Beyblade: Hunters of Artemis

Poll: What do you think of the story.

I love it!!!
58.62%
Pretty good, I want to see where it goes.
27.59%
It's ok...
10.34%
Not that good.
3.45%
I hate it. Stop writing
0%
Total: 100% 29 vote(s)
Your character should be in during the tournament after the one that they are going into now, and he will also be a big part of another protaganistic force.

My computer crashed just as I was about to finish chapter 9, and I never saved it. Unhappy I've been too busy to retype it and post it. Also, I have decided to put this on hold for a while, as I am working on something bigger, and have been devoting a lot of time into it. Progress on this won't be stopped, it will just be slowed down more, even though it was already pretty slow...

And lastly, I finally have a name, although it might not be permanent, for the story!
Beyblade: Hunters of Artemis
It won't really make sense until after chapter 11 or 12, so I will keep it with this title for now.
Hello again everyone! After a long time, I am finally back and determined to finish what I started. Chapter 9 is now done, and I am halfway through Chapter 10, so expect updates shortly. I would like to thank Reiji for making Zero, kid-darkness14 for making the Dark Phantom, and Dracovianauis/Izuma for making Izuma. Also, I am going to be posting chapters of this story to another website in advance. If you want to be one of the first to read the new chapters, check the link in my signature or click the image, and join the site. Without any further ado, here is Chapter 9!!! Smile

Chapter 9: The Start of a New Journey

After staying the night at the hotel, the group woke up in the morning and wandered the city. For a city in the middle of a desert, it was huge. Skyscrapers climbed into the skies, towering over the hundreds of people who lived there. The group found a small beyblade shop and stayed there for an hour or two while they trained with their newly gained partners. After finally getting some control over their power, they decided to leave and get some rest before the tournament.

"We're gonna dominate in that tournament tomorrow!" Felix exclaimed as they were leaving.

"Yeah," Kole replied. "These bey spirits really are strong. A long as we can control them we can..." His speech was interrupted by the sound of a beyblade flying past them. It was unlike any other bey that they had seen before. It had a black metal face on top that depicted a Reaper with a scythe. This was followed by a black clear wheel shaped in blade like patterns. Its metal wheel was black and circular, but with to spikes on each side. Its track was a white d125, the only part they could make out besides the metal face, and had a white bottom which looked like a wide ball, but bigger. The bey flew into an alley near the store, and Kole ran after it.

The group followed, but when they reached the end of the alley, there was nobody there.

"Well well," a voice from behind said. The group turned around to see two boys, one 15 years old and one 13 years old. They immediately recognized them from the bus ride to the city. These were the two boys that popped the bus's tires. "We finally meet."

The 15 year old was wearing a pair of black jeans with a grey t-shirt. Over that, he had a black jacket. His hair was spiky and black. The 13 year old was wearing a black jacket with dark blue jeans and red shoes. He had jet black hair which covered his left eye.

"What do you guys want with us?" Kiran asked with a little bit of anger. "First you destroy our bus, now you corner us in an alley. Seriously, what is wrong with you guys?"

"We have our reasons," the 15 year old replied. "We have been watching you guys for a long time, and we just thought it was time that we met in person. I'm Zero, and my friend here is the Dark Phantom."

"Well then," Kole started. For some reason, he had a bad feeling about these two people and wanted to get out of there as soon as he could. "We better get going, we have to go to a tournament tomorrow." The group tried to walk out of the alley, but the Dark Phantom blocked their path. His eyes, which had no pupils, gazed at them, filling them with fear.

"You guys can't leave just yet," Zero stated. "It's too soon. We haven't even been fully acquainted yet." Both Zero and the Dark Phantom pulled out their launchers and beyblades. The group knew what this meant and immediatly did the same. "Only two, it has to be fair."

"Kiran and I can handle this," Kole said to Felix and Arthur. The two of them lowered their launchers and walked backwards a little bit.

"3, 2, 1, Go Shoot!" they screamed. Right after the launch, Kole and Kiran took the time to analyze their opponents beys. The Dark Phantom was using the beybldae that they had seen earlier. Zero's beyblade had a mercury wheel with a Phoenix clear wheel. Unfortunately for Kiran and Kole, those were the only parts that they knew. Its track was a red 135, but had 12 flames on it. The bottom was a flat bottom, but made of Phoenix feathers.

Both Kiran and Kole went on the attack at first, Kole attacking the Dark Phantom and Kiran went for Zero. Phantom was fast and dodged almost every attack Guardian threw at him. Phoenix and Aquario were equally matched. Guardian was loosing stamina very quickly, his rubber ball not working very well on the rocky texture of the alley. Phantom took advantage of this weakness and attacked Guardian from the side, slamming him into the wall. Kiran took his eyes off of the battle that he was in with Zero and turned all of his attention toward his brother's beyblade. With a silent command, Aquario dashed away from Phoenix and charged at Phantom, sending it flying backwards a few feet. The Dark Phantom didn't even show a reaction to the attack, and just by looking at his bey, it vanished into darkness.

