BladeStorm/ControL_ 's collaborative philosophy of competitive Beyblading.

BladeStorm/ControL_ 's collaborative philosophy of competitive Beyblading.

BladeStorm:

‣ What is the purpose of this thread?
This thread aims to show insight into the philosophy and theories prevalent in competitive Beyblading, from the point of view of ControL_ and BladeStorm. It will feature articles from BladeStorm and ControL_.

‣ Why is it in this forum rather than the Beyblade forum?
While being Beyblade-related, topics discussed may heavily digress from the actual hobby. Furthermore, the beyblade content may not be not accessible enough to deserve a place in the Beyblade forum.

‣ I don't understand/disagree with ideas you are trying to express.
Please do leave a comment as we will do our best to try and explain.

Without further ado, the first topic in the series is centred around the theory of competitive Beyblading.

Theory of Competitive Beyblading: Part I, The "Win Condition"

First and foremost, I will need to define my interpretation of "Competitive Beyblading".

I regard Competitive Beyblading as WBO-Sanctioned events where there are BeyPoints at stake. This, of course, involves 2-player BeyBattles and the 3.6 Version of the Standard rules. My competitive play involves the Attack Stadium as the play area and Metal Fight/Metal Fusion Beyblade as the system - yours may be different.

The first major theme I will explore is intrinsic to all games. It is regarding: how to win. It may sound simple, but many of us forget how to achieve victory because we are too bogged down in the mantra of type categorisation. What do I mean by this? I mean the terms commonly used to categorise the performance of a Beyblade as Attack/Stamina/Defence and other miscellaneous paraphernalia such as "Smash" and "Recoil". If we forget all that we know about Beyblading for a second, we may possibly refine ourselves to the fundamental level of playing. Simply:

‣ Winning is achieved through meeting the requirements of the "win condition".

According to World Beyblade Organization Rule Book Standard Version 3.5 and 3.6:

World Beyblade Organization Rule Book Standard Version 3.5 and 3.6 Wrote:Conditions for winning a round:
‣ Out-spinning the opposing Beyblade.
‣ The opposing Beyblade exiting BeyStadium.
‣ The opposing Beyblade breaking or separating ends the BeyBattle and affords you an
automatic win for the BeyBattle.

Excluding the penalty conditions, the first two should be the focal point of achieving victory.

Work In Progress.
Chocked_2 of course 3-year old beyjun would type this up...

Technically, by those rules, you could have a bad combo but still manage to win Against a top-tier by using techniques like Gattyaki, yes? It would still count as a win.
(Jun. 23, 2011  11:26 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Chocked_2 of course 3-year old beyjun would type this up...

Technically, by those rules, you could have a bad combo but still manage to win Against a top-tier by using techniques like Gattyaki, yes? It would still count as a win.

The article is a bit too vague at the moment; I need to add more depth to it. What I'm trying to express is that: "play to the win condition", and forget about "top-tier","Recoil", "Smash", "Defence", "Attack", "Stamina", "Gattayaki", "Destabliser" etc. for just a minute and focus on the pure, fundamental win conditions. I'll explore this more deeply when I get onto writing about Cartesian doubt. The game conditions know not of good or bad combos, it knows only of the win conditions, and more importantly combos are considered good/bad based upon what the other combos are.
Ah, simple enough. It's like beyblading at its purest.
I totally agree with you BladeStorm. Too many people at WBO-sanctioned worry about type categorization instead of actually thinking about the fundamental win conditions. I think this is how beyblade should be played.
OH MY LORD J'MAN!!!
There we go!!! Beyjun writes us a lecture!!! (I know ur there Kevin, u can come out now...)
But really, this is something that all of us need and it deals directly to the heart of beyblading to the extreme.
Obviously we will have BladeStorm's beyblade physics thrown in somewhere here...
I cant wait to see the rest of this. It might change the way all of us beyblade and for the better