Beyblade Collection

Well, yes. That is what a "birthday present" is, is it not?

I still need to get another Sea Dragon/a CWD Defense Ring for the actual plastic, but the 17.6 CWD itself is really nice.
(Feb. 28, 2012  2:09 AM)Hazel Wrote: Well, yes. That is what a "birthday present" is, is it not?

I still need to get another Sea Dragon/a CWD Defense Ring for the actual plastic, but the 17.6 CWD itself is really nice.

Sorry, should've seen that. 'Twas simply an expression of disbelief, that's all.

Now, my expression is just -.- damn Valentin, you made Hazel one lucky spinning tops owner today.
Oh!
So that's what he meant when he said he was getting stuff for you.

Rather hush-hush and I see why!
Congratulations and Happy Belated Birthday, Hazel!
Alright, I compiled a list of everything in the picture:
Dranzer G(Limited Edition Stickers w/unidentified possibly fake WD)
Wyborg(Black)
Driger Sx3 + Tiger Defenser AR(1x original color, 1x Black Tiger Defenser, 1x Pink, 1xSilver AR ver)
Master Driger
Flash Leopard(With Star Attack WD)
Flash Leopard 2 x2(1x Original, 1x Limited Edition Stickers)
Draciel V2
Dranzer V
Voltaic Ape x2(1x Green ver repainted Silver, 1x Original Color w/Limited Edition Stickers)
Gigars
Dranzer S x3(2x Metallic Red, 1x Transluscent Red)
Driger F x2
Driger V
Burning Kerberous x2
Seaborg 2(with Seaborg base)
Wolborg 4
Draciel S
Draciel F
Griffolyon
Gaia Dragoon V
Kid Dragoon(Black)
Dragoon S(Blue)
Blizzard Orthros(Secret Prize ver with HMC + Wide Defense)
Flame Pegasus
Trygle AR(Blue) + Wide Defense + Grip Base combo
Galeon AR/S-AR + 10 Heavy + Metal Ball Defenser Base
Gabriel AR(Silver) + Unidentified WD(Possibly Bearing Gyros) + Burning Kerberous WD w/Unidentified SP

Hasbro Wrist Band

HMS:
Sea Dragon(w/RBA2 CWD Free Defense Ring)
Advance Averazer(Purple)
Gaia Dragoon MS

You narrowly beat me to doing that, I just woke up. Spoiled my fun Speechless

Take a close up of both sides of the Dranzer G WD, and I might be able to tell you whether it's a real bearing gyros WD or a Fake like the many, many I have. Smile Looks like it may ACTUALLY be legit, from the bevelling at the sides, which my fakes do not have :o

Gabriels WD is Wide Survivor, and the SP is Dark Gaia Dragoon's Survivor Ring. It's one of the best zombie setups possible. I'd swap survivor ring to defense ring, and you will outspin anything not using spiral change base in right spin.

It goes without saying that I am Jelly as heck, particularly of your Blizzard Orthros and PF Dranzer S.

Also, interesting, one of the earlier Sharp Tipped Hasbro Driger V's...

I shall now divine the parts which you do not know in full, left to right, of a picture you certainly didn't post and then delete Wink

Revolver Attack, Survivor Ring (Dark Gaia Dragoon) Modified/Fake Bearing Gyros WD, Wide Survivor.

Grin
Yeah, I accidentally hit the wrong button when I went to edit the post, sorry, haha...

Anyway, thanks. The Bearing Gyros WD does look broken...

is Revolver Attack any good?

Anyway, here's the full list of everything, then:

