Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Attitudes
Cpt. Squirrel

An Idiot In Brum.
Rose Gold FaceAntique Face

(Aug 02 2010 08:50 PM)Train Wrote:  
(Aug 02 2010 08:42 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote:  /my two pennies.

Some of us have been with the community longer and used to hold various positions either modding or even administrating. I think it's all our responsibility to make sure this place runs smoothly with the ideal being: "Quick and accurate information easily accessible to all members." Being fair there have been times I've been on here and there wasn't a mod in sight either. Just leaving it and hoping it will get cleaned up eventually is fine, but I'm sure I speak for more than just myself when I say we prefer something a little more proactive.

But that's what causes users to feel people are being too strict on them...

If I did something stupid enough to be reprimanded for, I'd personally like it more if a mod told me rather than a regular user. I don't like it when people are condescending towards me, and I'd only listen to someone in authority.

Regardless of how long you've been a member or if you used to be a mod/someone important, the fact is that you're not anymore, and so you can't really have the same effect that a moderator has.

[Image: pakistandonationcopy.jpg]
Aug 02 2010 08:54 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
theflightyellz

retired
BeyRank: #405 (1,148)
Peridot FaceFace of CourageBronze FaceAntique FaceSilver FaceDJ FaceSilver FaceRose Gold FaceVirgo FaceLapis Lazuli FaceGold FaceFace of SoulAmethyst FaceGold FaceFace of DaysAquila FaceAquila FaceUnicorno FaceAnubis Face

Our forum has always prided itself on members trying to make a difference though, and that's how we get mods, admin, that's how I got to the stage that I'm at now.
I suppose we could put it in to place that members shouldn't reprimand other members, and if they do then they'd be warned for it.
But if that were the case we'd need to take on large numbers of moderators just to cover the influx, it just wouldn't be plausible.

[Image: solbazeburnfirst.png]
Aug 02 2010 09:00 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
gurugulu

BeyRank: #532 (1,116)
Face of DaysLibra FaceFace of Days II

People really shouldn't even bring up that they think you're being strict. Just keep your thoughts to yourself. They should know that they can't change the way you are.

[Image: gurugulusignature.jpg]

Mess with the bey and you get the blades.
Aug 02 2010 09:05 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Corey

3..2..1 SHOOT!
Antique FaceThunder Dragon FaceSea Dragon Face

We agree to the TOS when we sign up here.

If rules aren't followed, the mods have the right to take any action necessary.

If anything, the moderators are too lenient.

[Image: 2i04vpz.jpg]
Thank you DranzerMS!
Aug 03 2010 12:19 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Toonpenguin

I'm not david Bowie

Maybe the newer members get 1 week lee-way after that if they continue to make the random post, threads, etc. they should be subject to a punishment. I know you want to be nice to the newer members but giving them a 1 week lee-way to learn the rules is long enough to get them to adapt to the forums any time past that is just ignorance to follow the rules

I'm not returning back to the WBO. You will not get any response if you PM me about anything.

Thank you !

Member February 09 - August 09
Aug 03 2010 12:42 AM
Moss-Da-Boss

Cynical 4yr old
BeyRank: #451 (1,136)
Antique FaceDJ FaceWolf FaceChimera FaceHerculeo Face

I really think the attitude towards not only mods but genuinly people trying to help them and In my experience most people who post carp usually are either really new or really ignorant

Mega Blocks are the Moron's Lego
Aug 03 2010 01:13 AM
Hiro Ayami

Soul Spire
Amethyst FaceFace of SoulEternal Passport Face
(This post was last modified: Aug 03 2010 01:40 AM by Hiro Ayami.)
There is something to be said about the Internet Forum "Community" as a whole. The WBO is a closer/smaller forum than generic ones that specialize in super broad interests like Anime, Cars, Microsoft/Computer Technical Assistance, etc. On the WBO there is a strict, or perhaps tempered expectation of general etiquette/knowledge. For the most part we're patient enough not to throw warnings left and right, we can all understand that the WBO is a different forum community with less forgiving rules, but that is mostly because we all care about the community we've built here.

I think generalizing everything with being new or ignorance is unnecessary and probably incorrect for the most part. Mistakes happen, sometimes they're repeated, but its up to the individual to understand, learn, and grow from them. I don't think having a warning level under a user name is a bad thing unless you, yourself make it out to be, its a learning curve and I wouldn't look down on any member for having been warned in the past.

