Beyblade's current state in Japan- 7/07/14: Return of monthly events in Japan!

An RC system like Momohimi's fan series (Sorry I keep mentioning it bit the idea seems good, especially because he drew his ideas.)
(Apr. 14, 2015  11:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2015  11:18 PM)Wizard Wrote: If you go onto Takara Tomy's website where it displays the countdown, it shows the four colored squares and underneath it displays four kanji that read 「本能覚醒亅I have no clue what this means, but here are those Kanji on Jisho along with their individual English meanings.

According to Google Translate together they mean "Instinct awakening," but knowing Google Translate this could be very wrong, so take it with a grain of salt. I will ask my penpal for a translation, she should be able to help.

I already posted about that, in my initial post about Project B.

Oops. We're at that point where we're just going in circles anyway.
http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/

I know this website has been brung up before but the countdown is supposedly over and it is definitely is a new Beyblade series. How? There is a loading screen with a three sided Beyblade and it says it is from the WBBA.

I'll get screenshots a bit. Unfortunetly, there is no more information (at least on what I can give).

EDIT:
[Image: n6b9ty.png]
[Image: 8xpjso.png]

Oh and not forgetting the LOGO too:
[Image: nb403m.png]

From the new video, it's called Beyblade Burst (I think... I dunno)
Wait, it's beyblade? Ah geez.

Oh no, they're not going for a battle network style are they? I swear if they aren't physical tops. I mean the logo is so digital like.
maybe its related to this http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/15...ws132.html
YES BEYBLADE!

This looks pretty interesting and to me resembles a mix of modern designs with plastics.

The overall look and small part count really reminds me of the first plastics.

It looks like this new BeyPointer/Launcher interacts with a new app. The name WBBA looks like its been kept.

I can't tell but in one of those pictures it looks like they're using some type of Zero-G looking stadium?

It looks like they're going for a more kid friendly look, rather than MFB's "street" look.

(Apr. 15, 2015  8:30 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Wait, it's beyblade? Ah geez.

Oh no, they're not going for a battle network style are they? I swear if they aren't physical tops. I mean the logo is so digital like.

Look at the link below, definitely physical tops with more digital interaction to attract younger kids.

Wouldn't you be excited Beyblade is back?
Wow, I must say, in my opinion those things look awful haha. With "burst" in the name, I wonder if the point of the game would be to actually "destroy" the opponent because in the video of them battling one of them exploded mid battle and another photo shows one dissamebled in a stadium while the other is still spinning.
Well that was unexpected.
Are the tops supposed to fall apart to determine the winner? Not sure how much customization potential they will have, but I'm looking forward to checking them out.

If I had to guess, I would assume the apps involve a ranking system.
(Apr. 15, 2015  12:31 PM)Tri Wrote: Wow, I must say, in my opinion those things look awful haha. With "burst" in the name, I wonder if the point of the game would be to actually "destroy" the opponent because in the video of them battling one of them exploded mid battle and another photo shows one dissamebled in a stadium while the other is still spinning.

I'd think so, considering that's what happened in the demo and it's in the title. That's probably why they have that stadium cover, so parts don't fly all over.

It'll be interesting to see how Hasbro handed the gimmick.

(Apr. 15, 2015  12:33 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Well that was unexpected.
Are the tops supposed to fall apart to determine the winner? Not sure how much customization potential they will have, but I'm looking forward to checking them out.

If I had to guess, I would assume the apps involve a ranking system.

About customization, look at the first plastic releases, with a similar low-part count. I'm sure as time goes on, it'll grow more complex, just as MFB did, too.
(Apr. 15, 2015  12:07 PM)Leone19 Wrote: YES BEYBLADE!

This looks pretty interesting and to me resembles a mix of modern designs with plastics.

The overall look and small part count really reminds me of the first plastics.

It looks like this new BeyPointer/Launcher interacts with a new app. The name WBBA looks like its been kept.

I can't tell but in one of those pictures it looks like they're using some type of Zero-G looking stadium?

It looks like they're going for a more kid friendly look, rather than MFB's "street" look.

(Apr. 15, 2015  8:30 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Wait, it's beyblade? Ah geez.

Look at the link below, definitely physical tops with more digital interaction to attract younger kids.

Wouldn't you be excited Beyblade is back?

I presume the digital stuff is to control it, but DAMN I gotta say they look sweet, especially the red one.

But like I said, I wasn't ready for a new series.
has there been launch date announced?
if the point of this series is to basically obliterate the opponent i think it will be fun, because i've always enjoyed making opponents blades explode.
Unfortunately, I'd take Death Quetzalcoatl over these anyday, unless they impress me. The app thing really scares me as I hope it's not like a leaderboard or anything complicated, perhaps it's just to download moves, I hope.

I may get the red Cerberus one but I'm not sure.
We know, it was posted before.
(Apr. 15, 2015  1:56 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: We know, it was posted before.

Oh lol i didn't see that.
This is definitely quite the news, wow hah. I cannot believe how Hasbro-like TAKARA-TOMY has made these be.

It seems that Beyblade Burst will launch in July 2015. The four starter Beyblades that will be released then are :

- Valkyrie
- Spriggan (??)
- Ragnarok
- Cerbeus

The device that connects to your phone is called a BeyLogger. It attaches to your launcher/launcher grip just like the BeyPointer.

The new Beyblades have three parts :
- Layer
- Disk
- Driver

You can of course still customize.
I ain't using the rank or bey point system, seems tedious. I'm using this like we normally do.

Ragnorak huh? Love the name but I'm getting Cerbeus as it's red and rounded.