Dranzer G(Limited Edition Stickers w/ possibly fake Bearing Gyros WD)
Wyborg(Black)
Driger Sx3 + Tiger Defenser AR(1x original color, 1x Black Tiger Defenser, 1x Pink, 1xSilver AR ver)
Master Driger
Flash Leopard(With Revolver Attack WD)
Flash Leopard 2 x2(1x Original, 1x Limited Edition Stickers)
Draciel V2
Dranzer V
Voltaic Ape x2(1x Green ver repainted Silver, 1x Original Color w/Limited Edition Stickers)
Gigars
Dranzer S x3(2x Metallic Red, 1x Transluscent Red)
Driger F x2
Driger V
Burning Kerberous x2
Seaborg 2(with Seaborg base)
Wolborg 4
Draciel S
Draciel F
Griffolyon
Gaia Dragoon V
Kid Dragoon(Black)
Dragoon S(Blue)
Blizzard Orthros(Secret Prize ver with HMC + Wide Defense)
Flame Pegasus
Trygle AR(Blue) + Wide Defense + Grip Base combo
Galeon AR/S-AR + 10 Heavy + Metal Ball Defenser Base
Gabriel AR(Silver) + Wide Survivor(Possibly Bearing Gyros) + NEO Left SG + Burning Kerberous WD w/Survivor Ring SP

HMS:
Sea Dragon(w/RBA2 CWD Free Defense Ring)
Advance Averazer(Purple)
Gaia Dragoon MS

1x Hasbro Wrist Band

and I also just found my Dragoon V with no stickers, haha.
Yeah, the inner things that rest on the base have been removed. I did that to one of my fakes for some reason, IIRC to fir double weight disks on it with that one upside down.

No, like all the attack WD's, it's just recoily. :c Looks badass though Smile

You have some really amazing competitive parts there, by the way. I will do a mini list of them for fun, haha.

Minilist of good things and some other stuff that is long and rambly: (Click to View)

A better picture of Master/Kid Dragoon's WD would be nice, looks like Heavy Attack.

Oh, and as for the cwd free defense ring thing, you don't really *need* the plastic part of defense ring, there are plenty of other good options for that CWD metal part in terms of plastic parts.
Yo Valentin, my birthday is not for a few months, you can start saving for it...Don't worry, I'll remind you.
(Feb. 28, 2012  4:02 AM)th!nk Wrote: You have some really amazing competitive parts there, by the way. I will do a mini list of them for fun, haha.

Haha, alright. I know I definitely got a whole lot of great WDs(Wide Survivor, Wide Defense, a bunch of 10 Heavy/Balance/Wide), some SUPREME ARs and bases... dude, I was totally only expecting him to send me like, 8 beyblades. Not 39.

So, here is my full collection, as of right now:

My collection is still too small... mostly in the HMS department... 116 Complete Beyblades in all.

Lol, Valentin the birthday donor. Back on topic, nice collections guys!
(Feb. 28, 2012  4:02 AM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, the inner things that rest on the base have been removed. I did that to one of my fakes for some reason, IIRC to fir double weight disks on it with that one upside down.

No, like all the attack WD's, it's just recoily. :c Looks badass though Smile

You have some really amazing competitive parts there, by the way. I will do a mini list of them for fun, haha.

Minilist of good things and some other stuff that is long and rambly: (Click to View)

A better picture of Master/Kid Dragoon's WD would be nice, looks like Heavy Attack.

Oh, and as for the cwd free defense ring thing, you don't really *need* the plastic part of defense ring, there are plenty of other good options for that CWD metal part in terms of plastic parts.

I took a better picture of the Kid Dragoon - I didn't even notice it had a different WD, haha!

I will not, unfortunately, be testing the Twin Guard, given the rarity of this particular Blizzard Orthros - sorry mang!

The Gigars' tip does appear to be Semi-Flat, yes.

I took some pictures of my three different kinds of Dranzer S AR:
The only difference in them is that the Phantom Force's "wings" are joined by a thin strip of plastic, unlike the original mold(blue) and the red one.
Yep, that's heavy attack. I really must get around to writing the Attack WD's Article. Heavy Attack is the best of them, though it's still outclassed by 6/10 Heavy and 10 Balance, it *can* be used on compacts, though it has those recoil issues.

Your collection isn't "small" by any means, especially after Valentin's gift, haha!

Try out Blizzard Orthus's base some time, I'm curious as to how quick it moves.

Also, track down a tornado attack somehow, everyone should own one!
@impresssive collection th!nk..haha..you got 2 Uriel 2 man...i got so jelly..haha
I did try out Blizzard Orthus' base, actually, right after I got it. It's considerably slower than any of my grip bases(Grip Base, Storm Grip, Fantom Grip, whatever Dragoon V's is called, and Customize Grip, along with Gaia Dragoon V's base).