"You two are better than we expected," Zero stated. "Looks like it's time to stop holding back!" With that, he looked toward the Dark Phantom, who still hadn't said anything the whole time, as if he was giving a signal. The Dark Phantom didn't even acknowledge the glance. Kole sent his Guardian, whose clear wheel was now starting to glow, charging at Phoenix. The attack was in vain, as right before contact, it was knocked backwards. Phantom had seemed to appear out of nowhere, and disappeared from view again just as fast. "Time for the fight to truly begin!" Zero exclaimed. He motioned his right hand forward and Phoenix charged right at Aquario.

"I've got Phoenix," Kiran told Kole as he commanded Aquario to charge forward. The two beys clashed in the middle of the alley, both evenly matched yet again. Aquario followed up with another attack and slammed its metal wheel into Phoenix's bottom. Finally having taken some damage, Phoenix slightly moved backwards and its clear wheel began to glow with a reddish orange light. Once again, Aquario charged forwards aiming for Phoenix's track, but was blocked as Phantom appeared right in front of it. Phantom relentlessly attacked, driving Aquario backwards as if it were trying to buy some time for its partner. Guardian entered the battle again, circling around Aquario and smashing Phantom into a wall. Phoenix's clear wheel was now erupting with flames and it charged towards the other three beyblades.

"Although this has been so much fun, it can't last forever. Phoenix! Eruption Fireblaze!" Zero commanded. Phoenix started to move even faster, and the flames from the clear wheel rapidly increased. It was now only 15 feet away from both Aquario and Guardian. The smell of smoke filled the air as the flames climbed higher into the sky, forming into a Phoenix. Zero laughed as the flames on its track increased in size and ignited. Now only five feet away, Phoenix let out a cry that echoed off of the walls. The beast crashed down towards Aquario. Guardian moved forward trying to protect it and Phantom disappeared from the field. The flames exploded throughout the alley, flying every direction as metal clashing filled the air. Finally, the flames cleared to reveal the translucent Guardian standing onto of the almost destroyed Guardian beyblade. His sword had sliced the Phoenix in half right before the impact and absorbed most of the damage, but he had still almost been destroyed.

"A bey spirit?" Zero questioned. "I knew that you two were strong, but to think that you were worthy of that! Fang was right after all!" Both Kole and Kiran grimaced at the sound of that name. If Zero knew Fang, Dark Phantom probably did too, and that could also mean that they knew about Kiran and Kole's dad. In this distracted state, neither of the two boys noticed Phantom appear and slam Guardian into the alley wall, stopping it completely. Both Phoenix and Phantom charged at Aquario, smashing it off balance and almost stopping it.

"You can have the kill," Zero told Phantom and moved his Phoenix away. Instantly after that, Phantom disappeared again and then reappeared above Aquario. It slammed down on top of it, sending Aquario flying at a wall, but it was still barely spinning. Phantom's clear wheel started glowing as it charged at Aquario one last time. The face was now completely covered in a dark energy, the same type that Fang had used. Just before disappearing again, the energy exploded into the sky, creating a Reaper hold a scythe. The sky above them turned darker as the reaper lifted its scythe and began to swing down. This attack would finish off the battle.

Or it could have if it actually would have worked. Just before the reaper had finished swinging the scythe, it was cut in half by a beyblade that was launched from the roof. The intruding bey charged right towards Aquario, but instead of smashing it, it crashed into what would have been the wall next to it. Phantom had secretly hidden itself there and was planning the final attack, but had now been beaten by a new challenger.

"Ninja!" a voice from above cried out. Everyone looked up to see a 14 year old boy, all dressed in black, jumping down from the roof of a building at the side of the alleyway. He landed on his feet right next to his beyblade. "Get down you guys," he said as he turned towards Kiran and the rest of the group. They followed what he said and ducked onto the ground. "Silent Smoke!" As soon as the boy said this, his beyblade began to spin faster. Smoke started to pour out of the bottom of its metal wheel, but it looked more like fog and had a weird scent. It quickened as the beyblade spun faster, and finally the smoke cleared. Both the Dark Phantom and Zero were knocked out and slumped over on the side of the alleyway.

"We have five minutes to get away from here," the new boy said as he picked up his beyblade and handed Aquario to Kiran. The group sprinted out of the alley, Kole "accidentally" kicking the Dark Phantom on his way out.

"Let's get back to the hotel," Felix suggested. They didn't really have time to think about any place else, so there was no disagreement with that option. They sprinted through the streets as if we were being chased by a bear. It took us four minutes to make it back to the hotel.

"We made it just in time," the boy said as we got into the lobby and went into the elevator. After getting off on the third floor, they went to there room. The boy shut the door, double locking it, and ran over to the windows, locking them and closing the blinds. Everyone sat down, Kiran and Kole on beds, Felix and Arthur on a couch, and the new kid in an armchair.