These look like Series 2 Battle Striker in layout and Top Plate in a way.
(Apr. 15, 2015  2:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This is definitely quite the news, wow hah. I cannot believe how Hasbro-like TAKARA-TOMY has made these be.

It seems that Beyblade Burst will launch in July 2015. The four starter Beyblades that will be released then are :

- Valkyrie
- Spriggan (??)
- Ragnarok
- Cerbeus

The device that connects to your phone is called a BeyLogger. It attaches to your launcher/launcher grip just like the BeyPointer.

The new Beyblades have three parts :
- Layer
- Disk
- Driver

You can of course still customize.

Oh, thanks for the information Kai-V. I think I already posted the name "Beyblade Burst" on the previous page.
DJ - Yeah! WOAH! Beyblade's back! I was expected it to come back next year so this is earlier than expected! Takara Tomy definitely wants Beyblade to be huge, since their main website url takes them to the Beyblade teaser site.

I don't know how to feel about the aesthetics of these new Beyblades. I'm definitely not feeling them right now, but maybe they'll grow on me like MFB did.

Only three pieces for customization is pretty disappointing. I know MFB initially had four with the Face only just holding it together, but Metal Faces and the plethora of wheels, tracks, and bottoms definitely helped customization and made each 'layer' feel customization. It looks like there is a clear "attack ring" (maybe layer), a metal weight disk or wheel (maybe disk), and a blade base/4D bottom (probably the driver). I know there will be more layers later on, but this is still disappointing.

Also, not really feeling the 'explosion' gimmick either. In MFB, seeing Beyblades fall apart can sometimes be neat and exciting, but I'd rather have the game focus on regular attack and KOs. Look at the safety barrier over the stadium. I bet Hasbro's stadium will have a complete dome with two little holes.

Also in the demo video, you can clearly see the person launching them using a string launcher/Beylauncher. So beylaunchers confirmed for this series too I guess. Uncertain
Definitely try to take the conversation about Beyblade Burst over to this topic
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-TAKARA-T...lade-Burst
And read the article for this new generation/series on Beywiki :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...lade_Burst

I am not too sure what will happen to this thread, hah. For certain, this just showed to everyone that TAKARA-TOMY indeed planned a new release and that there was indeed barely a hiatus, hence why nobody ever announced one. The few tournaments they held back in 2013-2014 had a purpose, and the company knows that they hold a gem with this toyline.
(Apr. 15, 2015  4:40 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I am not too sure what will happen to this thread, hah. For certain, this just showed to everyone that TAKARA-TOMY indeed planned a new release and that there was indeed barely a hiatus, hence why nobody ever announced one. The few tournaments they held back in 2013-2014 had a purpose, and the company knows that they hold a gem with this toyline.

Well, here's the thing.

Last Bakuten Shoot Beyblade release: 2005
First Metal Fight Beyblade release: 2008

Last Metal Fight Beyblade: Zero G release: 2012
First Beyblade Burst release: 2015

I said a while back that I wouldn't be surprised if it was only another three year hiatus, and it seems I was right. But maybe the hiatus wasn't to take time to develop these, but rather it seems more likely that they wanted us to forget about MFB and Zero G so that this might be a bit more accepted. It is a big change after all.

I'm personally not too into the design, from first glance it seems like the wheels are plastic again and the metal wheels are just to act as a weight disk. To me it just screams Hasbro, and I want them to have Metal Wheels. That is the only thing that bothers me though. I think the "Burst" gimmick is really cool, it reminds me of when I played with Plastics as a kid and sometimes, if they collided hard enough, there was always a chance that your friends Beyblade could come apart. This was usually due to the attack wheel being loose and coming off, although sometimes it was from breakage. Either way.

As for the new Beypoint system, "I think it's awesome. If it runs on an account system through your phone then they really could keep a sort of global ranking and you don't have to worry about losing your points when the battery in your Beypointer dies.

I'm probably going to import these when they come out, especially as there's no word on a Hasbro release yet. Looks like a July release, as stated above, so the manga should probably begin soon after that. We already know there will be one, the CoroCoro logo is displayed next to the trailer on the Takara Tomy website.

These are starting as three-piece tops. Any predictions on if it will eventually expand, similar to how Metal Fight Beyblade went from four-piece tops to five-piece tops? Where the hell are the character motifs on these things? That is the only other thing that really disappoints me.

Now I'm just hoping we get a cool looking character for the manga. In the words of BeyBrad, speaking on Ginga's design:
BeyBrad Wrote:he looks like carp

are you sure this isn't from deviantart

Oh damn, I didn't notice the new topic. @[Kai-V] Mind moving my post over there?
There is a huge difference between the last HMS release (which came with a hiatus) and this short break of official Beyblade activity by TAKARA-TOMY. As the title of this thread indicates, there were official activities by TAKARA-TOMY in Beyblade until 2014. You cannot at all say that the period where nothing happened started in December 2012.

Eh, I tried but I am not certain how to just split and add these posts to the new topic hah.
(Apr. 15, 2015  6:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There is a huge difference between the last HMS release (which came with a hiatus) and this short break of official Beyblade activity by TAKARA-TOMY. As the title of this thread indicates, there were official activities by TAKARA-TOMY in Beyblade until 2014. You cannot at all say that the period where nothing happened started in December 2012.

Eh, I tried but I am not certain how to just split and add these posts to the new topic hah.

Yes but the last phsycial product release was December 2012. Yes they did keep events going, but there were no new releases at the end of the day. At least they were showing they still cared about the brand.

That's fine. We can put product update and reactions posts over there, but perhaps this thread could stay open to discuss event announcements from the WBBA and the like.