I do really want a Tornado Attack quite a lot for my HMS and Plastics, but I'm not sure how realistic it is atm.

I also edited my earlier post with some things addressing your earlier questions, th!nk.
Unsurprising. How's the controllability? The tip shape reminds me of Gaia Dragoon (S/F series), which wasn't that fast, but was beloved by Japanese players in pre-tornado ridge times for the controllability. It was a nice base, but the pockets it had hanging down for the small metal balls were terrible for its LAD, so I am curious if Blizzard Orthrus's base is somewhat similar, perhaps an improvement upon it...
That said, being slower than Dragoon V's base means it's basically useless now we have tornado ridges.

Sadly, the last sets with them disappeared from ebay a few weeks back. Your best hope would be hunting one down on Y!JA or, more likely, second hand. They're quite delicate, though, I would suggest when you get it, filling the underside with something/reinforcing the walls from inside.

Shame about the Twin Guard, but I understand, haha.

As for the PF Dranzer S, thanks for that. Nonetheless, between the stronger material and that join there (which should fix a lot of the breakage issues of the part), it's still probably a very nice attack AR. The range would still be an issue, though.

Benjo: haha, only one of them is in decent condition. The first one's AR was used for 3 battles and is chipped badly, the base is destroyed, one SP is missing (I must search for it), and the tip is rather heavily used, haha.

I believe I will move my response to that elsewhere...
@th!nk: How would you go about reinforcing the underside of the TA stadium? Paper? Foam insulation? Something like that?
(Feb. 28, 2012  5:22 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: @th!nk: How would you go about reinforcing the underside of the TA stadium? Paper? Foam insulation? Something like that?

Knowing him, probably a good ol' fashion duct tape.
(Feb. 28, 2012  5:22 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: @th!nk: How would you go about reinforcing the underside of the TA stadium? Paper? Foam insulation? Something like that?

Honestly, I'm still working on that part of my plan, you would probably have a better idea than me.

(Feb. 28, 2012  5:24 PM)Uwik Wrote:

Knowing him, probably a good ol' fashion duct tape.

Hah, no, I am a fan of OVER reinforcing things, perhaps about 3000 layers would do it.

I would probably start with duct tape in the corners, just to give it a little more structure directly, but I would look at something more solid than foam or paper as a filling, I'm still trying to work out what will have enough give not to damage parts if they hit the walls (though I guess that's not such a big deal), but is sturdy enough to prevent the stadium deforming/being pierced etc.

Probably something that will set in place so there are no voids, but won't be too heavy, and then I will probably put it on a sheet of like plywood or whatever.

Might get really into it and attach a spirit meter to it to make sure the stadium is level for tournaments, but that would require me to do things.
For internal reinforcement, I would definitely like to explore some sort of spray-delivered, expanding medium that dries into a solid or semi-solid like foam or caulk. Probably best to use some other plastic base or hasbro stadium for a testing environment though...

As to the spirit level and board mounting system, I think that leveling is a huge issue during outdoor play. Ground is never perfectly even, but when it is significantly tilted it can create real problems for attack types self KOing out the "down" side. Interestingly enough, the Zero-G Attack Stadium would appear to kind of solve this issue on its own, right?
Yes, I was considering something like that, I'm a bit worried about the chance of voids though.

Haha, that is true. But I currently use more rudimentary methods for finding level ground and check that stadia are level (generally it involves either a marble or a stamina type), but yeah, I'd like to attach a small spirit level for future use.

It's been a while since I've done any project like this, though, and I haven't quite figured out how I would attach the board to the stadium, as unless the medium itself clings to the stadium, there's very little surface are for attachment...

What I may do is just tape up my practice stadium on the outside edges of the walls so there are no cracks (this makes it illegal for standard play, but it's pretty far gone at the moment, honestly, fixing it would take a lot of work), and testing the concept out with that first.
MFB
Hell Kerbecs
Basalt Horoguim
Meteo L drago
Earth Aquila
Rock Giraffe
Ray Unicorno
Aquario
Galaxy Pegasis
Thermal Lacerta
Dark Bull
(Feb. 29, 2012  12:50 PM)GPegasis Wrote: MFB