'High Ranked Members' is a poor term, I don't think there is anything like that here tbh. There are individuals who are well respected and perhaps more knowledgeable than others but that doesn't make them any better than any one else here. A lot of the members who are well-known/respected have invested a lot of time on the the WBO participating and helping it grow.

Regarding "Back Seat Moderators": I do not have a problem with it nor is it generally frowned upon. However there should be no reason to "rules quote" or threaten moderator action on anything, we'll act when we need to and really, there is a Report link on posts for a reason. Honestly I prefer members sorting things out between themselves before a moderator has to step in as long as it is reasonable.

In all its important for everyone to remember this is the internet, real life subtleties such tone (sarcasm) and mannerisms are easily lost in translation. A lot of misunderstandings arise from this as a result. If someone posts something that irks you I encourage you to take a few minutes before you reply and think about how you're going to reply and why. If its really malicious or you feel it as a personal attack you're better off to ignore it and report the poster, if not, you may have misunderstood the context of their post.
Aug 03 2010 01:39 AM
GeneralHawx

Casually Blading
Antique Face

Good post but it will be ignored like the rest of the stickies
Aug 03 2010 05:21 AM
RエスコルピオT125JB

Plastics Generation

KazumiXxXxX, you are rude with ____ mods ......____. We need to respect all of them as they work hard here.

[Image: bradday2seal.png]
Never dead.
[Image: damian2a.jpg]
Clicky------->
Miscellaneous (Click to View)
Aug 03 2010 06:08 AM
(This post was last modified: Aug 03 2010 06:46 AM by Flosal.)
(Aug 03 2010 06:16 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote:  Get ready for a Perma Ban if you don't like Beyblades why did you come to the site and why dd you join?

Its obvious trolling, as kai-v said, don't bother, report. Btw, if more people like these arrive to the site, we may have some future trouble...
Aug 03 2010 06:44 AM

First of all in order to understand what the main problem is that the kids that are annoying everyone and getting warnings are really young and kids now days want answers right away c'mon they are 9-12 year olds most of the still don't even have self control but there are a few that do before they get registered you could if possible have a way of making sure they have read a couple of the most important rules and pm them a sort of mini test to make sure they understand the rules before they can post and fully register and one more thing you could also have bounderies and limitations on what admins can and can not do or have diffrint admins and mods moniter diffrents parts of the forum have them assigned to diffrent parts of it so they won't get so frustrated and take turns with diffrent parts of the forum every couple weeks just to switch it up so it won't get old and boring to them I just thought I'd mintion those ideas.

"Imagine you were given one hour, exactly sixty minutes and zero seconds to put your entire life and the world around you in total perspective. What would you say? What would it sound like?
Aug 03 2010 07:42 AM
Nojo294

I Can Has Cheezburga
Antique Face

There are times for you to speak your opinions and that's fine, bt there are more times to just keep your thought to yourself. And this is probably the problem here because we have kids in elementary school signing up. Remember when we were young? We wanted to know everything right away and would talk about the randomest things.

Of course there are obvious trollers who need to find a life ASAP and stop posting in forums just because they can't find security in their own lives and cannot express their feeleing properly in real lfe but that's another story...

Anyways what Im trying to say is that when posting, discretion and maturity is nessecary because that's how this community was built up and maintained for such a long period of time. Of course I am new too and am not saying that I follow the rules perfectly buy I try and hopefully I'm making a positive contribution to this forum and it's users as a whole.

You stop merely existing and start living only when you have passion.
Aug 03 2010 08:09 AM
Daegor42

変身!
BeyRank: #271 (1,198)
Amethyst FaceAntique FaceDJ FaceLibra FaceLapis Lazuli FaceFace of SoulCancer FaceEmerald FaceFace of Days IIFace of Days IIISapphire FaceAnniversary Face 2013Eternal Passport Face
(This post was last modified: Aug 03 2010 12:43 PM by Daegor42.)
I seriously don't understand why people are shielding members with excuses like "they're only kids". It is precisely because they've been dealt with kid gloves their whole life that they don't understand how to act properly. Also, regarding the point about how kids want to know everything, this may just have been me, but when I was 10ish I actually went and researched what I wanted to know about. I don't think it's just to allow kids to run amuck simply because they are kids. There is too much leeway for them already. That is why they act like most of them do, imho.

Also, I know for certain there are "kids" out there who are refined, mature and can do the research.
*cough* Diamond *cough*

戦う, 正義の 仮面ライダーV3!
Aug 03 2010 12:43 PM
Cpt. Squirrel

An Idiot In Brum.

