Bakugan: Big Time Anime these days!

LOL brooklyn it's microlife here and yeah beyblade is spreading around the bakuforums and yeah there is more than 45 beyblade thread a week so yeah plus me and brooklyn have been spreading the word
how do you even play bakugan I have friends that have them but have no idea at all.
(Oct. 07, 2010  12:01 AM)Jacksonian Wrote: how do you even play bakugan I have friends that have them but have no idea at all.

they have a rulebook on the site ill pull up a link if you want...
Does bakugan even exist in the world of "people being interested in it?" I haven't even seen a kid with a bakugan and everytime i go o toys r us none of the things on bakugan have been sold! A long time ago, i played bakugan with my dad and we just quit and said, "strategy mah foot!"
ok, i used to play bakugan, and when it first came out it was great. g levels were closer together, the end of game score rule was interesting and the whole ball rolling thing was impressive. when they changed the cards and made the bakugan bigger, the game lost the score rule but gained more interesting abilitys, including ability cards, but the bakugan were harder to get on the card, but that wasn't much of the problem till the bakugan just got stronger as the game got older, loosing their charm and making older bakugan useless. then they throwed in traps, cool for a week then a total fail, same with battlegear. then i just gave up, the bakugan were just getting too strong and the extra gear was too much and stratergy other than getting your bakugan super strong was weak. the show was the same, great at first but with every new series the quality of the storyline droped. beyblade on the other hand, has it's anime going up in story quality (though those english voices are always going to be bad) and because beys work around physics more, not too many older parts get outclassed too quickly, lightning is still good and pre-hws pegasis still has a use and they are one of the first in this new generation of beys, while new beys also have fails, like most of the 4d tracks. this means that you still can use your older parts against newer beys and still have a good chance. downgrading older cards as the game progresses happens in alot of card games (pokemon, yu-gi-oh, etc), but im not a real fan of games that do that. so im sticking with beyblades.

ps:if anybody would like to buy my bakugan (series 1- gundalion invaders) pm me.
(Jan. 24, 2009  6:58 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: bakugan is a terrible game

My thoughts on Bakugan are right here. The idea of how they work is interesting, but the game surrounding them is awful.
(Oct. 07, 2010  9:22 PM)Hirosan Wrote: no that's ok dude ty anyways though.

This made me laugh so much. I know it's from a year and a half ago, but man. Dude asks how Bakugan is played, other dude suggests reading the rules on the site, dude from before's like "Nah bro I'm okay".
(Mar. 20, 2012  11:37 PM)To Wrote: Dude asks how Bakugan is played, other dude suggests reading the rules on the site, dude from before's like "Nah bro I'm okay".

Please don't put the word 'Dude' so many times in your posts, it really makes me feel... pointed.

Is Bakugan really still alive? Uncertain
Bakugan is one of those things surviving vigilantly - or at least what appears to be so judging by any toy aisle of any store - because of its products.
I go into a toy store. Countless times the Beyblade shelf is completely empty. I have never seen Bakugan with anything less than a full shelf. Says a lot for Bakugan.
Bakugan is a fading star. You'd be able to say the exact same thing about Beyblade during the HMS era too.
Prices are going down insanely here in Australia because it really isn't much anymore. Like; $1 for a Super Assault .. in Big W.

Bakugan is soon to be gone. Till Baku-tech comes out, haha.

But yeah, Never understood the concept of playing it in real life.
Ok, I used to love this crud. Some kids would hold a tourney after school in my area every thursday, but after 2 or 3 tourney's I hated it. Soon there were only 2 out of the 13 kids left, and the tourneys stopped because, well, there were only 2 people. Seriously. Two years later (the present time) they quit to and they told me that they quit of the stupid ideas that bakugan had. And today I checked the site to see what these stupid ideas were. What I saw on the site is a disgrace to Marvel. That just might have given away the atrocious idea but here it is.
Imo, Marvel should not have agreed to this.
I never really played Bakugan but used to love the show. I have like 50+ bakugan or something.
BakuTech TV is somewhat disappointing. If you think the twelve minute time slot for 4D/Zero-G is bad, BakuTech TV is even worse, it has a five minute time slot.

On the other hand, in BakuTech TV, they actual follow the real life rules for the Bakugan tabletop game. I actually find that to be more realistic than the original series when there were broken/changed rules like using countless Ability Cards, being able to only use one Bakugan per battle (in seasons 2-4), keeping your opponent's Bakugan if your Bakugan has 500 Gs more than them (in seasons 2-3), etc.
I used to be a big Bakugan fan since Season one. My first Bakugan was a Darkus Tuskor with 600 Gs. My favorites before I stopped were Helios, Neo Dragonoid, and Apollonir. I just outgrew it, and when I would have bought a Bakugan one day, I bought Storm Pegasus instead.
Here's the opening for BakuTech:

The show's like 5 minutes long and stands no shot at international release.
Honestly, at 5 minutes, it seems almost like the sort of thing they could do like Digimon did back in the mid-90's - they included a VHS tape with a 5-ish minute long promotional ad for the Anime with several of the toys.

It's not going to happen, but it wouldn't be the worst way to handle it, either.
I did think this series had the potential to be released as a web-series or something. The problem is that it seems Spin Masters is dropping Bakugan in the west. They didn't feature the series at all during Toyfair. Not only that, but BakuTech is produced by ShoPro, not any of the companies who produced the older series. ShoPro also produces such Japan-only CG classics like the recent Duel Masters, and Hamtaro anime.
Bakutech is owned by sets toys not spinmaster they couldnt air it if they wanted to.
I used to like bakugan
These are the seasons and bakugans that I liked
1: The bakugan has reasonable power and the show was pretty good
2: Same as 1 but a little bit cooler
3: Watched 1st halve and it wasn't that good. Only a few bakugan were good
4: Never watched it and only got 2 bakugan
Bakugan is really down hill now
(Jun. 08, 2012  4:04 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I used to like bakugan
These are the seasons and bakugans that I liked
1: The bakugan has reasonable power and the show was pretty good
2: Same as 1 but a little bit cooler
3: Watched 1st halve and it wasn't that good. Only a few bakugan were good
4: Never watched it and only got 2 bakugan
Bakugan is really down hill now

this mostly, only real diffrence is i got a mechtigon and i watched all the anime, thanks to spin master another good game dies off, hopefully bakugan's spiritual sucesser Monsuno dosent flop or make the same mistakes
Woah, just woah. This thread looked like a skirmish of feelings left and right! XD