Beyblade Random Thoughts
Raykon

Go Shoot!
BeyRank: #152 (1,276)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSilver FaceAmber FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceDJ FaceWolf FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days II

How long is it before the tourny? If you can't get one I'm sure someone will let you borrow theres Joyful_3

|My youtube channel!||Raykons plastic Beyblade shop!
[Image: raykonsignature2.jpg]
Credit goes to Kai-V for the signature and Avatar.
Apr 26 2009 01:11 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Jsc

Virgo FaceAntique FaceL Drago Face
(This post was last modified: Apr 26 2009 03:01 AM by Jsc.)
When I get a storm pegasis ill be too terrified to play with it...

They look just awesome when theyre brand new.
Apr 26 2009 03:00 AM
Offline Find all posts by this user
josh-jf

Blader of legend
Bronze FaceAntique FaceGold FaceSilver Face

it wont look ugly if you use it a few times.

[Image: rayed.jpg]
Beypoint Position: 1st again!!! Smile
Apr 26 2009 03:09 AM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Raykon

Go Shoot!
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSilver FaceAmber FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceDJ FaceWolf FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days II

Gah, I'm really in a battaling beyblade mood, If only I had this mood when I was at the tournament Pinching_grin.

Apr 26 2009 05:02 AM
josh-jf

Blader of legend

lol oh so you werent psyched up at the tournament is that it lol if you want you can come to mine and beyblade.

Apr 26 2009 05:20 AM
Werkbau

A faraway Blader.
Leone Face

I finally figured out how to use the Beylauncher. its pretty powerful, somewhat near my usual strength. But I still get terrible accuracy rates now. Especially for banking. Also I still think the normal launchers have more potential though.
Apr 26 2009 10:30 AM
Raykon

Go Shoot!

Does the string feel like it could snap on you whilst you launch? I have always thought about this but never got to ask it.

Apr 26 2009 10:36 AM
Werkbau

A faraway Blader.
Leone Face

hmm, The string itself is thick, strongly woven. the only thing I worried about is the portion where the string is connected... as I can't see what's inside, I don't know until it snapped Tongue_out

and oh, it hurts my hand a lot >_> one should use a glove, because when the string returns back, it whipped my left thumb real good Confused my fingers also hurt a bit when releasing the string.
Apr 26 2009 10:44 AM
josh-jf

Blader of legend

so which launcher would you rather use?

Apr 26 2009 10:46 AM
Werkbau

A faraway Blader.
Leone Face

depends I guess. for attack blades I prefer normal ones than this, I can't imagine how to do sliding shoot with Beylaunchers. I might use them for balance / defense blades though. also, they are pretty compact without any ripcord Grin
Apr 26 2009 10:51 AM
Neeek

[SOLIDARITY]
Pisces FaceRoyal FaceAmber FaceAntique Face

I have the same problem with string shooters, I find it difficult to do banking and the sliding shoot also. I think the length of string and how loose it feels stops me from doing the sliding shoot.

Apr 26 2009 10:53 AM
Aqua

----
Antique FaceLapis Lazuli FaceSagittario FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Soul

(Apr 26 2009 10:44 AM)Werkbau Wrote:  and oh, it hurts my hand a lot >_> one should use a glove, because when the string returns back, it whipped my left thumb real good Confused my fingers also hurt a bit when releasing the string.

Then don't let go...?

[Image: 33a798w.jpg]
Apr 26 2009 01:49 PM
Werkbau

A faraway Blader.
Leone Face
(This post was last modified: Apr 26 2009 02:00 PM by Werkbau.)
If I don't let it go, the spin power will be reduced drastically. That's the part of the secret for having a decent power Tongue_out.

Normally when you shoot using a normal shooter, a small peg will stop the rotation immediately, resulting in Beyblade falling down from the launcher. But when using the beylauncher, there is no such peg, so in order create the 'stopping force' I need to create force that will make the launcher spin backwards. Same as the peg effect.