There's a reason why kids are treated the way they are though.

When I was 10, I was a don, but not everyone's the same. You were put in your gifted class and so that's probably why you were researching stuff. Not everyone's as able as that at 10 years old.

[Image: pakistandonationcopy.jpg]
Aug 03 2010 01:22 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
Daegor42

変身!
BeyRank: #271 (1,198)
Amethyst FaceAntique FaceDJ FaceLibra FaceLapis Lazuli FaceFace of SoulCancer FaceEmerald FaceFace of Days IIFace of Days IIISapphire FaceAnniversary Face 2013Eternal Passport Face

(Aug 03 2010 01:22 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote:  You were put in your gifted class and so that's probably why you were researching stuff. Not everyone's as able as that at 10 years old.

Oh. I forget about that sometimes. I don't feel particularly smart, so I don't really pay heed to that most of the time. Still... I think my point still stands.

戦う, 正義の 仮面ライダーV3!
Aug 03 2010 01:24 PM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #531 (1,116)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days VEmerald Face

(Aug 03 2010 07:42 AM)Lemonyblader Wrote:  First of all in order to understand what the main problem is that the kids that are annoying everyone and getting warnings are really young and kids now days want answers right away c'mon they are 9-12 year olds most of the still don't even have self control but there are a few that do before they get registered you could if possible have a way of making sure they have read a couple of the most important rules and pm them a sort of mini test to make sure they understand the rules before they can post and fully register and one more thing you could also have bounderies and limitations on what admins can and can not do or have diffrint admins and mods moniter diffrents parts of the forum have them assigned to diffrent parts of it so they won't get so frustrated and take turns with diffrent parts of the forum every couple weeks just to switch it up so it won't get old and boring to them I just thought I'd mintion those ideas.
They do actually get a private message explaining everything. They would get a message with a quiz to test how much they have read, they would still not read it.

I believe there is a sort of mechanism that can freeze the process on the rules for a certain period, and members can only look at those, there is no "OK" button. However, I think even a kid could just open a new window, browse another website, and come back after the time, having not read any of the rules.

Also, I will not have limitations on what I can do, and as an administrator all the sections must be watched.

[Image: UeGedi8.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Aug 03 2010 03:08 PM

They would at least have to read the most important rules to pass the quiz and to be allowed to post unless they just guess and somehow make a perfect score by some extrordinary luck it at least seem like it would help out the problem somewhat you don't have to use my idea I'm just stating an idea I thought would help also I'd like to see the 1..2..3 rule your out inforced. P.S power is the seed of all evil and ignorance

"Imagine you were given one hour, exactly sixty minutes and zero seconds to put your entire life and the world around you in total perspective. What would you say? What would it sound like?
Aug 03 2010 05:25 PM
Corey

3..2..1 SHOOT!
Antique FaceThunder Dragon FaceSea Dragon Face

(Aug 03 2010 05:25 PM)Lemonyblader Wrote:  P.S power is the seed of all evil and ignorance

Why would you include that in your post...? You're implying that the posters with power here are 'evil' and 'ignorant'. I surely hope that was not your intention..

[Image: 2i04vpz.jpg]
Thank you DranzerMS!
Aug 03 2010 05:39 PM

Hahahahaha no it's not ment to be rude. haha my bad if I made it seem that way I was just a little frustrated for some reason but I understand it can get frustrating to be a admin and mod on forums but they Also have to understand theY chose to do it but that frustration there having is what comes with any job that involves making sure people are kept inline it's just like anyother forum

Aug 03 2010 06:04 PM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT
Lapis Lazuli FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceAmethyst FaceFace of WarPeridot FaceKiva FacePainite FacePegasis FaceBrad FaceBull FaceBrad FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVEternal Passport Face

(Aug 03 2010 06:04 PM)Lemonyblader Wrote:  Hahahahaha no it's not ment to be rude. haha my bad if I made it seem that way I was just a little frustrated for some reason but I understand it can get frustrating to be a admin and mod on forums but they Also have to understand theY chose to do it but that frustration there having is what comes with any job that involves making sure people are kept inline it's just like anyother forum

yo people like you are the problem, not the solution. I think a big issue here is that people just don't know when to stop talking.

I no longer manage nor work for the WBO. Do not PM or e-mail me questions about Beyblade! I will not respond!
Aug 03 2010 06:40 PM