of touch with anyone lower than him. He had no idea Renji was so close to bankai, A PERSON HE WORKS WITH ON A DAILY BASIS, so his credibility is questionable. I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE MASHIRO AGAIN SHE MADE THIS CHAPTER FOR ME. Sorry if that seems odd, but I've been waiting to see her character again ever since her disappeared. I wouldn't have noticed her very much if Laura Bailey had not colored in her hair in my Volume 25, but after that she started kicking carp,then poof disappeared.

End of chapter was pretty sweet, two theories(I seem to have a lot of those this post). He is the same race as Komamura and they fought prior to the start of the series. He and Komamura's race fought the shinigami and Oldman Genocide Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto proceeded to earn his name sake by making them mostly extinct, like everything else in the Bleach universe. I can't wait to see their backstory as well

I'm willing to say that Uryu has joined the Vandenreich because Kubo would have given us something this chapter if he didn't(which I would assume would lead to him being imprisoned at the least, you already know where I'm going with this already). Still not 100% but I feel like Uryu has agreed to whatever Bach has asked, he has no real reason to say no.
Hmm someone might need to explain this chapter to me...

Ichigo's Zanpakuto was... Yhwach was Zangetsu all along? Or... Or something? Oo I really don't get this XD
(Jun. 05, 2013  8:59 PM)Dude Wrote: Hmm someone might need to explain this chapter to me...

Ichigo's Zanpakuto was... Yhwach was Zangetsu all along? Or... Or something? Oo I really don't get this XD

No the manifestation of his Quincy powers resembles Yhwach. I have a theory to explain most of Bleach now, Byakuya was right when he said "That is not a bankai." It was the imitation of one, which is why all of Ichigo's shinigami abilities make more sense as Quincy . Urahara said spiritual attacks either draw from one's life force or can only be used a limited number of times, Getsuga Tenshou follows neither, the only other thing I can think of that breaks both of those rules is the Quincy arrow, why because it drains reishi from the surrounding area and utilizes it. To me this means that the Final Getsuga Tenshou is as actually Letzt Stil in disguise, hence why if took away all of Ichigo's powers. You want more evidence?
Letzt Stil Uryu
[Image: T12994353405bc78f0c106c7debc066ca6a8bc27e21b.jpg]
Final Getsuga Tenshou Ichigo
[Image: 271709-screen_shot_2010_09_16_at_12.00.15_pm_super.png]
The their reishi collects around their shoulders is very similar for very dissimilar things. Even the fights mirror each other.
...So Ichigo was a Quincy the whole time? Oo

Gotta admit, that WOULD be a nice reveal...
(Jun. 05, 2013  10:14 PM)Dude Wrote: ...So Ichigo was a Quincy the whole time? Oo

Gotta admit, that WOULD be a nice reveal...

Basically, Shiro was the reflection of his actual zanpakuto/shinigami/hollow powers and Yhwach reflects his Quincy powers, but I'm certain next chapter will shed some light on the nature of his powers thus far.
Well, this week's chapter was interesting.

I'm sure Ichigo's real Zangetsu would've looked especially cool in the anime... Too bad it's over now, eh? Uncertain
I'm sure it would've been cool but anime on hiatus or...? Over?

But that real Zangetsu seems...Quincy/Shinigami fusion or something but it had a handle and crossbow-ish looking. And is that like Final Getsuga Tenshou? Black Flameish
This week we get the why but not the how, I'm guessing it was the same as the reishi slavery technique used by Kirge. I want to see the true Zangetsu next week and the new released forms as well as a display of Ichigo's true power in the near future. I hope were looking a a situation where 90% was held back while 10% flowed over, because Yhwach casually one hit killed Yamamoto after speed blitzing the carp out of him all while remaining in base form and I assume he has a Vollständig along with Blut Arterie which make him a monster that Dangai Ichigo would fear. Ichigo is gonna need quite the strength increase to even be relevant to Yhwach. My friends think it's closer to 50/50 but I doubt being twice as strong would even register on Haschwald's radar.
Hey, I just thought of something about the dead Fullbringers being in the Soul Society along with Ganju.

Why aren't they in Hell?

Seriously, we know for a fact that at least the 'Time Tells No Lie' guy (Giriko, I think?) MURDERED his wife!! Isn't that a deed worthy of going to Hell by all possible criteria!?

I could let it pass for Ginjo since he's kind of a f*cked up mix of a Soul Reaper and a Fullbringer, but Giriko really should be in Hell, shouldn't he? Uncertain
(Jun. 17, 2013  9:07 PM)Dude Wrote: Hey, I just thought of something about the dead Fullbringers being in the Soul Society along with Ganju.

Why aren't they in Hell?

Seriously, we know for a fact that at least the 'Time Tells No Lie' guy (Giriko, I think?) MURDERED his wife!! Isn't that a deed worthy of going to Hell by all possible criteria!?

I could let it pass for Ginjo since he's kind of a f*cked up mix of a Soul Reaper and a Fullbringer, but Giriko really should be in Hell, shouldn't he? Uncertain

This was brought up a lot when that chapter came out, general consensus was that either Kubo forgot and it's a plot hole, or he wrote some explanation that we'll see later.
FINALLY! FREAKIN' FINALLY we get to see a bit of the Vanden Reich's hideout/base/world... and it looks just like the inside of Las Noches. At first I thought they had actually moved into the place, but they clearly refer to it as 'His Highness' Place' and it just seems like a really bad tactical decision, really.