I just hold them at the sides, rather than gripping them. So when I pull the string hard and it stops, my fingers automatically let it go. Smile
Apr 26 2009 01:58 PM
Khel

Face Party!
Royal FaceLapis Lazuli FaceAmethyst FaceFace of SoulAntique FaceRose Gold FaceDriger FaceFace of WarCapricorne FaceDragoon FaceBronze FaceDJ FaceSilver FaceFace of DaysUnicorno FaceDriger FaceDragoon FaceDraciel FaceDranzer II FaceEternal Passport Face

yeah the best way to reduce the smacking is to use a grip. There is nothing else to reduce it

Banking is pretty easy to do, just make sure it is parallel to the slopes of the stadium and pull.

[Image: Khel_Signature2_1.jpg]
Thanks to Kai-V for the avatar and signature!
Apr 26 2009 02:18 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
Werkbau

A faraway Blader.
Leone Face

Actually Khel, I use a grip Pinching_grin.
Apr 26 2009 02:19 PM
Aqua

----
Antique FaceLapis Lazuli FaceSagittario FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Soul

I'm very curious to see how well this combo will work:

Metal Face + L Drago 100RF
Concept => Smash Attack

L Drago will now weigh 36 - 37g with the the Metal Face.

[Image: 33a798w.jpg]
Apr 26 2009 02:30 PM
Commie

Go Driger!!

Argh what the carp! Got outbid on AKMS and MAMS while I was at church! I would have bid more!

So pissed right now.

[Image: sw75o0.jpg]
Apr 26 2009 04:46 PM
The Shredder

Beyblades = Power
(This post was last modified: Apr 26 2009 04:53 PM by The Shredder.)
(Apr 26 2009 10:30 AM)Werkbau Wrote:  I finally figured out how to use the Beylauncher. its pretty powerful, somewhat near my usual strength. But I still get terrible accuracy rates now. Especially for banking. Also I still think the normal launchers have more potential though.

finally someone thatt agrees with me ! Grin I just cant see how a string style launcher can possibly be stronger and more pwerful, and deliver more rpm's campared to a ripchord thru gears, altho i havnt tried the bey launcher yet so im keeping an open mind
(Apr 26 2009 04:46 PM)Commie Wrote:  Argh what the carp! Got outbid on AKMS and MAMS while I was at church! I would have bid more!

So pissed right now.

sorry to hear man, i know how you feel, the other day i was bidding on a bunch of mfb's, i went downstairs to get a drink, came back up and theyd been won

[Image: Dranzer_Zeus_06-1.jpg]
Apr 26 2009 04:51 PM
Khel

Face Party!
Royal FaceLapis Lazuli FaceAmethyst FaceFace of SoulAntique FaceRose Gold FaceDriger FaceFace of WarCapricorne FaceDragoon FaceBronze FaceDJ FaceSilver FaceFace of DaysUnicorno FaceDriger FaceDragoon FaceDraciel FaceDranzer II FaceEternal Passport Face

(Apr 26 2009 04:51 PM)The Shredder Wrote:  finally someone thatt agrees with me ! Grin I just cant see how a string style launcher can possibly be stronger and more pwerful, and deliver more rpm's campared to a ripchord thru gears, altho i havnt tried the bey launcher yet so im keeping an open mind

Like you said you have never used it so obviously you wouldn't knowWink

The regular launcher only gets 4.5 rotations per pull. The Beylauncher has a maximum of 7.5 (more like 6.5-7 on an average pull). With a proper pull it will get more power. The problem with the beylauncher is getting the technique down. It needs practice to be consistent.

[Image: Khel_Signature2_1.jpg]
Thanks to Kai-V for the avatar and signature!
Apr 26 2009 05:08 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
The Shredder

Beyblades = Power

yeh, but like i sed, ive got an open mind, beyblades have proved me wrong before and no doupt they can do it again, and yeh the comparison video shows that it's stronger, so im leaning towards it

[Image: Dranzer_Zeus_06-1.jpg]
Apr 26 2009 05:17 PM