"My name is Izuma Inzori," the boy started explaining.

"What was that all about," Felix interrupted. "You just stopped the whole battle, covered the alley in smoke, and then told us that we had to leave!"

"If that battle would have gone on any longer, Aquario would have gotten destroyed!" Izuma said, defending himself. "You saw what Phoenix was able to do to Guardian, and that was when he was guarding. Those two guys are dangerous. I've been tracking their whole group, and now they seem to be planning on doing something with you."

"A whole group?" Kiran asked. "That would explain why he brought up Fang in the battle."

"You know Fang!" Izuma screamed. He seemed startled and flustered. "This might be even worse than I thought."

"What is going on," Kole joined in. "We're just beyblading, what would they do about it? It's just a game."

"Not to them it isn't," Izuma warned.

"And how is it that you know so much about these people?" Arthur asked. "You just show up out of nowhere, warn us about some group, and expect us to believe you."

"I used to be one of them. They take beyblading very serious there, at least the commanders do. The grunts that they have aren't as bad. When I was there, our leader became obsessed with beyblades, but more importantly, the bey spirit. He was driven crazy and spent all of his time researching about them, and it led him down a dark path. He died in the desert right outside of this very city, while searching for a place. That place, which he shared with only the leaders, is the same place where you obtained your bey spirits."

Kole couldn't believe that a game could cause someone to die. What made it worse was that the man had died while searching for a place that he just happened to stumble upon. Guardian sensed this and started to speak to him, but in his thoughts.

"It wasn't just luck that you found us," he said. "You were chosen, and only the chosen people would be able to find that place."

"The next leader would have to be one of the commanders," Izuma continued. "I just couldn't bear to see one of my friends travel down that same path, so I decided to leave. Since then, I have been watching them, secretly spying on almost everything that they have done. They are all traveling down the same path as our former leader, but this time, things could be even worse. They need to be stopped, which is why I tried looking for you four. You might have the power to stop, if you just all work together with me."

"I don't know," Kiran started, still trying to piece this whole situation together. "We haven't even gotten in the tournament yet, how are we supposed to take down this whole group! But then again..." He stopped speaking, thinking back to the first tournament, and to his battle with Fang. Fang was a member of this group, and he knew something about their dad. "Fang's in that group, and I need to no what he does about dad. I'm in this fight if you three are."

"I'll do it," Felix immediately agreed. "This whole thing could be a little fun." He paused for a second, and then continued in his best action movie star voice. "The heroes must save the world from a dangerous group! Will they be able to bring peace to the world of beyblade?" He then started punching the air, as if it were an evil person, and even added in sounds for dramatic effect. The whole thing made everyone laugh and loosened up the situation a little.

"I'm fine with it," Arthur said. "It's all up to you now Kole."

"It's decided then," Kole announced without even taking a second to think. "Let's go kick some evil butt!"

"You can't just expect to march into their headquarters and take them all down at once." Izuma said, brining them all back to reality. "We need a plan first. I'm thinking that you could go to that tournament tomorrow, it could be good training for you. Meanwhile, I'll move out and try to do some more reconnaissance."

"So you won't be staying with us?" Kole questioned.

"No, I can't. In fact, I've stayed to long already. If we are all in the same place, we could draw unwanted attention, and we would be easy targets." With that, Izuma got up and walked towards the window. He moved the yellow curtains out of the way and unlocked the window. He climbed out and almost like a ninja, scaled his way up two floors and made it to the top of the roof. He looked down to see the four boys looking up at him from out of the window. "Good luck on your tournament tomorrow!" he said as he waved goodbye to them. Now full of hope for his mission, he vanished into the darkness of night.

Kole, Kiran, Arthur, and Felix all talked and tried to figure out a plan, but were too tired to do so. The all decided that they would get rest and try to form a plan after the tournament was over.

Zero dialed the number into his cell phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, boss. It's Zero."

"Hello. So, how did the plan go?"

"Well," he paused, unsure of how his boss would take the news. "We had an unexpected visitor. Izuma decided to say hello to us again."

"So, he saved them?"

"Yes, it was a failure."

"Oh well, there is still another opportunity."

"Oh and boss, one more thing..." the sound of his voice was blocked by the sound of falling rocks. It was as if a cave was caving in. "I'm going to have to call you back, I'm in a bit of a tight situation." He hung up the phone and sighed, thinking about what to do next.
Hey again everyone. If you haven't already noticed, I've pretty much abandoned this story. I've just been so busy and I've been working on my story Lost in Darkness, which in my opinion is better, and haven't gotten around to writing any more of this. I have no idea when I will finish this story, if I do, but it will probably be sometime after the WBO Writing Tournament or after I finish Lost in Darkness. Sorry to anyone who liked this story and was looking forward to more or anyone that submitted characters and was eager to seeing them in this.