Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Nov. 05, 2011  7:36 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: I think it is, but IMO that belongs in Purchase Consultation.

It was more of a question, wasn't really thinking of buying it but I see where you are coming from.

Was there a limited amount made or something?
(Nov. 05, 2011  3:13 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2011  2:32 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Is FB any good?

I think this belongs to Build Me a Combo, but as always, I am not sure.....
FB is quite OK, and looking at its functionality, it actually suits the Destabilizer category, which is simply- useless.... So in short, its OK...

Nah, he's asking about a part, not a combo/how to use a part in a combo, so it's fine.

IIRC Deikailo posted some Fang/low track/FB combo that was quite good, but I don't have FB myself and a lot of stuff was going on in the customisation forum at that time so yeah.

(Nov. 05, 2011  7:36 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: I think it is, but IMO that belongs in Purchase Consultation.

His question didn't relate to a purchase.

(Nov. 04, 2011  8:42 PM)KaizerMFB Wrote: Which is better for Zombies,
MG WD or 10 Wide?

Neither.

The ONLY weight disks for zombies are Wide Defense and Wide Survivor. NOTHING else. EVER. Otherwise, it won't be a zombie, just a very average stamina type (which would be best with 10 wide I guess), and you'd be better using a different TYPE of bey.
(Nov. 05, 2011  7:32 PM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: Is this bey rare? Just wondering.

http://www.toynk.com/product/TAK-BY88451...145DS.html

It comes with a DVD set like MF Earth Aquila 100HF/S did. I believe I saw Uwik say that it was for Indonesia or Singapore or something like that, but I could be wrong.

How much it's rarity compares to the other DVD Beyblades, I don't know, I'm just trying to give some background info on it so you can hopefully find your answer easier.
@th!nk: you don't use ten heavy for everything?
Anything that isn't a compact generally works better with Wide Defense. I can never get enough Wide Defense WD's

Even upper attack beys, according to Mc Frown, whose judgement is only bettered by his ability to make me feel dumb for questioning said judgement.

We'll run through it, too:
Best Weight Disks:
Smash Attack: 1. Wide Defense 2. 10 Wide
Upper Attack: 10 Heavy/Wide Defense (and wide defense is probably better tbh)
Stamina Zombie: 1. Wide Survivor 2. Wide Defense
Stamina Zombie if you don't want to be KO'd by everything that moves: 1. Wide Defense. 2. Wide Survivor
Defense Zombie: 1. Wide Defense
Weight Defense: 1. Wide Defense (due to it's weight, circular shape, and reducing the recoil of upper dragoon). 2. 10 heavy.
Compact: 1. 10 Heavy. 2. 6 Heavy/10 Balance
Spin Stealer/Zombie Killer thing that Bluezee made: 1. Wide Survivor 2. Wide Defense (still excellent, though still super easy to KO).

So yeah, that thing is basically the God Weight Disk.
Ten Heavy is the ideal WD to use with Driger V2-based customs, actually. A "stock" Driger V2 but with a 10 Heavy and an HMC is a wrecking ball - stick it on a high-speed SP-compatible base and we're talking sky-high KOs.
Jusging from th!nk's post, 10 Wide's only decent use is in smash attack combos? Just curious since I got my Burning Kerberous yesterday and wanted to know what the WD was good for.
I never had a WD weight disk so it was a simple choice between 10 heavy or MW for me and MW was rarely good.
Thinking about it, I mostly used compact stuff though. Dragoon S (phantom ver) AR, 10 Heavy, Rock Bison Base and Zeus (TT ver) SG was always the best. The most insane attack type I've ever had.
(Nov. 05, 2011  9:39 PM)Hazel Wrote: Ten Heavy is the ideal WD to use with Driger V2-based customs, actually. A "stock" Driger V2 but with a 10 Heavy and an HMC is a wrecking ball - stick it on a high-speed SP-compatible base and we're talking sky-high KOs.

Oh yeah, that too. That's an upper attacker really though, but one that is better with 10 heavy.

That said, you're limited to Uriel 2's self-destructing wunderbase (which makes that combo some kind of Insane Forbidden-God that cannot contain it's own power), and Dragoon V2's base which isn't very popular but I don't own and therefore cannot comment on.

Maybe you were lucky enough to get a Driger V2 base that did more than just sit there and disappoint you... I was not :C

Dracomageat: Mmm, I don't really see how that would work for attack to be honest, that's a pretty weird/unlikely combo. That said, that's what plastics is all about.

Seriously though, Wide Defense is so worth the high price, it's a must-have piece.
(Nov. 05, 2011  9:39 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Jusging from th!nk's post, 10 Wide's only decent use is in smash attack combos? Just curious since I got my Burning Kerberous yesterday and wanted to know what the WD was good for.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/..._Kerberous
10 Wide? Still awesome for smash attackers, Wide Defence is just a bonus on them.

You can use if for stamina if you don't use a zombie but who does that?

Also, Burning Kerberous is AWESOME, nice buy. Love that Base and SG so much, though you really need Galeon's AR or better, Wide Defense, and Survivor Ring/Cross Survivor/Defense Ring to get the best out of it.
3 bearings=overkill.
wrong thred, derp.
Anyways, is there such a thing as a Black Dranzer GT?
No, doesn't exist. If you see a pic of one i think that guy used photoshop or something.
The tip doesn't really contain a ball bearing, actually, the shaft has a metal ring attached but it is not a bearing, and while this is not attached to the plastic, it is not a true bearing.

The extra bearing(s) greatly improve it's ability to take hits. Mc Frown has also mentioned that Wolborg 1 has better stamina, so they don't really help in that respect (this makes sense to me, a single contact point with a bearing is less total friction than two contact points with a bearing), but it is significantly harder to KO.

Poseidon: Really? I really hoped it was out there. Dei wasn't sure if it existed or not. If it does exist it is basically my most wanted bey.
(Nov. 05, 2011  10:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: Poseidon: Really? I really hoped it was out there. Dei wasn't sure if it existed or not. If it does exist it is basically my most wanted bey.

The guy did a good job http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ask-a-qu...ck+dranzer
Poseidon, watch the vid link. Could be a repaint but it'd be a darn fine job.
IIRC it was indeed confirmed a repaint in some cases and a photoshop in others. It does look amazing though.
Thats G from the WBO, i remember something being said about that, but im sure its a recolour.
My MF is stuck in my Basalt R145 D:

Any ideas?
suicide comes to mind.

how exactly is it stuck?
(Nov. 05, 2011  11:09 PM)iBeyblader Wrote: My MF is stuck in my Basalt R145 D:

Any ideas?

Pliers? they always seem to work for me when something like that happens..

(Nov. 05, 2011  11:12 PM)Dan Wrote: suicide comes to mind.

how exactly is it stuck?

I can twist it, but it just stays there, like I never tried to disassemble it.
The hasbro fusion chamber (or whatever it was called) has been said by many trustworthy sources here to work wonders on such problems. It won't work when it gets stuck on 230 though...
(Nov. 05, 2011  11:15 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: The hasbro fusion chamber (or whatever it was called) has been said by many trustworthy sources here to work wonders on such problems. It won't work when it gets stuck on 230 though...

I don't have one... Tired Why is the most useless thing most useful in certain situations? XD