What's more, we get some dialogue between the Stern Ritters and we see that they do have some camaraderie, especially when the punk guy, apparently the Bazz-B figure mentioned before (as Buzz-B, but I blame that on mistranslation) says that he's outraged that a newcomer, namely Uryuu, got picked as the successor to Yhwach and even tells Haschwald that he wouldn't have minded if he had gotten the title of successor instead of Uryuu. Now this, I like, showing some trust and kindness between brothers in arms.

This was a pretty good chapter, all things considered '.'
I liked this chapter because we finally get interaction between the Sternritter. I like seeing the camaraderie be tween the villains rather than watch faceless characterless people die. It was interesting to note that they didn't recognize the Ishida name. It kind if fits my theory that they are all dead and his away for the last 1000 years after Yhwach's defeat. I can reconcile the 200 year old cleansing as the remaining living Quincies. the most interesting part of the chapter to me was the fact that Uryu hasnt uttered a word since he refused ti go to Hueco Mundo to help Nel. Bazz-B is my favorite type of character, but he just might be too dumb to live. Yhwach showed with Royd that he doesn't mind sacrificing his men, and he showed with this Arranquincies that he doesn't mind ending his subordinates outright for the smallest reasons. i suspect Sternritter "D" made the garganta the Hiyori saw in the beginning of the arc but it may be a throw away scene. Am I the only one hoping for a Bazz-B/Grimmjow or a Bazz-B/Renji fight? I'd also like to see a Chang Du/Soifon fight. More than likely Renji will end up fighting the Luchador instead to get his pride back and Chang Du will fight Hitsugaya.
This week's chapter was good too! We see again a bit of a more interesting side to Yhwach as he takes pride in his troops and seems to encourage their development.

We also get a scene of Bambietta telling some lowly soldier that she "wants to do it' and brings him to her room. I'm guessing we're supposed to think they're talking about sex, but she just ends up killing the guy... well, that was pointless. But we also get to meet a fourfold of characters (Undoubtedly all female characters for the girls Soul Reapers to fight later) that have very stereotypical quirks.

So first, we have Liltotto Lamperd who's the of adorable sugar-girl with a potty mouth on her. I wager she'll fight Yachiru (The small Yachiru, not the dead Yachiru)

Next is Meninas McAllon. She's fun, she kinda has Orihime's face and hairstyle but seems the more reasonnable one of the group. No idea who she'll fight.

Then is the worst of the bunch, Candice Cat-something (It's either Catpipp or Cataipp... or maybe Catnipp but that just seems way too obvious, even for Kubo. It'd be like naming Yhwach 'Mr. Evil' or something) She's a Rangiku clone. Seriously: She looks exactly like her, she's obsessed over men (Even calling the dude Bambietta killed a 'hunk' and I didn't even know that word was still used to this day) and she even has CAT in her last name. How much more obvious can you freaking get!!

And last of the foursome of girls is Giselle Gewelle. She doesn't seem too bad but she's Stern Ritter Z... therefore the weakest and I doubt even Kubo would pull another 'Number 10 is actually number 0' on us, I'm fairly sure she IS the weakest of the bunch... But at least she's not a plain rip-off of another character (Then again, her design is pretty boring...)

Those girls are so dead... or defeated, at least.

Also, Haschwald returns to what I assume is his quarters and is met by this lady, who appears to be some kinda of servant to him. Haschwald wins some points in my book by basically treating her with respect and kindness, telling her it's late and that she should go rest. Their discussion is short but I really like the way those two bounce off one another, the lady aware of her position as a slave/servant/maid/concubine but still worried about her master's well-being and I really wish we had seen more of it.

So yeah, nice chapter again. We also see Orihime, Chad and 'someone else' appearing somewhere... to train... again. Oh joy.
There was plenty of evidence in Uryu's eyes that indicated he is a double agent. Yhwach is a genius to trap him like that. I love how we got two different explanations that let us know more than Uryu. Bambietta just made herself my favorite Sternritter. I like yandere characters for some reason, sorry Bazz-B you've been relegated to second place. Candy has to have lightning based power based upon her hair. I think there are two people behind Chad. Kisuke is gonna figure out that medallion so we can finally see the Quincy's weakness. I hope we see Mysterious Swordsman coughcoughgrimmjowcoughcough next chapter but I won't hold my breath. I can't wait for the next chapter but I wouldn't mind going back to Ichigo if it advances the plot. Wow my post is all over the place.
Hah, I hadn't noticed the lightning-hair on RangiClone...

That doesn't necessarily mean she'll have lightning powers: Halibel had lightning tattoos on her face and had water powers in the end Tongue_out
(Jul. 05, 2013  1:11 PM)Dude Wrote: Hah, I hadn't noticed the lightning-hair on RangiClone...

That doesn't necessarily mean she'll have lightning powers: Halibel had lightning tattoos on her face and had water powers in the end Tongue_out

True, but a lot about Halibel was kind of intentionally ironic down to her attack being the color spectrum opposite of her attack name. A few arrancar were like that to be honest, but if you look closely you'll see that Kubo went as far as to give her eyebrows a lightning motif. I can see it so easily, "I am Sternritter 'T' Candice Catnipp, 'the Thunder'." IF she doesn't have lightning base powers then that is one more item to write on the long list of troll moments in the series.
I know I'm usually the one that knows those things, but I'm seriously in the void on that one...

Is Bleach on vacation? It's been like 4 weeks since we've had a chapter now, getting kinda boring Oo Not that I have the right to complain since I don't... pay for any of it, but still!
I think so. I remember one of the guys I watch on youtube said it was on break for five weeks.